Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tomei Titanium Cat-back Exhaust for Fiesta ST - Interest

Design Features

• Total voters

TempeST

I am sure some of you have dealt with Tomei and their Titanium exhaust systems before. But if you haven't I highly recommend their exhaust systems. They are incredibly light, and remarkable pieces of work. I have had their exhaust on both my 350Z and my 370Z and I have nothing but great things to say. The workmanship is amazing, the sound is like the voice of the Gods, and the weight... well lets just say this... the 370Z Tomei Ti cat-back exhaust is only 18lbs where the stock is 43lbs. and that is half of that exhaust being dual exhaust and includes a muffler and resonator.

So I have asked Tomei about making a Titanium exhaust for the Fiesta ST. "This year they are setting aside production for the Ford ecoboost platforms"!! I cannot speak for the price but I highly doubt it would be too much more than the higher priced full stainless systems already out on the market, but judging by the weight savings Ti exhaust would have on this car I would say it would weigh in the range of 10-12lbs for the Cat-back, 3", single muffler system. A stainless system that is out for the FiST right now is around 30lbs. The FiST could REALLY benefit from such a light AND durable exhaust system. Not to mention the great sound that comes from these systems.

Here is the E-mail traffic I have had with Taka from TomeiUSA. This thread is to gauge interest and get a count on how many people would like to have this exhaust. The more interest we get maybe the sooner the exhaust will be made. As of now, we are 3rd on the list behind EB Mustang, and the FoST. If we can get enough interest we may be able to move up the list!

"Hello Kyle,

Thank you for taking your time in emailing us in regarding your interest in
our exhaust system for your current vehicle.

Actually, for this year, we were planning in developing exhaust systems for
domestic vehicles, particularly Ford.
We are currently planning on development for the Mustang EcoBoost in a few
weeks, then move on to Focus ST, and possibly RS.

It is great to hear feedback from past customers that are interested in
parts for their Fiesta ST,
and your interest will be forwarded to our guys in Japan, and we may also
start development for the Fiesta ST as well.

Unfortunately, we do not sell directly to our end users, so we will not be
able to start a group buy,
but any interest feedback will be great to convince our guys here to start
the project.
It will be awesome to see an interest thread however to see how the
community is like with the Fiesta ST,
And please update us in a few weeks or so, so we can take it as a
consideration for development for these vehicles.

Thank you very much once again, and your input is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Taka
TOMEI POWERED USA"

I will get a list started and keep it going. I will also update everyone on all the feedback and updates I get from Tomei. Taka from Tomei wants to see our thread, and wants to see our interest. Lets show Tomei our want and need for this remarkably light, durable, and awesome exhaust system!

http://www.tomeiusa.com

INTERESTED:
1. Tempest
2. TyphoonFiST
3. Trahma
4. iX-Grimjoe-Xi
5. Butterybunz
6. A FISTer
7. Jaysinstrife
8. Noodles
9. IBKevin
10. TrickSTer
11. F8lspd
12. Wesdawg
13. Tpetro33
14. Green FiST
15. PBST03
16. Manta Ray
17. MoxBoost
18. Superfly snook
19. Alex7

INTERESTED PENDING PRICE/DESIGN
1. SirSinclair
2. FistST215
3. Slowcord
4. skidro87
5. Im Zee11
6. frankiefiesta
7. WingZero
8.. Waterfan
9. Bizzareo
10. Xaendeau
11. MS67
12. BiigMe

FistSt215

This would be interesting but you know for like most platforms they're super expensive for a catback. Their exhaust can't be had for no cheaper than 950 bucks .

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #7
Added!

808FiST - I'm sure they would do research and make their own decision between the 2.5" and 3, the car in stock form benefits the most from a 2.5" system so it would be interesting to see.

FiSTST215 - their exhausts can be had for cheaper than 950. It is based upon the car though. Even if the exhaust was at 950 it's only 100-150 more than the top competitors and will weigh less by a minimum of 15+ lbs and outlast theirs as well.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #9
Butterybunz added

Thanks guys, hopefully this continues and they will see how many of us would really like one of thier exhausts

Pete

I need a cat back count me in! Looks like they are located in SoCal so if they need a Fiesta to use I can lend them mine.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #11
I need a cat back count me in! Looks like they are located in SoCal so if they need a Fiesta to use I can lend them mine.
Added to the list! That would be awesome. I'm sure having your car would help out with production time.

I'm definitely interested. Located in Canada there aren't many budget catback options available and the higher end SS systems are all pretty expensive like OP mentioned . I'd much rather pay a bit more for a TI exhaust!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Pete

I would also be interested if they could make a titanium catless downpipe

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #14
I'm definitely interested. Located in Canada there aren't many budget catback options available and the higher end SS systems are all pretty expensive like OP mentioned . I'd much rather pay a bit more for a TI exhaust!
Added to the list. I feel the same way. for a superior system in Titanium I would def pay a little more.
[MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION], they may want to make the entire system but I'm sure they would start with the Cat-back first. I would like one too but my EFR requires a different DP.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also for got to say....It would be nice if the exhaust tips weren't like a stereotypical boy racer fart can....but just like the duel tip stock type.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #17
Added to the list!
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] I am not sure how they would do the tips on it, but Taka and the Tomei team will see and read this thread. So everyone please feel free to let them know how you feel. If I were to guess it would most likely be the the majority of their exhausts are and have a single tip. but that's not a certainty, and who knows, maybe the opinions of others will sway their choice. or maybe they will make two different tip types. As of right now, the options are open. We just need to let them know we are interested and what we are interested in. [rockon]

FistSt215

I think I'm gonna wait a little bit to see where this thread goes . I do want a CBE but I will wait to see where the price range gonna be .

I have rice in my veins so I would like a burnt TI fart can

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk