Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not happy with the BFG "G-Force" Sport Comp 2's, who's had them?

I'm curious about experiences with these as I'm not real happy with them after 1000 miles. The ride is noticeably harder then stock and the tramlining on the freeway is out of control. I'm thinking about playing with pressures and alignment but it would be nice to know if it's futile. So much for saving a buck, the stockers were quite nice actually. Any feedback is appreciated.

I loved them on my Miata. No issues what so ever. If your alignment and psi isn't dialed-in, good luck.

Siestarider

I was very happy with 205/45/16's mounted on OZ Ultras. More compliant than stock on street and quick on track for durable street tires. Light 16" wheels may have a lot to do with my satisfaction. They did heat cycle out before tread was gone, but 10 track days and 10K miles on street is very respectable wear.

Used BFG SC-2 205/40/17's coming Wed on a set of 17x7 16 lb wheels, will try those for DD use after Sat track day on 215/45/16 Rival S.

I will post on how the 40 sidewall BFG SC-2's feel vs stockers, probably swap rims out Sunday.

I went down a size so I don't know if ny situation is directly comparable but I like them. They feel softer than the Sumitomo all seasons I had before, but I attribute that to almost an inch extra contact patch on the road and the larger sidewall. Still super grippy though.

Waterfan

I'm on 205/45-16 BFG SC2s. Daily driver/hwy cruiser/canyon use only.

Pros:
-Much more dry grip compared to 21k mileage OEM Potenzas (yes, an unfair comparison, fresh tires vs. end-of-life tires. No wet grip experience to date, still in a drought around here :( )
-Significantly more comfortable (mostly/entirely due to additional sidewall of 205/45-16 sizing)
-Easily accessible/Dirt cheap ($85 ea after discounts, installed at my favorite local shop)
-I personally cannot find the limit of grip (too far outside my comfort zone)

Cons:
-Minor but noticeable loss of turn-in response. (I have already "adjusted" and have no sense of regret)
-Initially somewhat noisy, somewhere between 500-1k miles they have quieted/my ears have adjusted and I don't hear them at all any more.

Had them on my old car and they were better than the Bridgestones I had on that same car previously. But the stock Bridgestones on the Fiesta grip much better on dry. The BFG tires did a little better on wet and cold roads because they were all season. They were loud on the highway, but then that whole car was loud on the highway and the previous Bridgestones were equally as loud, so it's hard to compare them to the tires on the Fiesta ST because it's a lot quieter in the Fiesta.

I went down to 16's on Tire Rack rims for winter with no problems. Ride and noise was comparable to stock plus plenty of grip on snow. Tire Rack rims were a lot lighter than stock and the extra sidewall height softened the ride. They could have easily stayed on all year but that wasn't the purpose. Photos are under Winter Tire thread.

Siestarider

I have had the used BFG 205/40/17 SC-2's on kosei wheels DD for three weeks now. More sensitive than stock wheels/tires (which I still have and use now and then), as one would expect with lighter wheels. Ride at least as good as OEM. Good in rain. I like them a lot better than 215/45/16 Rival S for DD. I cannot reasonably evaluate noise, exhaust too noisy. Will post track impressions next week.

I'm curious about experiences with these as I'm not real happy with them after 1000 miles. The ride is noticeably harder then stock and the tramlining on the freeway is out of control. I'm thinking about playing with pressures and alignment but it would be nice to know if it's futile. So much for saving a buck, the stockers were quite nice actually. Any feedback is appreciated.
What size did you get? I ended up with 195-55/15 I think. I absolutely love them! These are probably one of the best tires I have ever used for the street, and dirt cheap too! I don't think they will last too long, but I'm okay with the price being around $75 here.

Siestarider

Tracking 205/40/17's on a hot afternoon went fine. This size communicates better than the 205/45/16, as would be expected. Accurate turn in and good grip, easier to manage slides.

They are maybe 2 secs slower, 1:43 vs 1:41 on 215/45/16 Rival S. They ran best at 35f/32r cold, hot temps around 44f/38r. Not nearly as noisy as Rivals on trip home, so they did not cup as much. I still like them on street better than Rivals.