Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I need to know this before I buy this car.

Hi, I'm really interested in buying a fiesta st soon but I need some opinions about its torque steer. Is the torque steer crazy on this car and will it make it quite annoying to drive all the time? I appreciate your opinions. Thank You!!.

no the torque steer is not crazy and not annoying to drive all the time, unless all you plan to do is launch the car at every red light.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'm at around 250hp and 335pft (flywheel) and no torque steer. I had a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 and it torque steered pretty bad. This car has no torque steer issues even with significant power increases.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm at around 250hp and 335pft (flywheel) and no torque steer. I had a 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 and it torque steered pretty bad. This car has no torque steer issues even with significant power increases.
Even when some throw almost 500 fwhp at them with full-on GT290R kits with all of the ancillaries/'trimmings'?? [crazyeye] [dunno]

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Even when some throw almost 500 fwhp at them with full-on GT290R kits with all of the ancillaries/'trimmings'?? [crazyeye] [dunno]
I'd advise you to research what a GT290R is capable of lb/min. It's not anywhere close to 500 whp.

haste

1000 Post Club
Torque steer is minimal and easily controlled. It DOES pull to the right in low gears under heavy acceleration...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd advise you to research what a GT290R is capable of lb/min. It's not anywhere close to 500 whp.
OK, I was just using that one because I did not know what the hottest, latest, greatest, all-out maxed set up is (I am VERY VERY new to this FWD boosted game, ask me about LSx stuff, and I know the equivalent of what you know about these 4 bangers). [;)]

Anything out there that CAN do the above power levels on stock internals? [dunno]

Zero torque steer in my '16. I was talking to my friend, who's a Honda guy with a 450+whp ITR, and he tried to convince me that the torque steer in this car is unbearable because he drove a FoST and it was bad in that car...good logic I guess? Point being, test drive one and you'll see it isn't bad at all. I did not know that the half shafts are equal length, but that would definitely help eliminate the issue.

Had mine for a month now, almost 2k on it, haven't noticed any and I have't exactly been super easy on the car so far.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
OK, I was just using that one because I did not know what the hottest, latest, greatest, all-out maxed set up is (I am VERY VERY new to this FWD boosted game, ask me about LSx stuff, and I know the equivalent of what you know about these 4 bangers). [;)]

Anything out there that CAN do the above power levels on stock internals? [dunno]
Nope. You're not getting 500whp on stock internals.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

Hi, I'm really interested in buying a fiesta st soon but I need some opinions about its torque steer. Is the torque steer crazy on this car and will it make it quite annoying to drive all the time? I appreciate your opinions. Thank You!!.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but have you test drove it yet? Go test drive it and see if it's okay to YOU. It is there, but it is minimal. On a scale from GTI to Mazdaspeed 3, it is much closer to the GTI at zero.

thats weird. I have the opposite opinion. my stock 2016 has torque steer. Under full throttle in first and second I feel it a good amount. Its not annoying, but its definitely there. I cannot let go of the wheel at all under full throttle without the car going one way or another.

I still believe my response is the most honest and accurate, :). To add to it, its specifically a right pull under hard acceleration. It is minimal compared to oh lets say FoST for the sake of consistency, but it is there if you choose to drive this car like a full time drag racer. It's more like resistance than a fight, so its not annoyingly impossible to drive. (I actually never drove a car with torque steer bad enough that its a fight every day.... I also drive with two hands and can lift a reasonable amount of weights like an average guy. IDK about others.

Theres torque for the people who have never experienced torque steer. Theres little to no feeling of torque steer to those of us used to much more. I don't even feel it after having the BT MS3 for the past 4 years, that thing would rip the wheel out of your hands.. But someone coming from a base Fiesta would probably feel like the st is a lot. Why don't you just test it yourself...?

It is a front wheel drive car. And because of that there are traction limits. If you turn and mash the throttle at the same time you can tell that you're asking the front tires to do way more than they are capable of. To someone who feels that rear wheel drive is the only way to go the Fist may seem a bit limited.

Waterfan

Let me take this a slightly different direction: Even if the FiST is has the worst torque steer in the world (it absolutely doesn't), it is so ridiculously fun and affordable that you won't care in the slightest.

And like several others have said. Go test drive one (or three) and decide for yourself if it is right for you or not.