Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 intake owners with P144C issues please chime in

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

mishimoto1

Apologies for the delay guys, I hope you all had an awesome holiday and New Years!

I bought the Mishimoto CAI intake kit and had multiple issues.

Poor fitment - it rubbed against the top drivers corner of the valve cover. I tried multiple ways to attempt to correct this fitment issue, ended up having to use a piece of rubber to attempt to prevent any damage.
Poor welds - massive chunks of aluminum weld in the piping.
And it threw the malfunction indicator for the P144C. Checked all clamps to ensure they were tight, which they were.

Sadly its just sitting in a box in my garage.
So sorry to hear you experiencing difficulties! We do have a fix that can help out with the code as [MENTION=4296]808FiST[/MENTION] said, but for those with the full intake kit, we are still in the process of having the aluminum pipe remade so the fitting size can be corrected. As soon as that is completed, the new pipes will be sent to our warehouse for us to send out to those seeing the evap code. For now, taping both fittings with a layer or two of electrical tape may certainly help keep the code at bay.

If you need any more assistance, please don't hesitate to either PM us here, email our Customer Service team at support@mishimoto.com or call us at 1-877-466-4744.

Hehehe...the nipple/fitting modification is not a major PITA. Maybe a little involved to swap out the fitting for a new one, but if you just do the tape method, it's very easy. If you can wrap a band-aid around your finger, you can totally fix this [rockon]!
Again, thanks for your input [MENTION=4296]808FiST[/MENTION]! [MENTION=6724]Tuxedo FiSTa[/MENTION] by wrapping the fitting on our adapter piece in a layer of electrical tape has kept the code at bay for almost all of the individuals who have this intake and are experiencing the issue. For reference, take a look at how [MENTION=5122]OCS12[/MENTION] did it on his '16 ST:

Let me know if I can be of any more help. If you need further assistance, contact us at support@mishimoto.com or call in at 1-877-466-4744 at your earliest convenience.

-Diamaan

Flaco

2000 Post Club
This is what I did to stop the leak, I replaced all the small clamps with a larger clamps from my work. They seal high pressure water lines.

Attachments

Flaco

2000 Post Club
3 or 4 days don't know if the code will come back yet. Gonna give it a few miles and see what happens.
Almost forgot I also put tape on the two fittings !

I purchased a MAPerformance adapter for my 2014 FSWERKS intake. This adapter is only for their intake, but I didn't want to buy a whole new intake just because Ford decided to change the setup on the 2016 ST's. It's been on with no issues since September...until today it threw a P144C code =(

Has anyone else used this adapter on their non 2016 intakes?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm using it with the mishimoto induction hose for about 3k miles, no issues. I had to modify the mishimoto hose a bit for a proper seal to the map adapt. I did a write up on it. if you search for threads I started you should find it quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Bluedrank

My induction hose on my 16 was good for about a thousand miles, but eventually threw the code too. I contacted Mishimoto to be put on a list but they've yet to ship anything I believe because they are changing warehouses or something.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
The dreaded code popped again today, so I rechecked the tape I applied to the adapters and found that the tape had bunched up when inserting the clips. So I removed the old tape replaced with new and applied some grease so the o rings in the clips will slide a bit over the tape. Hopefully this will solve the code problem until Mish gets the new adapters ready.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It has now been 6 months and no fix......now it seems the hard induction hose has issues and has to be remade........someday I will get the parts to fix my intake hose or pray for a Mountune hose and sell this POS! Are the forum members here just numb to the crap quality and customer service of Mishimoto? Do they think this is normal business operation? This company is a bad joke and if you spend any more money with these people you are just asking for problems. 6 months and still waiting for my car to not have a code......Junk products and zero care for the customers or their reputation. They could have purchased proper sized fitting from an American company but they would not be cheap.....but then they would have worked properly but instead went back to China....AGAIN. But apparently cannot afford to buy enough correct size fitting to supply all the customers they supplied the bad one too. There should be a filter for the word Mishimoto to take you to a warning page about this company on this site. I will give them a few more weeks before the BBB complaint get filled on these rip off fools! It is obvious they have zero engineers and their customer service seems to be non exsistant in the caring department. Their attitude is screw you once and the hell with any follow on business. So be it, they got me once.....never again!

I decided to use some gasket sealant and re-assembled (using the one new fitting Mishi provided). I don't think codes will be an issue anymore. ;-)

Bluedrank

It has now been 6 months and no fix......now it seems the hard induction hose has issues and has to be remade........someday I will get the parts to fix my intake hose or pray for a Mountune hose and sell this POS! Are the forum members here just numb to the crap quality and customer service of Mishimoto? Do they think this is normal business operation? This company is a bad joke and if you spend any more money with these people you are just asking for problems. 6 months and still waiting for my car to not have a code......Junk products and zero care for the customers or their reputation. They could have purchased proper sized fitting from an American company but they would not be cheap.....but then they would have worked properly but instead went back to China....AGAIN. But apparently cannot afford to buy enough correct size fitting to supply all the customers they supplied the bad one too. There should be a filter for the word Mishimoto to take you to a warning page about this company on this site. I will give them a few more weeks before the BBB complaint get filled on these rip off fools! It is obvious they have zero engineers and their customer service seems to be non exsistant in the caring department. Their attitude is screw you once and the hell with any follow on business. So be it, they got me once.....never again!
I don't disagree. I won't buy another product from them. I do like the hose, but the fact that it's been throwing codes for months and I'm not the only one with the problem makes me 100% certain to look elsewhere in the future and not recommend them.

I hope they eventually make good and send me the replacement, but regardless they've damaged the relationship here probably beyond repair.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The best part? They blame the car for having a sensitive EVAP system. Meanwhile.... CP-E doesn't seem to have this issue. My MAP EVAP adapter does not have this problem either.

They rushed it out and then sloooowly fix. One would hope that buying from a forum sponsor meant they have been vetted. Apparently not. The worst part? The fix they send out is best installed with a special wrench you'll likely never use again. Instead of sending you guys pieces of the kit for you to disassemble and repair, they should be sending you an entire replacement section to quickly swap!

I swore off mishimoto after the whole IC nonsense. Sorry you guys are going through this. I know I'd be sick to my stomach to get in my car and see a CEL every single day month after month.

I would agree on this one. Mishimoto's should just send out the entire replacement section for those needing the replacement for the CEL code. That would gain quite a few clients "for life" in the long run.

Instead of sending you guys pieces of the kit for you to disassemble and repair, they should be sending you an entire replacement section to quickly swap!

Flaco

2000 Post Club
The induction hose for me is fine, but the spaghetti hoses coming of the MAP port is just a poor design. Should have been similar to Fords and all one piece aluminum. I enjoy modding my FiST blah blah, good therapy for me. I don't want to continue to see this code popping ever 400 miles or so. Mishimoto should redesign and replace for everyone. They should recall the Induction Hoses out there that haven't been sold. Don't expect they will do it. I told one of the guy's I work with: I bought the Induction hose for Mishimoto, first word out of his mouth were "they make crap products".

mishimoto1

Apologies for the delay guys, we were having issues posting on the forum for the past few days.

The dreaded code popped again today, so I rechecked the tape I applied to the adapters and found that the tape had bunched up when inserting the clips. So I removed the old tape replaced with new and applied some grease so the o rings in the clips will slide a bit over the tape. Hopefully this will solve the code problem until Mish gets the new adapters ready.
Yes if the tape bunches up at the bottom, the seal won't be proper. Let me know if this ends up working!

Hey [MENTION=2319]jmrtsus[/MENTION],

We sincerely apologize if you feel like we don't care about the issues you or anyone else is having with their car using either our Induction Hose or Full Performance Intake Kit. This has not been taken lightly at all, and it took us a while to figure out what the issue was. We have worked with several forum members and others who have bought these products for a good bit of 2016 to get to the bottom of what was happening. We had several theories as to what was was going on, but we had to be sure and test each one to eliminate what would have been less likely to actually be the case. It was important that we were entirely sure about what was going on before we started making changes to the design, and although that might have been the more time consuming route, it was the appropriate route to be certain the fix would work.

I have alerted our Customer Service team of your complaint, so we should have someone reach out to you soon. I'll send you a PM so I can get some of your information.

I decided to use some gasket sealant and re-assembled (using the one new fitting Mishi provided). I don't think codes will be an issue anymore. ;-)
Thanks for the update [MENTION=4311]F1Fletch[/MENTION]! Keep us posted on if it does pop back up.

I don't disagree. I won't buy another product from them. I do like the hose, but the fact that it's been throwing codes for months and I'm not the only one with the problem makes me 100% certain to look elsewhere in the future and not recommend them.

I hope they eventually make good and send me the replacement, but regardless they've damaged the relationship here probably beyond repair.
If you are waiting for the induction hose adapter piece, you must call into or Customer Service line at 1-877-466-4744 or email at support@mishimoto.com. If you have already called in to submit a claim, we can send you a PM to get some more information about your order and check the status of your claim to be sure it has been processed correctly if you'd like?

The best part? They blame the car for having a sensitive EVAP system. Meanwhile.... CP-E doesn't seem to have this issue. My MAP EVAP adapter does not have this problem either.

They rushed it out and then sloooowly fix. One would hope that buying from a forum sponsor meant they have been vetted. Apparently not. The worst part? The fix they send out is best installed with a special wrench you'll likely never use again. Instead of sending you guys pieces of the kit for you to disassemble and repair, they should be sending you an entire replacement section to quickly swap!

I swore off mishimoto after the whole IC nonsense. Sorry you guys are going through this. I know I'd be sick to my stomach to get in my car and see a CEL every single day month after month.

I would agree on this one. Mishimoto's should just send out the entire replacement section for those needing the replacement for the CEL code. That would gain quite a few clients "for life" in the long run.
The induction hose for me is fine, but the spaghetti hoses coming of the MAP port is just a poor design. Should have been similar to Fords and all one piece aluminum. I enjoy modding my FiST blah blah, good therapy for me. I don't want to continue to see this code popping ever 400 miles or so. Mishimoto should redesign and replace for everyone. They should recall the Induction Hoses out there that haven't been sold. Don't expect they will do it. I told one of the guy's I work with: I bought the Induction hose for Mishimoto, first word out of his mouth were "they make crap products".
Our sizing for our adapter fittings were off by a very small amount and this caused the EVAP code some of you are seeing, however, the last thing we want everyone to feel is as though we are attempting to shift blame anywhere else. We are doing our absolute best to get everyone sorted properly and have the fix sent out. We had to accommodate those who had 2016 Fiesta ST year models because the PCV system was changed by Ford after 2015. In order to run our intake, we had to adapt our existing kit.

After much deliberation between our engineers and those of you on the forum, we were able to weed out the direct cause of the thrown code. This resized adapter will solve the code, as the issue isn't with induction hose itself.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Does anyone have their stock intake tube off of a 2016 Fiesta they want to send me? Ill pay shipping and send it back. I would like to diagnose some things and see about a proper solution for customers using 2014-2015 intakes.

Russ

Bluedrank

Does anyone have their stock intake tube off of a 2016 Fiesta they want to send me? Ill pay shipping and send it back. I would like to diagnose some things and see about a proper solution for customers using 2014-2015 intakes.

Russ
I'd be happy to send you mine.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
FYI, just filed BBB complaint....probably will do no good as I found out Mishi is not accredited by the BBB with a score of C- due to complaints and ignoring complaints..........BAD COMPANY TO DEAL WITH! Wish I had checked before buying! Anyone want a intake hose that throws codes????