Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Air Conditioning Click

A couple days ago the AC in my FiST started to make a clicking noise on initial startup. It's rather loud and lasts for about 30 seconds tops, but then doesn't happen again after that. It also only seems to occur if the car has been resting for a while (made a short stop at a liquor store and it did not make the noise when I started the car up again). Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's not the compressor clutch... It's the blend door actuator. In guessing you've got about 20k miles on your car. It's covered under warranty.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

OP
MichiganST
Thread Starter #4
You think maybe it's having trouble engaging? I've been using the air conditioning consistently for about a month and this is the first time it's done this.

OP
MichiganST
Thread Starter #5
It's not the compressor clutch... It's the blend door actuator. In guessing you've got about 20k miles on your car. It's covered under warranty.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
I've got about 16k on it. Good to know it's covered under warranty.

Heh, my 14 started doing this yesterday at 17k miles. I know it's covered under warranty, and I knew it was a common problem, but it still scared the crap out of me when it first started.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Anybody DIY the fix for this?

I do not like others working on my cars, especially dealers and a highly modded car some knucklehead might decide to take for a drive so I would rather fix it myself but taking the dash out to get to it would suck though I have pulled quite a few over the decades.....I hope this one is not to hard to get to.

Rick

----------

Found the thread here, I had not idea this is such a widespread problem but at least easy to fix compared to pulling a dash!

Cheap part as well, DIY absolutely!

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4424-Blend-Door-Actuator-Issue-Thread