Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Random Sync3 issues

For a daily driver it's infuriating. It isn't the fault of the apps. Sync3 is buggy with pandora and spotify, it's buggy with ipods and iphones, it's buggy with usb drives, and it's buggy with streaming bluetooth. Other car makers are doing it better. If they're not getting the ST and don't care about performance, why put up with it?
I've never had a problem streaming BT, the apps are useless though I wouldn't touch em with a 10 foot pole.

I just use my ssd loaded with my library of .flac files. Only use bluetooth on my phone for calls. PERFECT DAILY DRIVER! I guess it helps that I hate Apple products!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Only a 60gb used for testing, but also have a 500gb ready to go. I use a sata to usb adapter. Ssd requires as much energy as a usb thumb drive. Limitations are, total file numbers, and not able to play the highest bit rate .flac.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Started the car up yesterday and the home screen said "Audio Off". As I drove I tried hitting the Sources button and nothing happened. None of the audio sources would show up. I tried going through the menus a little bit but nothing fixed the problem and I didn't want to focus too much on fiddling with Sync 3 since I was on the road. I got to my destination and turned off the car. When I went back to drive home, everything worked like normal. Weird...

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Started the car up yesterday and the home screen said "Audio Off". As I drove I tried hitting the Sources button and nothing happened. None of the audio sources would show up. I tried going through the menus a little bit but nothing fixed the problem and I didn't want to focus too much on fiddling with Sync 3 since I was on the road. I got to my destination and turned off the car. When I went back to drive home, everything worked like normal. Weird...
I have had Sync 3 not recognize my USB flash drive a few times, once defaulting to FM in the middle of a song. The first time it happened I was upset and unplugged it and plugged it back in, but generally later that same drive or on the next time i drive it it does recognize it, so I'm cultivating patience. Also sometimes a song on USB will go silent for a few seconds. Both of these things are minor annoyances but overall the system works well.