Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Check engine light on 3 week old FiST

I was driving home from work this afternoon in the middle lane of the highway. The car in front of me braked hard so I slammed the brakes on. The car swerved into another lane as there was a big piece of blown out tire in the lane. Still braking, I quickly swerved around the debris but noticed that the car came out of gear. The shifter was vibrating a little and it was initially hard to put it back in gear. I did get it back in gear and continued on to my exit. As I was exiting I noticed that the check engine light was on. It shifted fine the whole way from the exit to my apartment so when I got home, I turned the car off and back on. Check engine light was still on.

When I called the Ford dealership I purchased from, they were a little perplexed (as was I) but said they didn't have any openings until August 8th. In the meantime, the suggestion was to go to a local AutoZone and have them pull the code. It might even be something that goes away on it's own. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced anything like this or is aware of what the possible issue may be.

When I called the Ford dealership I purchased from, they were a little perplexed (as was I) but said they didn't have any openings until August 8th.
That's crazy. I would just go to another Ford dealer close-by.

check engine light or the wrench? I had the wrench come on once. (car was a month old, from something similar, not circumstance but result) and the car also went into limp mode (no boost)
the next day it was 100% normal, and has been ever since

OP
darklink
Thread Starter #6
It's definitely the engine light and not the wrench. Light is still on after an entire of no driving and then some light driving yesterday. I went to AutoZone Friday night and they tried to pull the code but it's not something they have in their system. Gonna try and stop at a different dealership on the way home and see if they can at least just pull the code.

OP
darklink
Thread Starter #7
So the CEL turns out to be because of the intake I think. I got a Bluetooth ODB2 adapter and downloaded Torque Pro. The code is P144C and after some Google searches, everything pointshould to PCV. I tightened all clamps on the intake and ensured all the hoses were connected correctly. Cleared the code so we'll see what happens.