Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Zestino tires - 215/40/17

Hello everyone, I don't post much, but wanted to share an unknown/new tire option with everyone. I recently replaced my stock Bridgestones with a 215/40/17 Zestino tire. They are fairly new in the market here in Socal, and am trying them on my Fist. It is my daily, it is stock with the exception of a COBB RMM and drop in filter. They are the R compound, (street) which translates to a 240 tread wear rating (does not mean what we usually interpret R comps to be)

So far, they do have a little bit more road noise than the Bridgestones, and they are stiffer - I have not been back on a road course with them on, but street grip seems to be there as I have pushed the car to similar limits and they are not audible and do not seem to give just yet - they do not rub at this height, bumps and u turns are fine .. so far, I think they are a good alternative to an RT615 and much cheaper at least on this initial run .. if you need the balance of a quiet, somewhat comfortable but performance oriented tire these are probably not the choice ..

pm me if you are interested and I can connect you to the person I got them from, otherwise if you are on any kind of social media I am sure you will encounter them there too -

**forgot to add that these are marketed as a drift tire, but do not let that deter you if you are using these for the street - **

I had never heard of them until I saw that they sponsor a few pro drift cars. Can't wait to hear how they hold up against the heavy hitters of grippy tires.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Their "Circuit Slick" looks like they copied the tread pattern of the original Pilot Sport Cup tires.

The others look similar to the RE-71R, and Star Spec 2 s. ;)

My friends are sponsored by them there good grippy tires I'm from socal so heard of them for a wile now.
There more known in the drifting community.

LT Berzerker

Any update? Thinking about grabbing these since my 615k's are toast after this summer...
enough for one more autox ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LT Berzerker

Am thinking about 235/40r17 with MeisterR coilovers and near stock height, or just stay with 215 and coils...

LT Berzerker

Yea.... The stock tires were hella stretched - but still in range of fitment recommendations per the manufacturer. Really want to run 235/40r17, but will need 2.5-3.0 front camber, rolling, and trimming the fender guard to clear (right now on Cobb springs the tire touches the plastic inner liner at the sidewall... Just barely)...so anything wider at this height without camber tweaks will rub ie: 215/40r17 direzza's or zestino (owned by dunlop iirc) or raise the car.

Here was one of my Falkens after close to 40k miles. Still not at the wear bars. Even with the above, I replaced them with a set of the exact same type/size. A cheaper alternative like the Zestino would be welcome.

IMG_5241.JPG

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Here was one of my Falkens after close to 40k miles. Still not at the wear bars. Even with the above, I replaced them with a set of the exact same type/size. A cheaper alternative like the Zestino would be welcome.

View attachment 11845
Did you hit something in the road, or did they do that all by themselves?!! [ohcrap]

DaveG99

anyone else use these zestinos? Im having trouble finding specs on them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF these were priced closer to (or even BELOW) the Federals, I would consider them, but they are not much less than the expensive Star Specs, or even co$tlier Yoko A048s, so, meh.