Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Auxillary Fueling Information and Discussion Thread

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
On my car, I think we've decided on a Walbro 450 and Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors on port. I don't plan on going full E85, though. I don't think there will be a need for it other than making filling up simple.
Your car is on 100% different level vs..... anyone. Lol.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
For my car I'll prolly just go meth. Hybrids in general don't need this imo. Meth will get me maxed out on a hybrid.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
On my car, I think we've decided on a Walbro 450 and Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors on port. I don't plan on going full E85, though. I don't think there will be a need for it other than making filling up simple.
Do you have any More info on your port set up in the making? Port injection is my next big project after my forged motor goes in.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Do you have any More info on your port set up in the making? Port injection is my next big project after my forged motor goes in.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I'm waiting on Stratified just like everyone else lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brura22

Is the new strat spacer going to have 1/8 npt ports for meth and what not.
Like the Boomba? Or will it just feature fuel injector ports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll leave this here from my build thread:
I'm seriously considering this for my dhm kit. Thing is, I only have access to 91. I'm already running meth, so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. Though my meth kit is not that reliable and I imagine the port injection would. What do you think?

I'm seriously considering this for my dhm kit. Thing is, I only have access to 91. I'm already running meth, so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. Though my meth kit is not that reliable and I imagine the port injection would. What do you think?
My intentions are to run this with 91 octane & methanol.

What meth kit are you running and what hasn't been reliable about it?

I have the aem v2 kit. I've lost two pumps and one controller. The controller got stuck and wouldn't turn off. Killed it pretty quick. Now I have a flow meter as well.

antarctica24

Im curious, this is a very informative thread. But now that we have larger injectors that we can install in the factory location, are the larger injectors a better method than going after the manifold option? Is anyone tuning yet with the larger injectors instead of the manifold option?

My peron aux fuel kit isn’t working, the injectors aren’t getting power! I’ve tried so many things and still isn’t working!! I don’t know what to do

Im curious, this is a very informative thread. But now that we have larger injectors that we can install in the factory location, are the larger injectors a better method than going after the manifold option? Is anyone tuning yet with the larger injectors instead of the manifold option?
Yes the larger injectors along with a upgraded hpfp is the ideal combo so far. I've actually sold my Peron 4-port aux fuel kit just to get this kit. From what I understand it is simpler and more accurate to use the FiST ECU then the piggyback system split second controller. Does 4 port aux injection work sufficiently? Yes! Is it more significantly difficult to install and tune? Also yes!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The biggest problem is running the Bigger injectors is that it positions them further into the Cyl and generate more heat by doing so .Puma speed talks about this on their website some. You also don't get the intake fuel spray that hits the valves with the upgraded injectors and HPFP upgrade. To each their own though...go the path you ever feel is best!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
The biggest problem is running the Bigger injectors is that it positions them further into the Cyl and generate more heat by doing so .Puma speed talks about this on their website some. You also don't get the intake fuel spray that hits the valves with the upgraded injectors and HPFP upgrade. To each their own though...go the path you ever feel is best!
I spoke to Pumaspeed about this. Supposedly the injectors they use with the custom seals are not the same as the injectors sold here and they suggested the injectors sold here will pop out under load. I was also told the spray pattern is different. They all hate each other so WhoTF knows?! I want the part number so I can buy ONE and compare it to what’s in my car.

Aux was my early choice (for the reasons you mention) but the lack of additional tuning costs and stock ECU compatibility made the injectors and HPFP more attractive. I’m leaning towards aux again when I replace my turbo.

Magnetic

I'm also planning on upgrading the injectors and getting a HPFP. Has anyone done it here yet? Will it run straight flex fuel with a larger than stock turbo?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm also planning on upgrading the injectors and getting a HPFP. Has anyone done it here yet? Will it run straight flex fuel with a larger than stock turbo?
Running straight e85 will need and updated fuel pump on the lowside in the tank and an Auxiliary on top of the hpfp at the rail. Its just easier to run e50-e60.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Magnetic

Running straight e85 will need and updated fuel pump on the lowside in the tank and an Auxiliary on top of the hpfp at the rail. Its just easier to run e50-e60.

Thanks for the info! I'm trying to avoid any mixing. Do you know where I can get the lowside pump? I know Tune+ carried the uprated injectors and the XDI HPFP but havent seen any for the in tank.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the info! I'm trying to avoid any mixing. Do you know where I can get the lowside pump? I know Tune+ carried the uprated injectors and the XDI HPFP but havent seen any for the in tank.
Just to clarify you will need to run an Aux. Pump with the HPFP and the LPFP. So that is a total # of 3 pumps not just like the stock 2 pump system. You are better off Running e50-e60 and avoiding the hassle of adding and inline booster pump.

Magnetic

Just to clarify you will need to run an Aux. Pump with the HPFP and the LPFP. So that is a total # of 3 pumps not just like the stock 2 pump system. You are better off Running e50-e60 and avoiding the hassle of adding and inline booster pump.

Ahhh, I get what you're saying.

Thanks!