Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Steering Knuckles

Hey Everyone,

I have read a lot about the differences between the ST and non ST steering knuckles and am confused. I used the following part numbers from rock auto to get spindles for my 2015 ST:

AY1Z3K186A Front Left MEF270
AY1Z3K185A Front Right MEF268

They are listed for the 1.6 Turbo Fiesta. The problem arose when I swapped out the knuckles and my toe was way off. I had originally assumed that since I was swapping identical parts that an alignment would not have been necessary, but this was not the case. This led me to believe that I may have ordered regular Fiesta Knuckles.

Everything is aligned up and running good now, but my ADD won't let me allow to have the wrong knuckles under my car especially if I am losing some performance.

My question, Was there a point that the regular fiesta went to the ST knuckles and the parts became the same? If there are different part numbers, why would they say this was a compatible part if it is not identical to the factory knuckle?

Thanks!!

The RevoKnuckle is specific to the Fiesta ST...different from the non-ST Fiesta knuckle.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
The RevoKnuckle is specific to the Fiesta ST...different from the non-ST Fiesta knuckle.
The Fiesta ST doesn't use a RevoKnuckle design. That was specific to the MK2 Focus RS. Fiesta ST uses standard McPherson strut knuckles.

The ST knuckle is drilled for more static negative camber. If the op replaced them with the standard knuckles the camber change will throw the toe way out.

Pete

Whenever you remove a suspension piece and even if you put the same part back in you should get an alignment. Toe misaligned is normal especially if you had to remove the shock/coils from the hub.

Hey bud, did you happen to get squared away on the correct part numbers? Did they in fact send you the wrong parts?

I see the above PNs listed on Rock Auto for 2016 Fiesta ST, but I also see:

C1BZ3K186A Front Left MEF271

C1BZ3K185A Front Right MEF269

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Hey bud, did you happen to get squared away on the correct part numbers? Did they in fact send you the wrong parts?

I see the above PNs listed on Rock Auto for 2016 Fiesta ST, but I also see:

C1BZ3K186A Front Left MEF271

C1BZ3K185A Front Right MEF269
Those should be the correct part numbers. I bought these on Amazon and they were for a regular Fiesta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
I ended up using my stock ones but I am pretty sure these are the right numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
The ST knuckle has the tie rod pick-up point in a different location to change the steering ratio and bump steer correction with the lowered height. I think the strut holes are in a slightly different position as well for increased negative camber. I don't know if the caliper mounting holes are in a different spot for the larger brakes or if the caliper has an increased stand-off mounting distance to work with the larger rotor.