Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is your favorite tire brand?

What is your favorite Fiesta ST tire brand?

• BFGoodrich

Votes: 31 9.1%
  • Bridgestone

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Yokohama

Votes: 19 5.6%
  • Michelin

Votes: 119 34.9%
  • Kumho

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Falken

• Toyo

• Goodyear

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Nitto

• General

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Firestone

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Hankook

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Uniroyal

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Sumitumo

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Hoosier

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Michelin PSS summer/wet. probably best combo i've had on street. able to pull 0.8G in the wet and over 1G easily in dry.

blizzaks snow only.

compromise may be conti DWS

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My tire choices are based on what I need them to do first and foremost then on personal experience and or expert experience, budget and finally which is picked last. I never buy cheap tires, most of mine are in the mid to upper mid and sometimes quite costly tires.

At your altitude and the weather summer only tires are not a good idea for all year use.

Three season tires like the Mich PS3 A/S are pretty amazing in three seasons but not great in the snow but if you know how to drive you will be fine, most of the time.....

If you want more 4 season then the Conti DWS is great but far less summer performance than the Mich.

A set of the PS3 A/S and a set of more aggressive winter tires would be a good combo if you deal with much snow.

Or a set of summer only tires if you autocross, all out back roads and I mean really all out, something very agressive but they do not last long and then some Conti DWS for the rest of the year would work.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I use Toyo 888s for my track tires they stick very good and hold up well.

I just put on a second set of OE Bridgestones for daily driving.
I got over 20K on the first set and they work well in the canyons too.

Dave

Michelin pro sport or continental sport contact summer spring autumn

Continental winter contact: winter (duh)

Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08*: track

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I use Toyo 888s for my track tires they stick very good and hold up well.

I just put on a second set of OE BFGs for daily driving.
I got over 20K on the first set and they work well in the canyons too.

Dave
The BFG comp 2? If so ive read they make alot of noise is that true? Im shopping for summer tires and those are on top of my list.

I've had the Comp 2s for 5k+ miles. They are just a bit noisier, but not too bad. They grip pretty well and should last a lot longer than the stockers.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Sofar i like my comp2 tires. They grip very good even in sub 40 degree temps. They wirl a bit from 30-40mph but nothing that irritates me. Hoping the noise doesnt get worse down the road.

I don't have a favorite brand. I go with whatever the purpose I am looking for with weeks of research behind my decision as well as price. I find the super high priced tires compared to the rest of what is available aren't always the best tires. There are always much cheaper tires that are equally as good at everything I am looking for and I haven't been disappointed using his formula yet.

If there was one brand that I have gone with many times, it would be Falcon. I was partially disappointed once because I had a model of Falcons on one car that were great so I bought them for my next car and they weren't nearly as good. I did find recently that the ZE-950 for an all-season is flawless in everything it does. Quiet, responsive, predictable, great dry, wet, and snow traction. I have had a few people buy them for their cars and they all say the same thing.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
There is no one best tire brand when you look at all different needs and budgets.

One thing for certain, really cheap tires are not worth buying, better to buy good used quality ones if you have to fit a budget.

Sometimes the cheaper brand, not cheap brand, lower cost, it the better way to go, sometimes the other way around.

I only voted for Pirelli because Maxxis was not listed. The Maurader II series was the best tire I ever used on a vehicle. Mind you, it was not on a FiST, but a Ranger Edge. I have used the full gamut of tires on the Rangers I have owned since 1986; from GY Eagle GT II, Roadhuggers, Firestone, BFGoodrich, Michelin, etc. It's too bad the Marauder II's are for trucks and SUV.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Love my BFG sport comp 2 for street. They stick really well on dry and have very good hydroplaning resistance in rain. My only complaint... Noisy 30-40mph.

I will be trying their new sport comp 2 all season tire this winter which i hear is comparable to Conti DWS.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Dunlap Direzza ZII's

I'd have to say for this car the Dunlap Direzza ZII's (star spec and not) seem to work best on my car. For a wear rating of 180 (on my old 215/40-17 ZII's) they lasted 23,000 miles and are very impressive when it comes to acceleration traction and verticle "stick". They also do much better in rain than I would have initially thought. The overall tire design (sidewall and tread) looks great too. My only two complaints would be tire noise on the highway and when they get to about 25% tread left they tend to have bubble issues (not the sidewall, but in the actual tread area). I will continue to buy these in this size as long as they are available, even at $156.00 each. They are worth it. [like]

I have bridgstones fitted on my St2 and find find them very good in both wet and dry conditions I do think budget and premium tyres are getting closer in quality with Asia tyre fatorys investing in latest tech

C. love

Falken Nt-05's are my favorite tire. They stick well, last long, and are great until you see cords. but no sizes for my fiesta

i want some 215/40 on my FIST but the two choices are Falken RT-615 or Federal RS-R. Any one have experience with the RS-R? I ran 1 set once experience wasn't super pleasant but wasn't bad either that was also 6 years ago anyone have any more recent input?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Falken Nt-05's are my favorite tire. They stick well, last long, and are great until you see cords. but no sizes for my fiesta

i want some 215/40 on my FIST but the two choices are Falken RT-615 or Federal RS-R. Any one have experience with the RS-R? I ran 1 set once experience wasn't super pleasant but wasn't bad either that was also 6 years ago anyone have any more recent input?
I have a set of the Federals on my stock rims for track days. They are amazing tires for the price, but suck if you daily the car. They are extremely loud, try to follow every groove in the road and last about 15k miles. Don't even try to drive them in the rain (they hydro plane very easy) . For the price you cannot go wrong with the Federal 595RSR's and the 2154017 looks great on the stock rim.
I'm currently trying the Falken azenis 615k's and I can't say I'm a fan. They are as loud as the Federals with nowhere near the same amount of grip. They are just a tire with a pretty tread pattern IMO. (stupid trendy drift tires lol)

When the Falkens wear out I will probably pull the Federal's off my stock rims and mount them on my Sparco rims. As I have a car that is extremely loud in the first place and I used to DD my mustangs on drag radials. I'm a little more willing to compromise then most though lol

C. love

I have a set of the Federals on my stock rims for track days. They are amazing tires for the price, but suck if you daily the car. They are extremely loud, try to follow every groove in the road and last about 15k miles. Don't even try to drive them in the rain (they hydro plane very easy) . For the price you cannot go wrong with the Federal 595RSR's and the 2154017 looks great on the stock rim.
I'm currently trying the Falken azenis 615k's and I can't say I'm a fan. They are as loud as the Federals with nowhere near the same amount of grip. They are just a tire with a pretty tread pattern IMO. (stupid trendy drift tires lol)

When the Falkens wear out I will probably pull the Federal's off my stock rims and mount them on my Sparco rims. As I have a car that is extremely loud in the first place and I used to DD my mustangs on drag radials. I'm a little more willing to compromise then most though lol
Hey I like trendy drift stuff!! Well that's good to know about the RT VS RSR. At like 87 a tire for the RS-R they are worth a shot, I will give them a go again. My Fiesta is my daily but in the summer i have no problems with some compromise as it relates to wear and noise. I have P zero nero's right now and they are pretty bad at following grooves so maybe that has me seasoned enough i wont notice what the RS-R's do.