Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where is everyone getting Direzza and for $?

I've burned through the re050's at 13,5 and after two near accidents last night on mulholland, i'm tire shopping. I've had my heart set on Direzza star specs for a while. I have callled 6 tire shops in my area and none of them have the tire or even any tires in 215/40 r 17. They're currently 650 on tire rack without installation soooo I'm assuming most people didn't buy them for that much. so my question is two-fold--where is everyone getting these and for how much--I heard rumors they're out of production and if so what is the most comparable for a street tire with the most dry traction? P zero, fallen k453, eagle f1?

I wanted to upsize to 215/40 but only the yoko adman and direzza are available and the yoko is way out of my price range at like 700+.

I recommend a set of 205/45R17 Bridgestone RE71R. Stickier that direzzas but may last less miles. Ask [MENTION=1994]localbacon[/MENTION] for review. Sold him a set but he asked even more of them than even I expected. Problem is they don't make them in the size u want. Oh and with install and tax they may be right on or over your budget. Still they'll blow ur socks off for street performance. Also now til august 21st, Firestone is offering 70 or 100 bucks back in mail on a set of 4.

OP
SloCal
Thread Starter #3
I recommend a set of 205/45R17 Bridgestone RE71R. Stickier that direzzas but may last less miles. Ask [MENTION=1994]localbacon[/MENTION] for review. Sold him a set but he asked even more of them than even I expected. Problem is they don't make them in the size u want. Oh and with install and tax they may be right on or over your budget. Still they'll blow ur socks off for street performance. Also now til august 21st, Firestone is offering 70 or 100 bucks back in mail on a set of 4.
Have not heard good things about upsizing the sidewall and it looks weird. really just want to know where everyone on the forum is getting their star specs and for how much?

OEM - Replaced them w/ 14K with about half tread.

Dunlops Star specs (215/40/17) - 12k with ~50 autox runs, 3 hours of track driving at Mid Ohio, and 1000 miles in TN at the Dragon and surrounding roads at mexican speeds. I heat cycled them out just as I corded the insides, whoooooooops!

Bridgestone RE71s (205/45/17) - Currently 3000 miles with 30 autox runs and some backroad driving. i MIGHT be able to squeeze out 4K miles, these things stick but wear like an R comp when racing. And that is with a GT2554 (165whp-> 241whp on 93) so the low end doesn't wastefully spin them.

I have yet to decide with what i will run next for a sticky tire. Due to a baby on the way in less than a week and working for a broke-ass city that will owe me close half a years wages very shortly, I plan to run a cheap all season during the fall and after-winter. Im thinking about either going back to the Direzzas in 215.40.17 or just going with a 225 on an 15x8. Hopefully in the next two months my employer will change and i dont have to worried about getting paid every other friday.

If $$$ was not factor, re71s all day long. I'm leaning towards the direzzas due to longer life; they are 80-90% as grippy as the re71s in my experience.

Have not heard good things about upsizing the sidewall and it looks weird. really just want to know where everyone on the forum is getting their star specs and for how much?
I got mine on Tirerack, shipped to a local speed shop that Im buddybuddy with for cheap install. It is going to be hard to beat TR on price.

I'll agree with [MENTION=3124]SloCal[/MENTION] about the upsizing. I don't necessarily like it either hence why I haven't gone with that option. I may have to switch to some Star Specs as I may not be with Bridgestone/Firestone that much longer so we shall see. Pricing benefits will probably push me toward Z2s as well.

Chris G

Another Star Spec TireRack.com purchaser. Couldn't find them anywhere else. They were about $650 shipped.

Being a quasi competition tire, lifespan is largely due to how it's used and maintained. It's not a tire to expect anything near 40k of useful life.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also, AFAIK, Tire Rack has an EXCLUSIVE monopoly on THIS particular model tire (Star Spec), which is WHY no one can find it anywhere else for sale, and TR can ask whatever price they want for it with no competition. [:(] [mad]

So, are you trying to buy a large quantity of them? The price is not out of line with other tires of the same type. Extreme performance summer tires are a niche market.

So, are you trying to buy a large quantity of them? The price is not out of line with other tires of the same type. Extreme performance summer tires are a niche market.
^^ this...

And fwiw, the star spec is a good tire, a little more streetable is the Yoko. And if you're not concerned with competition times, look into the Pirellis or some lesser choices. If you only got 13.5k out of the oem tires, a set of Z2SS or RE71r's will probably net you 5k or so.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not at all, and the fault lies with DUNLOP/Goodyear (for NOT selling these to other distributors/retailers), NOT with Tire Rack (for making a sweetheart exclusive deal for themselves, despite it being a "niche market" [wink]).

The Star Specs ARE generally a little more co$tly than even the other 200 tread wear rated 'extreme performance' summer only tires out there, but maybe they (Dunlop/TR) feel it is justified by their somewhat slightly longer life expectancy (over the little less costly in the same sizes when applicable Rival S/1.5s, and RE71Rs at least).

Last edited:
Dunlop only produces a set quantity of direzza ss each year. They are limited production items. The DZ102 is broadly available. And it's a very good tire too.