Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Next-Gen Mazda 2 Revealed by Leaked Sketch of Hazumi Concept [2014 Geneva Auto Show]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mazda 2 reveal in Geneva
We've now gotten out first look at the next-generation Mazda 2 thanks to this sketch of the Hazumi concept car leaked by autofilou.at. The dramatic rendering hints at the show car that will bow at the Geneva auto show next week. When it comes to market sometime in 2015, it will bring Mazda's tiniest offering in line with the styling of the widely praised Mazda 3, Mazda 6, and Mazda CX-5 models.

Considering the current Mazda 2 was first shown in Geneva seven years ago, it still looks contemporary. But it pales next to the shape of the Hazumi concept, which features a far more aggressive and imposing front end, and more dramatic lines and creases on the flanks.Technical details are still an unknown, but we expect it to soldier on with a compact 1.5-liter four-cylinder. We're hopeful Mazda will address one of our biggest gripes, which is that the current car's outdated four-speed automatic needs to go.. The five-speed manual, by contrast, is just dandy, but if the company really wants to get us excited, it needs to take the fight to Ford's Fiesta ST and come out with a Mazdaspeed 2.

Check back next week for more information on Mazda's Hazumi concept live from the Geneva auto show

I hear that the Mazda 2 handles really well. Never got the chance to try it myself. I rarely see them anyway. Any one got any experience?

I would love to see them come out with a Speed2. It will be yet another vehicle tested against the FiST that will lose.

Those wheels have major flat spots on the bottom lol

If they did make a MS2,I bet it would be pretty badass like the MS3,bc knowing Mazda they would throw in a huge ass turbo! And make it one quick lil car. Imagine this thing with the 2.3 liter turbo Mazda has in the MS3s now,that would be beast!

-ry

If they did make a MS2,I bet it would be pretty badass like the MS3,bc knowing Mazda they would throw in a huge ass turbo! And make it one quick lil car. Imagine this thing with the 2.3 liter turbo Mazda has in the MS3s now,that would be beast!

-ry
Why would they put in a 5 year old engine that Mazda doesn't even use anymore?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I really didn't care too much for the old Mazda 2, but this one looks good.

Perry

The image above looks to me very much like a concept-car image that will prove significantly different from whatever rolls off the production line. That said, I like it, on the whole, though lots of things can look good from a single perspective drawing not hampered by any real-world compromises. All things considered, though, thumbs up so far. Let's see what they bring to the table.