Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 intake owners with P144C issues please chime in

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

Exactly my point....I am glad you have a relationship with them....unfortunately the rest of us don't. They have my email address.......crickets........they have requests for information on this forum........crickets!
Sorry about that, and can't explain it. No idea why my experience was so different from yours. I'm not trying to argue with you, we've just had very different experiences.

EDIT: and just to be clear, I didn't have a relationship with them until I'd bought the induction hose. I hadn't even heard of them until I joined this forum. (Other than building up a silly Jeep, I got away from the modding world for awhile)

I'm not sure if I'm really suppose to say anything, but from direct communication with them, they have the issue sorted and will reach out to everyone as soon as the fix is ready. Their customer service has been pretty straight forward and great to deal with.

And just to brag a little, I was right! [biggrin]
So do I need to get out my shrink tube and make this piece a tighter fit or what? Spill it bro!!! Lol

So do I need to get out my shrink tube and make this piece a tighter fit or what? Spill it bro!!! Lol
For a temp fix, yes. Seriously, I half assed it with a layer of electrical tape, and have been code free since.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The point is that their communications, QC and testing is poor. You build engines.......I used to build custom tube type Audio amps. I am sure you have people for quality checking parts you use and the finished product. Every resistor, capacitor and tubes we used was hand tested to meet specs. I do not expect Mishimoto to do that.....we built 2-3 amps a month. But if you sell a product you owe the customers what they are paying for. I did not pay $29.99 for a discount house Chinese made poor reproduction of a part that I have to make work. I expect when a company offers something for sale that they actually have a product not an just idea. Had I known that at the time I was buying an idea I would not have fooled with them.

And I really do thank you for letting us know what the problem is. I simply removed mine and am still waiting for the "fix".

And my objections are not with you, you obviously know a lot about our cars and are glad to share it with us.

The point is that their communications, QC and testing is poor. You build engines.......I used to build custom tube type Audio amps. I am sure you have people for quality checking parts you use and the finished product. Every resistor, capacitor and tubes we used was hand tested to meet specs. I do not expect Mishimoto to do that.....we built 2-3 amps a month. But if you sell a product you owe the customers what they are paying for. I did not pay $29.99 for a discount house Chinese made poor reproduction of a part that I have to make work. I expect when a company offers something for sale that they actually have a product not an just idea. Had I known that at the time I was buying an idea I would not have fooled with them.

And I really do thank you for letting us know what the problem is. I simply removed mine and am still waiting for the "fix".

And my objections are not with you, you obviously know a lot about our cars and are glad to share it with us.
I can totally understand your frustration. No one is ever happy when things don't work right. The only thing I take issue with from your last post is "you obviously know a lot about our cars." Lol! I honestly giggled when I read that. Almost everything I know about the FiST, I learned on this forum. I know engines, sort of, but I know squat about our cars or our particular engine. (I'm not the type of engineer that designs engines, I design the systems that make sure they're made the same way over and over again, as well as the testing systems to make sure they work before we ship them) Learning as I go! That's why I love forums like this. It's not about anyone's particular knowledge, it's the collective as a whole that can solve damn near any problem. As a whole, we make a pretty solid team.

mishimoto1

Everyone,

We are working on getting a fix out to everyone who is having the issue. The CNC port that @OSC12 wrapped in electrical is now the main suspected culprit. We will need some time to work through this to be absolutely positive, but once we are, an update will be ready on how we will handle the fix for you guys. Apologies for the delay!

Everyone,

We are working on getting a fix out to everyone who is having the issue. The CNC port that @OSC12 wrapped in electrical is now the main suspected culprit. We will need some time to work through this to be absolutely positive, but once we are, an update will be ready on how we will handle the fix for you guys. Apologies for the delay!
At least say thanks to everyone who was the Guinea Pig/Test Engineer/Quality Control, or customers as defined by your company. SMH

mishimoto1

At least say thanks to everyone who was the Guinea Pig/Test Engineer/Quality Control, or customers as defined by your company. SMH
Of course a huge thanks to everyone who has been working with us through this issue! Please understand that we are extremely appreciative of the patience and undterstanding that we are seeing from everyone.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Agree with you both 1000%. My first exposure to this BS, the catch can pre-order with the mounting brackets breaking left and right. Then the intercooler pre-order bait & switch where they tested a bunch of prototypes but sold a totally different untested design (and still to this day promise to test but haven't), and now this faulty intake. Typical Mishi. The most telling part about the kind of company they are? I can still go to their site and right now, order this faulty thing! Why haven't they taken it down?!! WTF?! You'd think as a community we'd boycott them until they realized these practices won't be tolerated. But alas, as stated, we don't have a centralized location for us to view vendor ratings so this continues as most haven't a clue. I ALMOST bought this intake tube as i'm piecing together something a lil custom but naaaaah. I'll wait for mountune. I've decided after this nonsense that i'm truly done with Mishi. They'll never get money. Now when i see a Mishi R&D/pre-order thread I just subscribe for the entertainment value ;)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Agree with you both 1000%. My first exposure to this BS was the catch can pre-order with the mounting brackets breaking left and right. Then the intercooler pre-order bait & switch where they tested a bunch of prototypes but sold a totally different untested design (and still to this day promise to test but haven't), and now this faulty intake. Typical Mishi. The most telling part about the kind of company they are? I can still go to their site and right now, order this faulty thing! Why haven't they taken it down?!! WTF?! You'd think as a community we'd boycott them until they realized these practices won't be tolerated. But alas, as stated, we don't have a centralized location for us to view vendor ratings so this continues as most haven't a clue. I ALMOST bought this intake tube as i'm piecing together something a lil custom but naaaaah. I'll wait for mountune. I've decided after this nonsense that i'm truly done with Mishi. They'll never get money. Now when i see a Mishi R&D/pre-order thread I just subscribe for the entertainment value ;)

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
I think some people are being a little harsh here. I'm not saying Mishimoto isn't at fault, but they do thorough testing with their parts on their own vehicles in house, and yes, some people are experiencing issues that they didn't experience on their own car, so of course there may be some discrepancies. On the 2016 that has a very finicky evap system also, that doesn't help when some people are experiencing the issue and some aren't.

At least Mishimoto is responding and trying to work with us on a solution.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think some people are being a little harsh here. I'm not saying Mishimoto isn't at fault, but they do thorough testing with their parts on their own vehicles in house, and yes, some people are experiencing issues that they didn't experience on their own car, so of course there may be some discrepancies. On the 2016 that has a very finicky evap system also, that doesn't help when some people are experiencing the issue and some aren't.

Thorough is a very strong word...thorough would have caught a part the was machined too small for its intended purpose. Or caught an OCC with a bad bracket design. They made it right with everyone on the faulty OCC bracket and i expect the same here. Their issue is treating customers like beta testers and then leaving them out of the loop with painfully SLOW response times. Add to that they KNOW they have a bad design and yet keep selling it! They did the EXACT same thing with OCC brackets. Shady no matter how forgiving you may be. The right thing to do is pull the part off the website until such time a proper part can be produced.

Map performance has intake that has gd results with the 2016.
yea but that intake is yet another short ram sitting right in the engine bay, not a cold air. But i have yet to hear theirs throwing a code but that can be purely because it just doesn't sell as well.

mishimoto1

Agree with you both 1000%. My first exposure to this BS was the catch can pre-order with the mounting brackets breaking left and right. Then the intercooler pre-order bait & switch where they tested a bunch of prototypes but sold a totally different untested design (and still to this day promise to test but haven't), and now this faulty intake. Typical Mishi. The most telling part about the kind of company they are? I can still go to their site and right now, order this faulty thing! Why haven't they taken it down?!! WTF?! You'd think as a community we'd boycott them until they realized these practices won't be tolerated. But alas, as stated, we don't have a centralized location for us to view vendor ratings so this continues as most haven't a clue. I ALMOST bought this intake tube as i'm piecing together something a lil custom but naaaaah. I'll wait for mountune. I've decided after this nonsense that i'm truly done with Mishi. They'll never get money. Now when i see a Mishi R&D/pre-order thread I just subscribe for the entertainment value ;)

Hey Guys,

Thank you for the post.

You can rest assure that we will always work with you on a resolution. It looks like you have already contacted us in regards to this.

If not, or if anybody else needs to reach, please contact us at Support@Mishimoto.com.

Best Regards,
Mishimoto

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thorough is a very strong word...thorough would have caught a part the was machined too small for its intended purpose. Or caught an OCC with a bad bracket design. They made it right with everyone on the faulty OCC bracket and i expect the same here. Their issue is treating customers like beta testers and then leaving them out of the loop with painfully SLOW response times. Add to that they KNOW they have a bad design and yet keep selling it! They did the EXACT same thing with OCC brackets. Shady no matter how forgiving you may be. The right thing to do is pull the part off the website until such time a proper part can be produced.

yea but that intake is yet another short ram sitting right in the engine bay, not a cold air. But i have yet to hear theirs throwing a code but that can be purely because it just doesn't sell as well.
I agree that Mishi is a very shady company that I will not do business with again nor recommend them to anyone. Awfully ballsy of them to have peoples money that are waiting for them to correct a problem and they continue selling a defective product. No ethics! And they seem too ignorant to even troubleshoot and correct the problem even when one of the unpaid guinea pigs find the cause for them. It is pitiful to buy something that went though "thorough" testing that requires some tape to make it work correctly!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I agree that Mishi is a very shady company that I will not do business with again nor recommend them to anyone. Awfully ballsy of them to have peoples money that are waiting for them to correct a problem and they continue selling a defective product. No ethics! And they seem too ignorant to even troubleshoot and correct the problem even when one of the unpaid guinea pigs find the cause for them. It is pitiful to buy something that went though "thorough" testing that requires some tape to make it work correctly!
I rarely make post about other companies but this is awful. I bought the map intake

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
I think it's hilarious that a company that does thorough, in-house research and development for our vehicle, as well as good customer service is considered "shady."

They have already said they were working on it, I'm not sure what else you want. If this is shady, then some other companies are here would be considered "deplorable."

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
they know for a fact that the intake is throwing codes left and right but continue to sell it... shady.

they continued to sell the OCC as well when the brackets were breaking... shady.

intake throwing codes. oil catch brackets snapping. selling the untested intercooler after promising to test it. None of this makes them thorough....at all.

If not for this forum's vocal members, their "thorough, in-house research" would continue to build and sell faulty products. oh wait, they continue to that anyway. and that's my biggest issue with them. I understand they aren't perfect. Shit happens. But they keep selling the broken item! I can still add this code throwing intake to a cart on their website. They did the same thing with the OCC. That's just unacceptable. I don't care how quickly they get a fix out, people are still buying these things, ripping the package open with a big cheese grin, installing it only to get a CEL. Plain wrong no matter how much of a mishi-fanboi anyone is.

Is there even have a fix from them yet?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
The problem with inferring that they are selling a "broken" product, is that not everyone is experiencing this issue.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but they corrected the issue with the OCC by sending everyone the correct brackets, and I'm sure they'll do something similar with this intake once they figure it out.