Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

tips for buying used FiST

Hey all,

Excited to possibly buy a used FiST here fairly soon. Luckily 14's have come down in price to my budget. Ideally looking at FiST's in the 17.5k range OTD! .. Surprisingly there are a few for that price w/ Recaro's within about 100mi of me. Big question: What are the chances I can get a dealer to go 17.5k OTD if they are listing it for around that price? I have mostly purchased private party, so it has a been a while since a dealer purchase. I'm sure they will pull the 'this car is rare and will go fast' card so not sure how to proceed.

Thanks!

In some other states you can get a new ST for about 20k out the door. Yes it is over budget but with money saved on zero interest financing it's very close to 17.5k and an interest bearing loan.

My example from last year. I wanted Orange with Orange recaros. There was a used on at a dealer(a friend worked for) and I got a rock bottom price 20k used 15 st with 3k miles. Otd it would have been 22 plus financing of 3.9% or more on a used car.
I ended up paying 1k more otd for a new no option one but I'm saving maybe 2k over the course of the loan with 6 years 0% financing.

Now with financing is better this summer with 0% and 1k cash back.
I financed 20k and zero percent which is just over 270 a month free money.

To answer your question if they try to raise the price on the used st say that you'll buy a new one for a few thousand more and zero percent. Should keep them quiet.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
In some other states you can get a new ST for about 20k out the door. Yes it is over budget but with money saved on zero interest financing it's very close to 17.5k and an interest bearing loan.

My example from last year. I wanted Orange with Orange recaros. There was a used on at a dealer(a friend worked for) and I got a rock bottom price 20k used 15 st with 3k miles. Otd it would have been 22 plus financing of 3.9% or more on a used car.
I ended up paying 1k more otd for a new no option one but I'm saving maybe 2k over the course of the loan with 6 years 0% financing.

Now with financing is better this summer with 0% and 1k cash back.
I financed 20k and zero percent which is just over 270 a month free money.

To answer your question if they try to raise the price on the used st say that you'll buy a new one for a few thousand more and zero percent. Should keep them quiet.
Ohh good point! There are def some incentives on new ones around me, ask me how I know lol.. I will use this as best I can.

When you say 17.5 is max do you have a loan in hand plus cash down that adds up to 17.5? I just did the math a 17.5 4% loan will cost the same as a 20k 0% loan. Just something to consider.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
When you say 17.5 is max do you have a loan in hand plus cash down that adds up to 17.5? I just did the math a 17.5 4% loan will cost the same as a 20k 0% loan. Just something to consider.
Well for one thing I do not want the car without Recaros. Which is at least 22k after incentives and not OTD.

My only choice is to purchased used to get Recaros. But yes, I will probably finance 2/3 through credit union and show up with that amount readily available.