Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best prices on 2015 & 2016 STs

^^^Thanks, but I'd rather own the car since I keep cars for a LONG time, unlike most, and I DO mod my cars, and refuse to pay that much more to purchase the car after the lease is up. [wink]
You are correct, if you plan on keeping the car for a long time, then a lease is the wrong choice.
But it is a good choice for those that like to get a new car every few years, thats always under warranty.

You are correct, if you plan on keeping the car for a long time, then a lease is the wrong choice.
But it is a good choice for those that like to get a new car every few years, thats always under warranty.
Leasing can be good for the long term also. have dealer tell you residual (cost to buy at end of lease)for the car you want to lease. Total the costs of payments over the lease and add residual. The disadvantage of a lease is the mileage and has to be returned in good condition (usually without mods). The advantage is that if the car gets damaged, you can have it repaired and turn in at end of lease, and you don't own a wrecked car.

Some cars do not hold their value well (this is probably one of them), and if the residual is very low, you can always buy car at end of lease and then turn around and sell it for more than you just paid for it...

Usually, the best way to buy a car is preowned. That way, the original owner takes the initial big depreciation hit. And you can pick up a preowned car with full warranty (in many cases) for MUCH less than a brand new car (that will be a used car once you drive it off the lot).

Last edited:
Usually, the best way to buy a car is preowned. Example- Just bought an ST. 2015, loaded with every option, 9500 miles, inside and outside like new. 2/3 clear bra on nose, headlights, mirrors, full ST all weather mats. Sticker almost $27K. Purchased for $15,500 cash out the door (purchased out of state so paid taxes in home state). Previous owner had depreciation of over $1/ mile [bawling]
It's true that new car depreciation is fierce, but so is the markup on used cars. Car max operates on a $6000 markup, i.e. if they buy it for 10, the sell it for 16.

Between rebates and dealer discounts new loaded STs sold for about 20. So 15.5 is still a big savings, but 2/3 of the bumper to bumper warranty is gone, as is a chunk of wear items, brakes & tires, etc. Though if you bought it for $15.5, then the guy trading it in only got 12 or so.

It's true that new car depreciation is fierce, but so is the markup on used cars. Car max operates on a $6000 markup, i.e. if they buy it for 10, the sell it for 16.

Between rebates and dealer discounts new loaded STs sold for about 20. So 15.5 is still a big savings, but 2/3 of the bumper to bumper warranty is gone, as is a chunk of wear items, brakes & tires, etc. Though if you bought it for $15.5, then the guy trading it in only got 12 or so.
Since the car was listed for $16,990, I would guess the dealer gave the previous owner around $14k-14.5k on trade. And most cars with similar features and mileage are listed for 17k-19k on Autotrader.

$4500 will buy you an extended warranty and leave you several thousand dollars left over for goodies for your car :)

But there are many ways to get the best deal...

$4500 will buy you an extended warranty and leave you several thousand dollars left over for goodies for your car :)
I had no idea an extended warranty was that expensive, I guess that must be for something with the same terms as the new car warranty, no deductible, no copays, bumper to bumper coverage.

Most of the people on here that reported ST prices of under 20K bough them back in the Fall, when Ford was offering $3000 to $4000 rebates,
now rebates are only $500

I had no idea an extended warranty was that expensive, I guess that must be for something with the same terms as the new car warranty, no deductible, no copays, bumper to bumper coverage.

Most of the people on here that reported ST prices of under 20K bough them back in the Fall, when Ford was offering $3000 to $4000 rebates,
now rebates are only $500
You missed the "and"...

As I posted, the $4500 could be used to purchase extended warranty ($1000-$1500?) AND
the remaining $3000-$3500 Will buy LOTS of car goodies. I even did the math for you:)