Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Resonator delete vs. Cat back

grnmachine02

I know there are a million threads already on the resonator delete, so I apologize for adding to the pile. I've watched the videos and heard the sound clips of the resonator deletes, but I was hoping maybe someone one who has done both could answer my question. Is there much of a difference between deleting the resonator and buying a cat back? I'm speaking strictly from the sound department, not performance. Seemed to me that the cars without resonators seemed to sound a bit more raspy/tinny? I have started saving for a cat back, but if deleting the resonator gets me the same effect, then I'd rather put that money towards something else. Thanks.

Just got my resonator cut out the other day. It's an improvement on sound, but not much louder than stock. The sound symposer is still louder than the exhaust. If you want louder than that, you'll have to get a muffler delete or cat back.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Based on the sound clips--resonator deletes sound like crap. The cat-backs sound much more refined.

FYI I just purchased a Mountune Catback.

OP
G

grnmachine02

Thread Starter #4
Just got my resonator cut out the other day. It's an improvement on sound, but not much louder than stock. The sound symposer is still louder than the exhaust. If you want louder than that, you'll have to get a muffler delete or cat back.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Based on the sound clips--resonator deletes sound like crap. The cat-backs sound much more refined.

FYI I just purchased a Mountune Catback.
I'm not looking for obnoxious loud (that's what the hopefully soon to be finished 2jz transplant project is for) but what I don't want is rasp, and drone. Looks like I should just save my pennies. Thanks guys.