Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB GROUP BUY: 949Racing 6UL Wheels in 15x8 +36 4x108

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I have organized a combined effort with 949Racing to start a group buy for a custom run of 949Racing 6UL wheels for our Fiestas in a 4x108 bolt pattern in 15x8, +36 offset. If at all possible, they will also be hubcentric. Based on the voting thread, they will be Beryllium in color. Tungsten is a possibility also depending on 949s response. Weight will be ~12 lbs per wheel.

We will need to have 25 buyers, or 100 wheels worth of committed buyers at minimum to have these made. Anything extra only helps. They will all be the same color and size.

Once deposit is placed, order is non-refundable and 949Racing requires a 120 day lead time from submission to shipping (roughly). These are a special batch of wheels made strictly for this group buy.

Estimated price is ~$200 per wheel plus shipping costs.

Pictures of the wheels:

6UL's on a Fiesta (15x8 +36, Tungsten) Credit to [MENTION=4006]WhiteST[/MENTION]

The Beryllium

List of participants
1. [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION] (5 wheels)
2. [MENTION=5084]Seijou[/MENTION] (maybe)
3. [MENTION=3321]GAbOS[/MENTION] (5 wheels)
4. [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] (5 wheels)
5. [MENTION=4398]MS67[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=2513]rexdriver85[/MENTION] (maybe)
7. [MENTION=4717]Cerberus[/MENTION] (maybe)
8. [MENTION=3126]eleven[/MENTION] (maybe)
9. [MENTION=3180]TempeST[/MENTION] (4 or 8 wheels)
10. [MENTION=5030]Corrosion[/MENTION]
11. [MENTION=3058]WhiteFords[/MENTION]
12. [MENTION=3110]BronxBomber[/MENTION]
13. [MENTION=2641]PhoenixM3[/MENTION]
14. [MENTION=4816]SQFiST[/MENTION]

Total commitment: 58/100 wheels

TempeST

YES!! Beryllium!!! I Really hope Beryllium will go through. I want it!! lol But cool. once we get 100 wheels we will be good. Been thinking about picking up a few more but not 100% sure. I'll keep an eye on this to see where it goes.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I wouldn't mind picking up a second set and selling them down the road. Since these would be a one time run, they would hold their value really well and then some.

I was toying with the plan of buying 5 wheels to have a spare around just due to lead time and rarity!

I have to join the bay area Facebook group and spread the word, anyone else active on other forums that can point people to this thread? With some work we could close this out in less than a month.

GAbOS

I have posted this on R3vlimited e30 page since a lot of the guys there tend to run old cars when 4x108 was more popular.

TempeST

maybe some older focus guys would like to get in on this as well? I don't know any of them but perhaps someone does.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I really hope to see this work out as they are the very best option you are going to find at a reasonable price.

NOTE: I highly recommend buying one or two spares for any custom order, close out, hard to get wheels, I have most always done so.

If you make it one of the number of buyers needed then members can add one or two wheels to the list to help it grow, might even have to use up two of the spots, cool! I know if I was going to order I would want 10 wheels.

Flow formed which is the same as roll formed, etc, super strong yet a bit of give if hit hard sometimes better for a street car than generally more brittle than much costlier forged wheels.

AND, there is a BBK or two in the works to fit under these wheels and it will work for 4x100 and 4x108.

I have the Charcoal 15x8, 4x100, 205/50/15 NeoGen for my all season(really 3 season) and highly recommend that combination of wheel size and tire size as they are a wide 205 and fit really well on the wheel and are the best 3 season tires you can get that will fit.

I prefer Charcoal but the Beryllium will certainly go with any color car and are a bit more visually interesting than the darker color.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I totally forgot about a spare. I would be in to order 5 wheels. If anyone else is too, let me know.

TempeST

I'm still trying to decide whether 6 or 8... I'd like to have another set for just track days. But not totally sure I would need them. what I will do; if we get close and need another set to make it finally go through. I will purchase two sets how's that sound? as of now just 4. until I get my mod fund back up. lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Great, I hope this does go through for many reasons and one is Emilo, owner of 949Racing is a great guy and was the pioneer in developing and supplying super low weight quality low cost wheels for the Miata and the newest version is the best one yet. Bigger company or companies have stepped in. They used his original design goals and in at least one case copy writed material and developed wheels to take a piece of the market he created. Being bigger in volume means they can offer a bit lower price but I would not hold my breath thinking they would do a 100 wheel batch for the 4x108 pattern, I am surprised it is even a viable option for him, you are damn lucky he can do this;)

koozy

3000 Post Club
do we know if the current Big Brake options like Stoptech, Wilwood, Rotora, AP, etc. will fit with these wheels?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
There are no current BBK's that will fit, I have a DIY setup that does but it took a lot of effort and was a bit costly to sort it out. I gave the info to one of the BBK companies and they looked it over and decided to make a kit with a different caliper for more clearance, should start working on it in September but not sure when it will come out. Another BBK company is looking into making a kit as well so the chance one will be available is pretty good.

Please officially put me down for 5. We almost make a full extra set!

Got a post up on the norcal st/rs Facebook group to try and find some more interested people.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
No problem. The 6UL is only available in charcoal, which is a flat black. The Beryllium would be the closest thing to that because of the gloss finish.

I wonder what it would cost to have them all made with no finish at all. Giving us the chance to do exactly what we want color-wise (paint/dip/powdercoat).