Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lower Grill

Hello everyone! I'm considering removing the black plastic grill in front of the intercooler. Just wondering who else has done this and if they have experienced any extra debris hitting the FMIC as a result. Thanks for any and all input! [thumb]

I've had no issues with mine off, some smallish rocks hit but I just pull them out and straighten the fins. NBD

I didn't notice that much of a difference, but I added some mesh to mine to protect against the big stuff for my upgraded intercooler.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I run without the black trim in the summer and install it back again for the winter. I can say, there is way more damage come spring time from dents and smashed fins than in the summer. Of course, Michigan roads in the winter are terrible with broken pieces of road, rock salt, sand, chunks of ice, and small stones. I am thinking of getting a different intercooler just for summer and use the existing one for winter.

Tow hook

I didn't notice that much of a difference, but I added some mesh to mine to protect against the big stuff for my upgraded intercooler.

Hey I dig your style! How did you install the tow hook? Is there a threaded spot behind the bumper? Thanks for the inspiration!

Mods in my position to be installed after theft inspection and bus inspection......

Mbrp 3" 304ss exhaust
Mishimoto cold air intake
Turbosmart shorty bov
Mishimoto oil separator
Wing riser
Diablo I2 tuner

And to add to the conversation I just picked up a black painted mesh grill for the lower grill....i have a salvaged 2015 ST n needed a new bumper, I have the honeycomb st upper grill which is easy to find but the original lower I can't find. So I found this grill cover for the lower but it has mounting brackets so it's just supposed to cover the original lower grill. So I have a brand new painted bumper on it's way and have to figure out how to mount this thing. After spending almost 6 bills for the new bumper cover I'm super hesitant to drill n cut holes in it. I want a clean look. Hence why I want to relocate my front plate, so please lmk how you mounted the tow hook. Thanks guys!

Hey I dig your style! How did you install the tow hook? Is there a threaded spot behind the bumper? Thanks for the inspiration!

Mods in my position to be installed after theft inspection and bus inspection......

Mbrp 3" 304ss exhaust
Mishimoto cold air intake
Turbosmart shorty bov
Mishimoto oil separator
Wing riser
Diablo I2 tuner

And to add to the conversation I just picked up a black painted mesh grill for the lower grill....i have a salvaged 2015 ST n needed a new bumper, I have the honeycomb st upper grill which is easy to find but the original lower I can't find. So I found this grill cover for the lower but it has mounting brackets so it's just supposed to cover the original lower grill. So I have a brand new painted bumper on it's way and have to figure out how to mount this thing. After spending almost 6 bills for the new bumper cover I'm super hesitant to drill n cut holes in it. I want a clean look. Hence why I want to relocate my front plate, so please lmk how you mounted the tow hook. Thanks guys!
The tow hook is the kit from Pierce motorsports http://www.piercemotorsport.com/2014-2017-fiesta-st-front-tow-hook-kit/ its just a bracket that slips over the crash bar and you drill a hole in the crash bar for the hook. It's a pretty easy install you just need a drill extension to get the bit long enough to reach the back of the crash bar, the back is a little thicker than the front. I also used it to relocate my front plate. I believe thread wise its the same as an 06 miata tow hook, so any of those relocate kits should work.