Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 ford feista clutch warranty denied by ford

The sales guy and I walked over to look at it, he jumped in, said to me hop in, and proceeded to slip the clutch and buck the car around.
Now we're off topic but what is it with salesmen trying to impress a customer by abusing the heck out of a car they are trying to sell? My wife (who's a bigger gear head than me) and I were buying an Audi years ago and the sales guy jumps in a totally cold car sitting on the lot, fires it up and instantly starts gunning the throttle in neutral up to redline to show off something not sure what. A HUGE cloud of smoke started billowing out of the tailpipe. We left that dealership immediately and never went back. Pretty sure he took like 10K miles off the life of that engine right then and there.

dotpeek

Now we're off topic but what is it with salesmen trying to impress a customer by abusing the heck out of a car they are trying to sell? My wife (who's a bigger gear head than me) and I were buying an Audi years ago and the sales guy jumps in a totally cold car sitting on the lot, fires it up and instantly starts gunning the throttle in neutral up to redline to show off something not sure what. A HUGE cloud of smoke started billowing out of the tailpipe. We left that dealership immediately and never went back. Pretty sure he took like 10K miles off the life of that engine right then and there.
Funny you mention it. I was 19 at the time of me purchasing my FiST. The sales manager was the one that showed me around the car, we go on a test drive and we pull out of the dealership, the first thing he looked for was the sport mode, and with a cold motor during late February 15 degree weather he just starts gunning it. My heart sank lol..It sinks even more considering I wound up buying it because it was the only one they had.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THESE are the reasons WHY I did not want, nor trust my salesman to drive a located car back from a stealership almost 100 miles away.

He seems like a reasonable enough, OK person, BUT, he IS in his twenties, and DOES own a C6 Vette as his personal car, so who knows if he would decide to "see what this little ****box can REALLY do" <-(HIM talking, NOT me!! ;) ) on his long way back to the home dealership. [dunno]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Gee dude....have you called Ford Customer Care? After a title and tag fiasco with my dealer a call to them and I received a check for the full amount of my Doc fees in 2 days.

I am no clutch expert but I will say my BMW 320 IS had 250K on it's clutch when we sold it and it went thru me, my daughter in college and back to me. So a properly operated clutch should last.....on the other hand we live in a hilly section with some mountains and my wife's 93 Dodge Stealth R/T gets a clutch every 30k.....shall we say she rides a clutch till it smokes at times!!! So I suspect your wife or someone has crispy crittered the clutch in a similar manner.

I think part of the problem is trying to convince a service department that you purchased an ST for your wife to putter around in and never be driven hard. Why bother with an ST? I would try the please help us with a price adjustment request.

My Doc fees were refunded from a "Customer Satisfaction Account" at the dealership after Ford Customer Care got involved. My understanding is this account is to try to keep customers happy and to prevent so called "bad mouthing of Ford or the dealership". So instead of trying to raise hell try to simply say please help me with Ford Customer Care. Was worth $590 to me! And if they cover even a part of it you will be ahead!

OP
S
Thread Starter #25
After some time and a few calls from the Ford executive office, Ford decided to reverse their denial of warranty seemingly based on new evidence. All I have to pay is $100 to have the clutch replaced.

Rhinopolis

The 1st day or two from out of my 2010 mx5 with upgraded clutch plus aftermarket light weight flywheel, I had to drive the FiST completely different when starting out in 1st and from a dead stop.

The FiST has so much more torque down low than what the mx5 did, and after 5 years of driving with the mx5 I was used to having to rev it past 2k and then slip the clutch in order to pull away in 1st smoothly.

1st in the FiST is as short as Peter Dinklage, and it was a little ackward for me until I learned how to more smoothly pull away from a dead stop and go 1st to 2cd.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Working at another dealer....i have seen alot of things get pushed through for warranty that were way out of coverage due to the fact that they knew it was a common failure and that the Customer was a valued Customer, having purchased alot of their products over the years. Ive seen clearly years of abuse on some vehicles and a rod shoot through the sides of the block. The manufacturer covered it underneath powertrain...even though all 4 tires were completely bald and the transmission fluid was black as night. Sure enough guess what was covered after the engine.....yep you guessed it....Transmission time. It all depends on the dealer in the end.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Working at another dealer....i have seen alot of things get pushed through for warranty that were way out of coverage due to the fact that they knew it was a common failure and that the Customer was a valued Customer, having purchased alot of their products over the years. Ive seen clearly years of abuse on some vehicles and a rod shoot through the sides of the block. The manufacturer covered it underneath powertrain...even though all 4 tires were completely bald and the transmission fluid was black as night. Sure enough guess what was covered after the engine.....yep you guessed it....Transmission time. It all depends on the dealer in the end.
Agree. Because his clutch was was abused. Now this guy will never appear again on the forums after being a lil baby for a month. Lol

Agree. Because his clutch was was abused. Now this guy will never appear again on the forums after being a lil baby for a month. Lol
Nah. He'll be back in a year and a half when we'll get to hear all about how the replacement clutch was also defective.