Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM: Stock --> cp-e --> Mountune

I just want to share my personal experience with the cp-e xFlex and Mountune roll restrictor rear motor mounts.

Photo Jul 23, 6 06 23 PM.jpg

I chose the cp-e at first because their RMM comes with a bracket (no need to reuse stock one). Installation was pretty straightfoward. Shifting improved significantly and wheel hop disappeared as well. The only thing that bothered me was the NVH. Below 2000RPM, the whole car vibrated and rattled violently, like if the engine was about to stall. I knew there would be a break-in period and hoped the RMM would settle down eventually. Well, the vibration did settle down a bit but not by much. I put 20,000 miles on the cp-e RMM and dreaded around-town commutes. I only enjoyed the car during spirited driving.

I recently decided to try another aftermarket RMM and went with Mountune. They really made me wait for the privilege to have one. It took almost 2 months after I purchased the RMM before it was shipped to me. I was hoping to use the cp-e bracket along with the Mountune RMM. However, the cp-e bracket is designed to only fit their own RMM. I dug out my stock RMM and tapped out the bracket for use with the Mountune. Once installed, I was amazed at the driving experience. All I could think of in my mind was, "serenity now!" Taking off was smooth and drama free. I was shocked at the difference. Shifting during a hard launch felt just as tight as the cp-e. I enjoy driving this car around town now. I'm sure there is more vibration from the Mountune when compared to the stock RMM, but after 20k miles with the cp-e, I don't feel anything.

MS67

I love my Mountune RMM. I didn't notice any increased vibrations over stock and it's definitely stiffer.

THE VIBES ARE REAL.... with the CP-E... but I'll stick with it, dont want to buy 2 of the same part.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the CP-E waiting to go on the car.

I wonder if drilling some holes into the hard bushing would help the excessive NVH og this mount at all, without destroying it, or causing it to wear out/tear any quicker? [dunno]

I have the CP-E waiting to go on the car.

I wonder if drilling some holes into the hard bushing would help the excessive NVH og this mount at all, without destroying it, or causing it to wear out/tear any quicker? [dunno]
I wouldn't recommend doing this. Premature wear or failure would be a big risk.

TUX15ST

Yeah i agree with the op, had a cobb rmm first, then got a steal on a cpe one, hated it, went back to the smooth cobb rmm

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wouldn't recommend doing this. Premature wear or failure would be a big risk.
Yeah, that is probably what would happen, and it seems that I just have a MUCH higher tolerance level for NVH than most do on here anyway, coming from a VERY loud, vibration ridden at idle and ALL speeds, and very jarring riding 4th gen LS1 F body with a full road race suspension, all poly motor/trans mounts, and a rattling Pro 5.0 shifter.

This car feels like, and IS as quiet and smooth as a luxury car to me currently, so I am just going to install the CP-E RMM and LIVE with it regardless. [wink]

haste

1000 Post Club
CP-E motor mount is all about how you drive the car. It can be bear at low rpms but it's all about that throttle modulation...

If my wife can deal with it on a daily basis, I am sure many other people can.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yeah, that is probably what would happen, and it seems that I just have a MUCH higher tolerance level for NVH than most do on here anyway, coming from a VERY loud, vibration ridden at idle and ALL speeds, and very jarring riding 4th gen LS1 F body with a full road race suspension, all poly motor/trans mounts, and a rattling Pro 5.0 shifter.

This car feels like, and IS as quiet and smooth as a luxury car to me currently, so I am just going to install the CP-E RMM and LIVE with it regardless. [wink]
I would not alter the mount in any way or it voids the warranty
if the bushings or mount would fail in any way over time it's covered by a lifetime warranty unless you aren't the original purchaser or if the part has been modified in some way.

I appreciate the OP's feedback on the mount.
It's great to have options and there sure are tons of them available for the FIST.
cp-e engine mounts are a huge part of their business
take a look at their MS3, MS6, FOST, and now their RS mounts....all very popular and very successful

I've added upgraded mounts to almost every car I modify
It's pretty simple from my perspective, if you reduce the movement of the engine and trans significantly (I call if the bobble) you're going to get some interior vibrations

I've said it in many threads, I'm a Mountune fan, I have however heard of the noise issues with their mount. That alone would steer me away but this review has me curious. I'm wondering if there are little to no interior vibrations with the Mountune, does that mean the engine and trans movement is reduced but not nearly as much as by those that cause more vibrations such as the cp-e?

I'm hard core, the cp-e is fine for me but like I said the feedback is all good[like]

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I have the Mountune. I have noticed no change in noise/vibration vs. stock. Wheel-hop is gone, shifts are smooth.

haste

1000 Post Club
I had an odd experience tonight. I usually drive when the wife and I are going somewhere together, but she drove tonight and I didn't notice any vibes from the passenger side. Is this an intentional design from Ford to make the driver feel more involved?

I have the Mountune RMM. I notice vibration at idle with a/c on. Once over 1000 rpm it is smooth.