Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

oil sandwich plate

Trader history for RED RYDER (0)

just starting my build and one thing that bothered me was the fact that our cars do not have an oil guage.i for one have had oil pressure problems in the past from blockage and lost pressure,believe me not a good thing for the engine.i looked on the forum using search but there is nothing about the sandwich plate so i started calling various vendors.one vendor who i will not mention the name told me all the universal parts should fit.when i asked will they fit a ford fiesta st he said he did not know.how can you sell parts if you do not know what cars the part will fit.do not use these vendors you are only asking for trouble! i called edge autosport and the gentleman on the line was very helpful.he said let me call the vendors who make this part and we will see if it fits the ford fiesta st.there is only one vendor whose part will fit our cars and EDGE has the part in stock.that is what i call a top notch company!!![clap]

V_2

I just got one off ebay for $10 when I installed my gauges. They all come from China anyway. I believe the oil filter threads are 3/4 x 16. Prosport also sells them for ~$40.

Damnit I assumed it was just my phone

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
TURBO BLACK
Thread Starter #7
worfab,i got to see the pictures,wow beautiful gauges.they must be expensive.thx for posting!

just starting my build and one thing that bothered me was the fact that our cars do not have an oil guage.i for one have had oil pressure problems in the past from blockage and lost pressure,believe me not a good thing for the engine.i looked on the forum using search but there is nothing about the sandwich plate so i started calling various vendors.one vendor who i will not mention the name told me all the universal parts should fit.when i asked will they fit a ford fiesta st he said he did not know.how can you sell parts if you do not know what cars the part will fit.do not use these vendors you are only asking for trouble! i called edge autosport and the gentleman on the line was very helpful.he said let me call the vendors who make this part and we will see if it fits the ford fiesta st.there is only one vendor whose part will fit our cars and EDGE has the part in stock.that is what i call a top notch company!!![clap]
Glad we were able to get you taken care of! We are happy to help however we can!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
So I could use this sandwich plate to make my own oil cooler, right? I could probably make one for $120 compared to mishimotos $500 kit

OP
TURBO BLACK
Thread Starter #13
just put one on this morning and it fits just fine with a motorcraft oil filter.has about 2 inches to spare for room.i would use the motorcraft filter as an example of how tall a filter you can use.i had a mobil 1 filter and it was taller then the motorcraft.

Siestarider

This thread seems a good place to ask my question. Preface, I am assembling parts for a cheapie oil cooler. Bought a Hayden thermostatic adapter plate to replace the OEM oil cooler and give me a place to obtain direct oil pressure and temp.

Going over my concept plan and parts, I just realized the "Engine Oil Filter Insert", Ford-parts-speak for the tube that holds oil cooler in place on engine and provides threaded nipple for oil filter, is not resembling the sandwich plate adapter tube in my Hayden kit.

Anyone know size and threads the Engine Oil Filter Insert? Since I cannot use either the OEM or Hayden tube, have to find something else that will work. Thanks.