Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Considering two different wheels and I need help.

So this will be my first aftermarket wheels so I just want to make sure I am 100% informed before purchasing.

These are the two wheels I'm considering
  1. https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=
  2. https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=

I like the first option best because I have the stock black wheels and don't want to change to silver. My only concern is that on tire rack they're called Focus wheels, even though I selected Fiesta wheels only on Tire Rack. Since they're OEM I went to Ford Performance's site and they were listed under Focus there too.

The only difference I could find between the two sets, though, is the backspacing. Set 1 is 5.91" and Set 2 is 5.98." Does that .07" actually make a difference, or would they still fit properly?

Any help would be appreciated!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
They'll fit perfectly on the Fiesta ST. In fact most older Focus wheels that are 4x108 are all compatible.

For what it's worth, I like the black wheels as well. Post some photos when they get mounted!

These are pretty damn heavy if im not mistaken.
They are. I'd suggest something lighter like the TeamDynamics through Perfect Circle, or the Sparco Assetto Garas. The weight savings from unsprung weight are definitely noticeable during driving. The kosei wheels are also incredibly good for the money and only 16 lbs a piece!

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Wheels from the following will fit the Fiesta;
2000-2011 Ford Focus
1995+ Ford Contour
1995+ Mercury Mystique
1998+ Mercury Cougar

These all used 4x108 BC and have FWD offset.

Something to think about concerning the 15 spoke wheels, coming from someone who owned a set on a Focus, they are going to be terrible to keep clean. Even in black, all those spokes take a long time to take care of. I actually took them off of my SVT Focus and installed 5-spoke wheels to avoid all the time spent cleaning. If you do go this route, I highly suggest sealing them with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheel Sealant when they are new. The stuff works great for helping cut down the cleaning time.

Waterfan

They are. I'd suggest something lighter like the TeamDynamics through Perfect Circle, or the Sparco Assetto Garas. The weight savings from unsprung weight are definitely noticeable during driving. The kosei wheels are also incredibly good for the money and only 16 lbs a piece!
QUOTED because this is the OP's first set of aftermarket wheels.
[MENTION=5352]patmcassey[/MENTION]

Please be aware of the SIGNIFICANT performance and comfort benefits from reducing wheel weights. Even 2-3 lbs less can make a noticeable difference.

For reference, the Stock FiST wheels are 22.5 lbs and ET47 (47mm) offset

Your 2 options are 21 lbs and ET49 offset. That's 49-47 - 2mm narrower wheelbase than stock. It will definitely fit.

Many other 17x7" wheels are less than 20 lbs.

Of course the weight really doesn't matter if you are doing this for cosmetic reasons. And that is totally your choice.

Also on Tire Rack:
1. 17x7 Sparco Assetto Gara Black
Similar multi-spoke appearance
17.9 lbs
$143
ET42 (perfect)

2. 17x7 MSW Type 85 Gunmetal
20 lbs
$99
ET42

3. Money no object rally style - OZ Leggenda Black
18.5 lbs
$249 [crazyeye]
ET42

And I know you don't want silver, but here is the 17" version of my MAXXIM Winner multispoke wheels. 17lbs for only $110 is a STEAL. You could powerdercoat. The aforementioned ProRace 1.2 are something to seriously consider as well

QUOTED because this is the OP's first set of aftermarket wheels.
[MENTION=5352]patmcassey[/MENTION]

Please be aware of the SIGNIFICANT performance and comfort benefits from reducing wheel weights. Even 2-3 lbs less can make a noticeable difference.

For reference, the Stock FiST wheels are 22.5 lbs and ET47 (47mm) offset

Your 2 options are 21 lbs and ET49 offset. That's 49-47 - 2mm narrower wheelbase than stock. It will definitely fit.

Many other 17x7" wheels are less than 20 lbs.

Of course the weight really doesn't matter if you are doing this for cosmetic reasons. And that is totally your choice.

Also on Tire Rack:
1. 17x7 Sparco Assetto Gara Black
Similar multi-spoke appearance
17.9 lbs
$143
ET42 (perfect)

2. 17x7 MSW Type 85 Gunmetal
20 lbs
$99
ET42

3. Money no object rally style - OZ Leggenda Black
18.5 lbs
$249 [crazyeye]
ET42

And I know you don't want silver, but here is the 17" version of my MAXXIM Winner multispoke wheels. 17lbs for only $110 is a STEAL. You could powerdercoat. The aforementioned ProRace 1.2 are something to seriously consider as well
The Enkei J10 is also worth considering or the maybe the Sparco Trofeo. Not to everybody's taste, of course; but it is very well made and light weight. It's also cheaper than even the Sparco wheels.

I personally recently dropped to a 16" wheel with the Sparco Assetto Gara and the reduced unsprung weight it is noticeable to say the least. Combined with the increased grip of the RE71 tire and weight savings there over my Michelin PSS and I have cut 6.5 lbs at each corner. Car is definitely quicker thanks to being lighter on its feet.

Waterfan

The Enkei J10 is also worth considering or the maybe the Sparco Trofeo. Not to everybody's taste, of course; but it is very well made and light weight. It's also cheaper than even the Sparco wheels.

I personally recently dropped to a 16" wheel with the Sparco Assetto Gara and the reduced unsprung weight it is noticeable to say the least. Combined with the increased grip of the RE71 tire and weight savings there over my Michelin PSS and I have cut 6.5 lbs at each corner. Car is definitely quicker thanks to being lighter on its feet.
Agree completely

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
My Sparco wheels I use in the winter do have OZ in the casting.

Lightweight wheels/tires make a huge difference in performance. The less mass you need to accelerate and de-accelerate, the better! It is strange that my ST, and even more on my 2011 Fiesta, felt quicker in the winter with the lightweight 15" or 14" on the 2011 compared to my heavy 17" wheels. The turn-in sucked, but to be expected using tall winter tires with crazy soft sidewalls. The weight delta is very noticeable.

OP
P
Thread Starter #17
Hey everybody, I know I started this thread a while ago -- had to put the purchase on hold for a bit -- but based on all your advice I'm going to purchase five-spoke Montegi wheels once spring rolls around and use my stock wheels on a set of winter tires. The Montegi's are 18.6 lbs each so I'm hoping I can notice the difference.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...utoModel=Fiesta+ST&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=