Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Turbo Kit in the works

image.png

I found this on Instagram today and thought about you guys lol. It looks like mountune is working on a big turbo upgrade for the fist. I have a gut feeling it might be a hybrid type. What do you guys think?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
If you look on mountunes Instagram they were working on it a few months ago.. It looked like a 2554 or something similar

The fact that Mountune, an outfit that produces power products covered by factory warranty, is doing this reassures me in the 1.6's ability to sustain significant added power over stock. Not that I would expect a bt upgrade to be covered, but a company with OEM credentials has more to lose than to gain from offering a product that could pose engine failures.

Rhinopolis

The fact that Mountune, an outfit that produces power products covered by factory warranty, is doing this reassures me in the 1.6's ability to sustain significant added power over stock. Not that I would expect a bt upgrade to be covered, but a company with OEM credentials has more to lose than to gain from offering a product that could pose engine failures.
The more I learn about how stout the 1.6 ecoboost is the more confident I am about it being a great choice for a tuner platform, and also the better I feel about how I drive it and what all I have added on above stock [lovest] Boooooossssssttttttt

Original J-Pat

I'm 100% sure it won't be warrantied but that would be amazing if they can get that it would be hilarious with everyone driving around with BT upgrade right off the lot LOL

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Absolutely!

But, it also makes it that much more confusing as well, especially when one adds in the vast multitude of tuners and the MANY different programs/maps they offer.

I just wish I knew WHAT supporting mods I need to do to handle an eventual BT setup, 300 to the wheels properly (IC, cooling, pipes/BOV, exhaust, intakes, etc.), that will NOT 'hurt' the stock turbo's performance until I get to that BT 'leap' point, so that I do not have to do everything twice or more (i.e.; take off the front bumper cover, etc.). [dunno]

pwnall1337

Vendor
called mountune about the kit just cause I was curious and pretty much shut down and they didn't want to or care about telling me anything.

^^^Absolutely!

But, it also makes it that much more confusing as well, especially when one adds in the vast multitude of tuners and the MANY different programs/maps they offer.

I just wish I knew WHAT supporting mods I need to do to handle an eventual BT setup, 300 to the wheels properly (IC, cooling, pipes/BOV, exhaust, intakes, etc.), that will NOT 'hurt' the stock turbo's performance until I get to that BT 'leap' point, so that I do not have to do everything twice or more (i.e.; take off the front bumper cover, etc.). [dunno]
So I went with IC plus pipes (COBB), Injen Intake (because it was the cheapest option for a 2016) and turbo-back exhaust. So basically COBB stage 3 with Injen rather than COBB intake...exhaust isn't here yet though. I had emailed Adam from tune+ about what else to do before going to an X37 as that's my most likely choice due to price/spool/power. He told me other than what I had already listed to go with a wastegate actuator. Could be a little different for other turbos, especially big ones.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Thanks! [thumb]

Can anyone tell me if there is ANY stand alone BOV installed on an aftermarket charge pipe, which could possibly work with the stock turbo (obviously with removing the factory turbo mounted one, and blocking it off), so that I do not have to do this later anyway when going to ANY aftermarket BT setup?? [dunno]

Or, is the ONLY option for now with a factory turbo the boomba factory replacement BOV deal???

IF I want to put one of the already flanged for an aftermarket BOV charge pipes on with the stock turbo setup, are there block off plates for the flange until I go BT (IF an aftermarket BOV CANNOT EVER work with the stock turbo)?

PLEASE have patience with me as this is my very first turbo engine, and I am still learning.
I've ALWAYS had patience with the LSx newbies asking questions about those engines on all of the sites catering to those engines, even when others did not. ;)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
^^^Thanks! [thumb]

Can anyone tell me if there is ANY stand alone BOV installed on an aftermarket charge pipe, which could possibly work with the stock turbo (obviously with removing the factory turbo mounted one, and blocking it off), so that I do not have to do this later anyway when going to ANY aftermarket BT setup?? [dunno]

Or, is the ONLY option for now with a factory turbo the boomba factory replacement BOV deal???

IF I want to put one of the already flanged for an aftermarket BOV charge pipes on with the stock turbo setup, are there block off plates for the flange until I go BT (IF an aftermarket BOV CANNOT EVER work with the stock turbo)?

PLEASE have patience with me as this is my very first turbo engine, and I am still learning.
I've ALWAYS had patience with the LSx newbies asking questions about those engines on all of the sites catering to those engines, even when others did not. ;)
Two options:

A.) Unplug the BPV.

B.) IIRC, MAP has block off plates, though getting one might be tricky. Might be wrong, but I know somebody does and they don't like to give them up.

I ran the TIAL Q BOV with MBRB hot side pipe with stock turbo. it was hooked up to the factory BPV. Worked great, sounded awesome, and even helped with holding boost a little bit.

get in touch with Russell at DHM. He hooked me up with mine, I am sure he will be more than happy to help you with yours if you went this route. [MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION]