Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 Tires

Did anyone else get an E-Mail from the Octane Academy with a deal on tires? We can get BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 tire, 205/40/17 for $ 60.00 each plus shipping. Seems like a deal too good to pass up??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I didn't even know BFG made those in our OEM size.

Those are what they should have come with from the factory as they would last longer than the B-stones and ride better/have better impact resistance, but yes, with a little less ultimate grip and slightly less turn-in response.

The ultimate (summer street tire) would be IF Michelin made the PSSs in our OEM size, or even in the aftermarket sizes we use. :(

That IS a crazy good deal though for someone using/keeping the OEM size! [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OP
Z
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys! It helps explain why they are so cheap

Sounds like STOA is selling off their stock. Hopefully that just means that they are switching tires and not dropping the program.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I am guessing they will switch to Michelin. Ford Performance is going that direction with all of their cars, and wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 Fiesta ST comes with Michelins instead of Bridgestone Potenzas. Either way, that is a crazy good price on the BFG's!

Deli

I am guessing they will switch to Michelin. Ford Performance is going that direction with all of their cars, and wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 Fiesta ST comes with Michelins instead of Bridgestone Potenzas. Either way, that is a crazy good price on the BFG's!
I think they already started switching over to Michelin. My 2016 came with Michelin AS3's on them. Closest thing you can get to a summer tire while still being able to drive well into the cold and excellent wet traction. I wish these tires came in 16's to fit my new wheels. I didn't like the ride/weight of the stock wheels.

If I was planning on keeping the stock wheels I would have been all over this. I wonder why they are blowing them out? Changing platforms?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think they already started switching over to Michelin. My 2016 came with Michelin AS3's on them. Closest thing you can get to a summer tire while still being able to drive well into the cold and excellent wet traction. I wish these tires came in 16's to fit my new wheels. I didn't like the ride/weight of the stock wheels.
This would be a GREAT thing if they started releasing the PSS summers in more sizes we can use! [thumb]

And yes, I am HOPING that my car comes with the AS3s on it (yes, even DESPITE that tire's V rating!), and not one of the 'lesser' all seasons, since I opted for the all season option.

I just want to know if non OA attendees can get in on this deal. My tires are pretty much shot after my 4th track day + 10k miles.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I thought Michelin's were the optional all-season tire on the 2015 ST as well.