Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"Creaking" Clutch Pedal

Hi All,

My '16 just crossed over 1000 miles. My clutch pedal has been "creaking," for lack of a better term, when letting it out. At first, I could just feel it. Today, it's making an audible creaking noise, perhaps because it was quite hot today? Has anyone else experienced this? Might it just be a lack of lubrication? I will likely bring it into the dealer to have them look at it, but I thought I'd check here first. Thanks!

I have this when the I leave the car in direct sunlight for a few hours and the inside of the car gets really hot. Otherwise there is no creak.

haste

1000 Post Club
Mine did this for a little while and I haven't heard it since. I wouldn't bother letting the dealership look at it if the clutch pedal feel is good and is engaging/disengaging normally.

My '16 has been doing it since I got it a month ago, 1500 miles now and no difference and it seems to do it all the time.

Well, all the time when I first get in it and the interior is hot. After I've been driving a few minutes and the interior is cooled down, I don't notice it anymore. I'll listen closer for it tomorrow, but most have said it does it worse in hot weather.

My '14 did this last summer season when the interior of the car was super hot. But I haven't noticed it happening anymore / recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Someone actually has a fix for it. You add grease to the clutch pedal. Apparently there wasnt enough grease or lube put on in production

Mine creaks (and also clicks a bit). I am considering greasing the assembly... anyone have a reference thread?

me32

1000 Post Club
Are you referring to Joe Schmoe's link? I don't see anything else. His thread has just two posts. Is there a more descriptive thread?
Yeah clink on the link and ask the questions you would like to know. Seems like he found a fix for the squeak

I used silicone spray on the many pivot points, and used spray lithium grease all over the spring and it's bucket area. Hitting the spring bucket with silicone seemed to make it worse. It was the lithium spray that did the trick there. The fix is straightforward, really, so it doesn't require a lot of description. Just stick your head under there and depress the pedal to see how it works and where to go. The hardest part is trying to breathe after you've sprayed [8]

I found that not only did the squeak go away, pedal effort was noticeably less. So much so that for some reason my wife didn't like the change. Don't ask me why.[confused]

Here is a pic from ebay of the clutch pedal. The spring in it's bucket is under the component labelled 200. The spring is in tension when your foot is off the pedal. It relaxes as you depress the pedal, helping reduce pedal effort. Don't forgo doing all of the pivot points. There are a few IIRC - the pedal pivot, the bucket's pivot, one more IIRC. And spray in the bucket.

Hi All,

My '16 just crossed over 1000 miles. My clutch pedal has been "creaking," for lack of a better term, when letting it out. At first, I could just feel it. Today, it's making an audible creaking noise, perhaps because it was quite hot today? Has anyone else experienced this? Might it just be a lack of lubrication? I will likely bring it into the dealer to have them look at it, but I thought I'd check here first. Thanks!
Mine was doing that too but only on hot days, my car is a 2014 with about 50,000km.
The dealer ended up replacing the clutch pedal assembly, they too tried lubricating but couldn't get it to stop squeaking it was replaced under the warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used silicone spray on the many pivot points, and used spray lithium grease all over the spring and it's bucket area. Hitting the spring bucket with silicone seemed to make it worse. It was the lithium spray that did the trick there. The fix is straightforward, really, so it doesn't require a lot of description. Just stick your head under there and depress the pedal to see how it works and where to go. The hardest part is trying to breathe after you've sprayed [8]

I found that not only did the squeak go away, pedal effort was noticeably less. So much so that for some reason my wife didn't like the change. Don't ask me why.[confused]

Here is a pic from ebay of the clutch pedal. The spring in it's bucket is under the component labelled 200. The spring is in tension when your foot is off the pedal. It relaxes as you depress the pedal, helping reduce pedal effort. Don't forgo doing all of the pivot points. There are a few IIRC - the pedal pivot, the bucket's pivot, one more IIRC. And spray in the bucket.

Cheers. I will get some lithium spray and try soon.

Correction: the bucket is NOT under the number 200 - it's the protrusion with the pivot at the bottom of the assembly in the picture. Sorry, it's been awhile.