Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: make sure your spare tire comes out

I got a can of fix a flat so I can drop the weight of the spare tire. Went to remove the tire this morning and the dang thing wouldn't come out! We finally figured out that at the factory they must have put the spare in and then inflated it. Thing fit so tightly that it lodged itself in the well. We released some pressure and it lifted right out. The situation would have been problematic if I was on the side of a road somewhere. So double check that you can remove your spare tire with full air pressure in it.

It is definitely tight back there. It took me a bit of wrangling to get it dislodged.

I bought an aluminum wheel compact spare from a regular Fiesta along with the correct bolt retainer deal to hold it in. It is quite a bit lighter than stock and I don't have to worry about flats still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

They are about 90 bucks plus shipped on ebay for an unused one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I don't know... Weight savings verses having a redundant tire so that you don't have to call for a tow in the event of a blowout. I'd rather keep the weight and the tire. I felt extremely uneasy in my rental car Hyundai Elantra a couple weeks ago because all it comes with is an air pump and a fix a flat type thing.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Lmao. I take out spare at every event. Just tilt it in and out. Not that dang hard. Fix a flat only works in some cases. Every time I had a flat it wouldn't have worked.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What's the lightest AND least expensive FULL SIZE setup we can fit in that well (and how wide can it be and still fit flush)? [dunno]