Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fog light: Baja designs sports and pros. Anyone?

They appear to be the best of the best with the price tag to match.. Direct replacement. Anyone try them?

Sports: 1800 lumens
Pro: 4300 lumens

Cool features is the ability to change lenses.

I was looking at the spot lense. Has anyone had any experience with a spot lense? For instance would a Sport spot lense put more light down the road than a 55 watt hid kit put into the stock housing.

Thanks

Don't know the answer to your hid question but Usually the spot lenses are mounted Pretty high on a truck( roof rack). Not sure how much help it a spot pattern will be mounted that low. I think the driving or the cornering patterns will be perfect for those twisty roads mountain roads at night. I'll prob look into getting some myself.

Anybody pull the trigger on these? I'm interested in getting some of the Pros with the driving light pattern. They're a little spendy though so I thought I'd see if anyone has tried them out.

I'm dissapointed with the stock headlights. Had to turn them off and back on while driving tonight because I wanted to make sure they were actually on.

grnmachine02

Anybody pull the trigger on these? I'm interested in getting some of the Pros with the driving light pattern. They're a little spendy though so I thought I'd see if anyone has tried them out.

I'm dissapointed with the stock headlights. Had to turn them off and back on while driving tonight because I wanted to make sure they were actually on.
I agree. I would have gladly spent another 500-1k dollars on the car for Ford to include some decent headlights.

I have a pair of squadrons and a stealth bar on my truck. Baja Designs is SUPER Quality Stuff. You can't go wrong, but you'll pay for it.
The Squadrons are BRIGHT!!! I believe I have the 3600 lumen model. That would be too bright to use with your headlights.

I didn't know these existed. I'm might have to get set.

My idea would be to use them as supplements to my brights on dark backroads so I can watch out for deer and have better cornering visibility since the headlights have a very narrow beam. Would the Pro's (4300 lumens) totally outshine my brights?

damn. that looks real damn nice. might run these with oem headlights just to... ... easier more lights? lol

My idea would be to use them as supplements to my brights on dark backroads so I can watch out for deer and have better cornering visibility since the headlights have a very narrow beam. Would the Pro's (4300 lumens) totally outshine my brights?

I must have an older model (3600 lumen). I have mine wired exactly like that, they go on with my high beams. The 4300 would totally outshine you high beams. I would choose a split lenses. Something like Driving/Side, for distance and side illumination.

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
I went with a Kensun 55w hid for the fogs. It looks powerful but the lenses limit it as it should. Baja designs will be superior because of the lenses you can change.

I also bought a rough country 20" led lightbar (black series) and mounted it to the crash bar behind the grill. I will go with the Baja once the hid's burn out. Just throwing out other ideas on the cheap.

Bluedrank

I got the luxeon led fog lights from ModBargains and I'm pretty happy with them. I've found that they are better for cornering visibility than they are for straight down the road visibility.

Personally, if I could do it again I'd probably try swapping some decent 55w halogens into the fog light location and seeing if I could slightly adjust them upwards for more straight line visibility. That would likely save at least $100 off the luxeons that I bought. But overall I'm happy with the purchase. I'm not sure I'd be happy with myself if I had spent 400+ on upgrading the fog lights though, that's a huge cost imo.

TheStig

I have a pair of squadrons and a stealth bar on my truck. Baja Designs is SUPER Quality Stuff. You can't go wrong, but you'll pay for it.
The Squadrons are BRIGHT!!! I believe I have the 3600 lumen model. That would be too bright to use with your headlights.

I didn't know these existed. I'm might have to get set.
Totally different arena but I used to use 2 Baja Designs Soltek Lapaz 8" HID race lights on my quad back before light bars became the latest and greatest. The light output was INSANE, roughly one mile line of sight.

Baja Designs makes awesome products and backs them 110%. When it comes to offroad lights and light bars, them and Rigid are your best bet.