Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Auxillary Fueling Information and Discussion Thread

Rhinopolis

So I'm thinking that my next step in this ST build up should be to upgrade my fuel system, and I would like to be able to run a higher ethanol % than E40. Ideally I would like to run straight E85 but not run a 85% ethanol tune. I would also like to be able to run 93 octane from time to time just to clean out my fuel system every third tank or so since I don't drive the ST all that often.

I have the X37 and would very much like to see it with another 15 whp or more if it will take me there, and how do I size/plan accordingly related to fueling needs for this?

I honestly don't even know where to start on this subject, and any education is much appreciated [twothumb]

Thanks,

Ryan

TempeST

As of now, I don't think you can upgrade injectors, or fuel pump unless you take it out and mess with it's internals. you can however get an Aux fuel system and be able to run more fuel.

So I'm thinking that my next step in this ST build up should be to upgrade my fuel system, and I would like to be able to run a higher ethanol % than E40. Ideally I would like to run straight E85 but not run a 85% ethanol tune. I would also like to be able to run 93 octane from time to time just to clean out my fuel system every third tank or so since I don't drive the ST all that often.

I have the X37 and would very much like to see it with another 15 whp or more if it will take me there, and how do I size/plan accordingly related to fueling needs for this?

I honestly don't even know where to start on this subject, and any education is much appreciated [twothumb]

Thanks,

Ryan
Aux fueling for sure, you get the bonus of having your Valves cleaned as well!

Aux fueling for sure, you get the bonus of having your Valves cleaned as well!
I believe you are thinking of meth injection, which will clean up things, but just adding more fuel with aux shouldn't make a difference.

masonsturbos

I personally am waiting on a better port injection kit... The "manifold" is not a manifold, it's a plenum. Manifolds are designed to have equal fuel distribution and air flow where a plenum is just air flow... No matter what others say, a tbi system on these cars will tend to like the middle 2 cyl leaving the outer cyls leaner...but, for now tbi aux is the most common and seems ok, I just don't trust it.

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #7
Would you guys mind giving me an "auxiliary fueling for dummies" overview, and explains the pros and cons of this type system as well as how it works to give more fuel?

I would rather wait until a more solid option is available if there are any major pitfalls to auxiliary fueling. It sounds like [MENTION=1579]masonsturbos[/MENTION] has some concerns and I would like to hear what those concerns are.

Thanks

Ryan

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Would you guys mind giving me an "auxiliary fueling for dummies" overview, and explains the pros and cons of this type system as well as how it works to give more fuel?

I would rather wait until a more solid option is available if there are any major pitfalls to auxiliary fueling. It sounds like [MENTION=1579]masonsturbos[/MENTION] has some concerns and I would like to hear what those concerns are.

Thanks

Ryan
Sure, the stratified aux fuel kit is not perfect, but it's the only choice as of right now. Unless if you plan on doing a DIY kit with the boomba kit, which I have a feeling Adam is working on.

The stratified kit injects through the throttle body spacer.

Pros: more fuel, more power, cleaner valves

Cons: it doesn't distribute fuel evenly to all cylinders, this is why you need to be tuned for it.

The stratified kit is not dangerous. It works. People make big power with it (look at [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] [MENTION=2886]FearTheSnail[/MENTION] etc)
But it's not the best solution to getting more fuel

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club

Thanks

Ryan
Sure, the stratified aux fuel kit is not perfect, but it's the only choice as of right now. Unless if you plan on doing a lot with the boomba kit, which I have a feeling Adam is working on.

The stratified kit injects through the throttle body spacer.

Pros: more fuel, more power, cleaner valves

Cons: it doesn't distribute fuel evenly to all cylinders, this is why you need to be tuned for it.

The stratified kit is not dangerous. It works. People make big power with it (look at [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] [MENTION=2886]FearTheSnail[/MENTION] etc)
But it's not the best solution to getting more fuel

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The people who fear monger about the manifold popping because of pooled fuel have something to sell you or are misinformed.

I'm not going to argue this as every argument is pure speculation. Here's a fact though: 35psi revving out to 7.4-7.5krpm on race gas (MS109) and no popped manifold. If your car is tuned right, you don't have anything to worry about.

That's ALL I have to say on this topic. Until someone puts a slow motion borescope in the manifold to see the "pooling" and can measure the fuel distribution all you have is speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masonsturbos

I just think it's an inferior design and a direct port injection with angled injectors would be best. Hijinx had shown to make big power on the strat kit, I'll just wait for something better than the boomba kit...

Someone sold their boomba manifold spacer because it would not fit with the Mishimoto Radiator, which some people may want to run also. Maybe something to think about if another spacer with injection is used?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #15
[MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

Do you believe that the stratified system will work to give proper fueling on the X37?

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #16
What's the install process on the stratified system like? I looked over their website and from the pictures it doesn't appear complex, but I'm not visualizing how exactly it works.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
What's the install process on the stratified system like? I looked over their website and from the pictures it doesn't appear complex, but I'm not visualizing how exactly it works.
They're both a PITA, but there are two ways. Remove the intake manifold or use a REALLY long screw driver.

OP
Rhinopolis

Rhinopolis

Thread Starter #18
^ I appreciate you always responding, and how PITA are we talking about? Is it more or less of a PITA than the DP plus turbo install?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
^ I appreciate you always responding, and how PITA are we talking about? Is it more or less of a PITA than the DP plus turbo install?
Less time consuming, but also even less space if you choose to do with the manifold on the car. If you take the manifold off, the alternator has to to come off in order to get it off, which is the easiest way to go. The hardest part is just getting the spacer on. Follow Boombas install for it. The wiring and fuel connection is all cake. Relatively speaking if a turbo is an 8, aux fuel is a 5. Not quite a walk in the park, but not very difficult.