Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Second FiST - 2016 Fiesta ST

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Some of you might remember me from way back.

I had a 2014 Fiesta ST, I have a build thread here about that one: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2177-2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-project

I returned that last month and ended up picking up another Fiesta, a 2016 Fiesta ST as I couldn't really find anything else in the same price range that has the same price/performance ratio. I still have my Evo 10 GSR for track use.

Here is the 2016:

Unfortunately I found out the hard way COBB pulled Accesstuner so I can't do any tuning yet, however I swapped my accessport to the 2016 today and did a bunch of datalogging and testing that perhaps will be interesting to some people.

The car is 100% stock. All the datalogs where done on the exact same stretch of street, the exact same day and the ambient temp was approx 78F for all the datalogs. Before people freak out that I am running E25 on a stock car and even Cobb stage maps, I advise you to look through the thread above. I know what I am doing, I am logging and I have almost a decade of experience running ethanol and almost 20 years experience tuning cars. ;)

Stock tune with 91 oct VS. stock with E25 (putting 2.5 gallons of E85 in the car):

For some reason this 2016 doesn't like 91 oct much, it baselined lower than my 2014 did on normal 91 oct. Good thing ethanol exists because it perked right up putting 2.5 gallons in!

Stock tune with E25 VS. Cobb Stage2 91 oct map:

This was interesting to me as I gained basically nothing with the Cobb Stage 2 map.

Cobb Stage2 91 oct map with 91 oct VS. Cobb Stage 2 91 oct map with E25:

Cobb Stage2 91 oct map with E25 VS. Cobb Stage 3 91 oct map with E25:

And finally...

Stock tune with 91 oct VS. Cobb Stage 3 93 oct map with E25:

I can throw up the datalogs on Datazap if people are interested! The ONLY log that had knock was the Stage 3 93oct with E25 but only 1 count up top.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Welcome back! Looking forward to your new build. Hopefully you'll post some more insightful threads/posts/knowledge you'd like to share. Always appreciated those kinds of posts from you.

so you picked up some gains even on the stock tune on e25, that's impressive. I've had my ST since April 2016. Haven't even tried to run any mixture of ethanol. I'm on a stratified stage 1 tune wonder if I could see any gains from adding a little e85.

Welcome back. Very interesting results, thanks for posting and I look forward to your future contributions. [twothumb]

haste

1000 Post Club
I like the FiST in white. Too bad my wife hates white cars...

Welcome back, razorlab.

Excited to see you return and see what becomes of this car for you. got my '16 a month ago, love it and cannot wait to be able to afford to modify it. Welcome back, and look forward to your posts...if they're half as informative as the last thread (which my buddy linked me to last week and I spent a day reading through), we are in for a treat.

What are your plans for this bad boy?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Very thorough and interesting results with the dyno pulls. I find it interesting that there was a gain on the stock map after putting some ethanol fuel in there.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I just noticed my drivers door isn't aligned to the rear door. The top needs to come out from the car a bit. Friday car? :p

Anybody done this on the Fiesta yet? I'm assuming it's just loosening the bolts and shifting it around like most doors.

I won't take it to the dealer for something like this if I don't have to.

pwnall1337

Vendor
bro a lot of people are coming back. On my 3rd fiesta st that I just bought 14 days ago. Now hook me up with one of those ethanol content kits you used to make :)

I won't take it to the dealer for something like this if I don't have to.
You and me both buddy. On mine, the hose that feeds the front washer nozzle got caught in the hinge and wouldn't spray as it was pinched. I diagnosed it, repositioned it, and went about my way. Salesman called me last week asking how I was enjoying the car and everything, asked if I had any problems. Told him about it and he told me to bring it in so they could fix me up...asked him why would I drive 50 miles each way to have them fix something that I already fixed? He was kind of dumbfounded....

My experience is a lot of dealers, especially the service departments, as a general statement, aren't much more knowledgeable that the average car enthusiast. They just have access to better equipment and tools. Why have someone fix something that you can fix yourself, no matter how simple?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Hey razor! Welcome back. I have also bought another one lol. No stage 1 e25?