Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nurburgring/Nordschleife

Hey, I'm just trying to see if anyone is around Germany or the neighboring countries that is planning on or would like to go to the ring. I had talked to a few co-workers here and they had said the best thing to do is go with a few people and co-drive when them to really check out the track and make a full day of it. I recently moved out here to Germany (military) and I've been dying to take the little FiST up there.

Dude I lived in Baumholder for a few years (30 minutes from you). It's a very easy drive there, we always went up on Friday after work with the intent on camping/drinking, and woke up early the next morning to watch the cars, and if it was an open track day (not a sanctioned event) we would normally run a couple fun laps at a "spirited" pace. We normally parked near the Br?nnchen or Pflazgarten and camped there (between 16km and 17km markers, I can get your GPS coordinates tomorrow is you'd like). From there it's a quick shoot up to the town of N?rburg to hit the toll stall and get on the track, or back to the Sudschleife area to hit the shops and stuff. The first time you go there, plan to be overwhelmed and in car heaven, and plan to make a day of it.

Picture of me running my stock 00 Miata SE in 2007

PhoenixM3

I am almost every Weekend there and when i have Earlyshift in the Week after work also.
I know every Spot around the Ring and have done many many Rounds :)
If you need any Help, let me know.
OP, you need to take this guy up on his offer. Ride with him for a couple laps then have him ride shotgun with you. One of the greatest benefits to learning the track quickly, and in the same car.

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
Dear God, you were all right. Haha went up last Sunday with the wife and was very overwhelmed. Didn't realize it was a damn race city. Also the GP event was happening on the grand prix track. We got in two laps in our little fiesta and I definitely wasn't ready haha. Still pulled out a 10:22 but I could have gone way faster if I did another lap or two.

I want to get back up there this coming Sunday (Aug 21st) so if you'd like to meet up that'd be great. I'd like to learn the track a lot better and get a solid time so I can really compare the difference when the hybrid turbo gets in. Also because it's fun as hell. I've been riding motorcycles for years but decided to sell my bike when I got to Germany. I never thought I'd have this much fun in a car.

OP, do yourself a BIG favour, read some of Dr. Pr?ttekl?tt's posts and JUMP at the opportunity of his unbelievably generous offer. Probably the next best thing to riding with Sabine Schmitz (Top Gear, if you don't know)!

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
I am almost every Weekend there and when i have Earlyshift in the Week after work also.
I know every Spot around the Ring and have done many many Rounds :)
If you need any Help, let me know.
I need huge amounts of help haha. I'm planning on going again Sunday. Or if there is any day you're going that would be good I finish work at 1600 and live about an hour and a half from the Nurburg.

I have 45min to the Ring from Home. If you say you go there on Sunday then I will planning to come and met You, always nice to meet new People :)
Normaly i do my Laps in the Week cause there is much less Traffic.

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
I have 45min to the Ring from Home. If you say you go there on Sunday then I will planning to come and met You, always nice to meet new People :)
Normaly i do my Laps in the Week cause there is much less Traffic.
I just looked at the weather and track times to see what would work best. Friday it's supposed to rain and Saturday it's only open for an hour. Sunday should be dry and open all day. It's an hour and a half drive for me and I need to change my oil today. I'll be up there Sunday morning around 0730...I'll PM you my phone number. Oh and my name is Ben.

Yesterday, Ben and I met at the N?rburgring in the morning.
We had a great Day with driving on the Track, nice conversations and looked the Cars in the parking lot and the Track on different Places :)

Ben also did some nice Pictures of the Cars in Front of the N?rburg Castle with his Camera.

OP
A
Thread Starter #15
(update) We're planning another trip October 9th to the ring if anyone else is interested. Quite a few cars coming including myself and Dr. Prutteklutt.