Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 intake owners with P144C issues please chime in

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #141
For what it's worth, still 2000+ miles strong with no code issues. I even had the boost purge line deleted and it's been fine.

I will wait for a nice sales since i feel like i might have missed out on all the black friday etc deals.. I was hesitant to spend on something that there is no solid evidence of reliability (cel). I understand Mishi is working on a solution but I dont really want to be an early bird adopter (or else I would own a 2014, not a 2016 and purchased it when it was rumored that the 17 will be refreshed lol, should have waited for a 17...)

mishimoto1

For what it's worth, still 2000+ miles strong with no code issues. I even had the boost purge line deleted and it's been fine.
Thanks for the update [MENTION=4498]OffTheWall503[/MENTION], glad to hear you're still code free!

I will wait for a nice sales since i feel like i might have missed out on all the black friday etc deals.. I was hesitant to spend on something that there is no solid evidence of reliability (cel). I understand Mishi is working on a solution but I dont really want to be an early bird adopter (or else I would own a 2014, not a 2016 and purchased it when it was rumored that the 17 will be refreshed lol, should have waited for a 17...)
Thanks for your input @Manta_Ray. We are working on getting this completely resolved as soon as possible and we may have some upcoming holiday sales in the coming weeks. For now, we will have another batch of PCV adapters to send out to those with the Induction Hose, which should keep the evap code at bay. For those who have/want to get the full intake, an updated intake pipe has been designed, but it will take time to get into our warehouse so we can send them out. This thread will stay updated for new developments on the topic.

If anyone else has any questions, please let us know!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #144
I did initially get the code after 100 miles or so, but found it was due to loose clamps. They need to be very tight. Since I tightened them up I've had no issues whatsoever.

Jatt

So, I put on about 400 miles since I reset the P144C code and used some electrical tape around the loose fitting. Was driving to work this morning in moderate rain and the code popped up again. I got to work and opened the hood to check the fitting that has the electrical tape fix and it feels quite tight. Is there some other fitting I should tape on as well? I did do an oil change this past weekend and emptied my oil catch can. But all clamps should be tight. Any thoughts???

Mishimoto customer support got back to me and has me on their new fitting list.

Did you try putting electrical tape on both fittings and not just the fitting that Mishimoto has a fix for? The other fitting I allude to, is the one on the induction hose portion.

So, I put on about 400 miles since I reset the P144C code and used some electrical tape around the loose fitting. Was driving to work this morning in moderate rain and the code popped up again. I got to work and opened the hood to check the fitting that has the electrical tape fix and it feels quite tight. Is there some other fitting I should tape on as well? I did do an oil change this past weekend and emptied my oil catch can. But all clamps should be tight. Any thoughts???

mishimoto1

I'm glad Customer Support was able to get back to you! Do you have our Induction Hose or our full Performance Intake kit with the aluminum pipe?

As [MENTION=4296]808FiST[/MENTION] said, electrical tape on the fitting that is found on the intake elbow can keep the code at bay, but so far, we have only seen this as necessary for those who are running our full intake kit.

mishimoto1

I did initially get the code after 100 miles or so, but found it was due to loose clamps. They need to be very tight. Since I tightened them up I've had no issues whatsoever.
Thanks again! We are finding that they need to be pretty tight, the evap systems on these cars are incredibly sensitive.

Jatt

Thanks for the reply. So, I cleared the code yesterday and have driven about 200 miles and no code so far. If it pops back up, I will tape that fitting as well.
[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] - I have the induction hose.

mishimoto1

Thanks for the reply. So, I cleared the code yesterday and have driven about 200 miles and no code so far. If it pops back up, I will tape that fitting as well.

[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] - I have the induction hose.
Thank you for the update! Keep us posted.

I just ordered a full intake for my 2016 from Modbargains today. Will it be shipped with the updated hardware to avoid the cel issues?

mishimoto1

I just ordered a full intake for my 2016 from Modbargains today. Will it be shipped with the updated hardware to avoid the cel issues?
Thanks for the purchase! We do not have the updated fittings mated with the packaging quite yet, but we are getting another batch of fittings into our warehouse to individually send out to everyone. If you reach out to us at support@mishimoto.com or call in at 1-866-466-4744, our Customer Support Team can get some out to you once they are ready to go.

For those who have/want to get the full intake, an updated intake pipe has been designed, but it will take time to get into our warehouse so we can send them out. This thread will stay updated for new developments on that. Hope that helps!

Tried calling the number listed and it was trying to sell me a carribean cruise. I emailed Modbargains and you to hopefully cancel my order untill this problem is resolved.

mishimoto1

Tried calling the number listed and it was trying to sell me a carribean cruise. I emailed Modbargains and you to hopefully cancel my order untill this problem is resolved.
So sorry! The number should have been 1-877-466-4744! Someone should be getting back to you soon.

I bought the Mishimoto CAI intake kit and had multiple issues.

Poor fitment - it rubbed against the top drivers corner of the valve cover. I tried multiple ways to attempt to correct this fitment issue, ended up having to use a piece of rubber to attempt to prevent any damage.
Poor welds - massive chunks of aluminum weld in the piping.
And it threw the malfunction indicator for the P144C. Checked all clamps to ensure they were tight, which they were.

Sadly its just sitting in a box in my garage.

It's not necessarily the clamps that are the issues. It's the fittings that may be loose. Contact Mishimoto for the new fittings, or wrap the fittings with electrical tape to fatten up the diameter so that they fit more snugly. This will most likely resolve you P144C code.

I bought the Mishimoto CAI intake kit and had multiple issues.

And it threw the malfunction indicator for the P144C. Checked all clamps to ensure they were tight, which they were.

Hehehe...the nipple/fitting modification is not a major PITA. Maybe a little involved to swap out the fitting for a new one, but if you just do the tape method, it's very easy. If you can wrap a band-aid around your finger, you can totally fix this [rockon]!

I have a 2016 and been reading up on this stuff about modifying the little nipple thing and how much of a pain it is so I decided to just keep the stock tubing and get a Drop in or Injen SP Short ram or Arma Speed.

Hehehe...the nipple/fitting modification is not a major PITA. Maybe a little involved to swap out the fitting for a new one, but if you just do the tape method, it's very easy. If you can wrap a band-aid around your finger, you can totally fix this [rockon]!
But how much tape? and do I tape the middle portion of the line where the video says to use a razor to cut off the old one seems like the other 2 ends just clip on. I will do this if it's not gonna be a pain later on down the road throwing a CEL

I used 2 layers of black electrical tape wrapped around the metal fitting that goes into the hole. There's no taping of the external layer of the hose, thus it provides for a very clean installation w/o evidence of the tape. In my case, I had to do the tape method for both fittings. No code for > 1000 miles thus far.