Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Guys I screwed up

Driving down the road and tried to downloadshift to third gear missed third gear dumped it into firstgear and the little wrench indicator came on and the car lost a lot of power turned car off and back on and all seems ok and the light is gone

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I've done it 3 or 4 times. Consider yourself lucky everything still works. First time it happened to me I got a really loud whine from the transmission. Had it replaced under warranty

pwnall1337

Vendor
I did that in my red fiesta st (before the current and green one) I went from 5th to 2nd and missed 4th lol. It's limp mode wrench, turn it off, and on and wrench should go away. Did you fully put it into 1st, or did you realize the mistake before fully engaging the clutch?

Check motor mounts. I might or might not have done the exact same thing recently and the upper passenger mount might or might not have shifted where it attaches to the car. One thing i noticed, the motor no longer hits the firewall shifting into second hard. I think the forward shift fixed my rmm issue.

If you're worried, but its under warranty take it in. Worst case scenario you'll waste your time, but its better than letting something small develop into something big.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Sorry let me rephrase. What am I checking for I would've assumed if the axles broke the car would not drive