Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best prices on 2015 & 2016 STs

I'm looking at local dealerships for a good deal on a Fiesta ST, and unbelievably, at least two dealers about 70 miles away still have new 2015 models in stock. One is a red base model with moonroof (don't really want) and painted wheels, MSRP of $22,940, listed on their website for $17.8K plus whatever fees they'll be adding. Another dealer has a black 2015 with moonroof, navi, Recaros, and painted wheels, MSRP of $25,780, and listed for $20,995 on their website. These really don't seem like really great deals given that there's plenty of 2016 STs available locally (within 50 miles) starting in the high $16-17K range. I live near Washington, DC, and there are tons of Ford dealers around here, making it easy to shop around and get great deals. Last year we got a new leftover 2014 Focus Titanium, with MSRP of just under $26K, for $18K out-the-door (including all fees, taxes, etc.) I'd like to score a similar deal.

What sorts of numbers should I be throwing out there to these dealers on the leftover 2015s, or should I just try to score a deal on a 2016? Besides the SYNC3 upgrade, what else is changed? I know the Recaros are nice, but I can live without them - no option on the ST is a "must-have". Realistically, how low do you think dealers can go on these?

Ive heard of good prices from Koons Ford, you would really know more than I. The fiesta/focus really have no markup between msrp and invoice pricing meaning even sold at msrp the dealer is not making much after sales/finance/lease/utilities for dealer are paid. VA otd fees will be much different than what im used to out in CA where we need to add almost 10% to the final sales price of the vehicle, ie. 20k price ~ 22k otd.

Personally I think there should be at least a 2k discount from the 15 to the 16 model knowing the 16 is now a year old with most 17 vehicle models now for sale on the lots. Getting 0% will also save 1k or so in interest over a low interest loan so one needs to take that into account.
Looking at what you stated the no option 15 and 16 ST are both being advertised for 17k. 16 is a no brainer at near or same price. Unless of course you want red. Can you get the 15 for 16k otd and 0%? If you can get a no option 16 for 18 otd and 0% or a 16 recaros for 20k otd plus 0% I jump on both of those deals.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
+1!

Some are asking (and maybe even getting) those kinds of numbers (or HIGHER!) for USED '15s with decent amounts of miles on them!

IF I had the ways (transportation) and means (travel expenses) to 'shop around', or lived near the Koons dealership, and that competitive area for Fords, I would have bought there instead of at Fred Beans. :(

rexdriver85

+1!

Some are asking (and maybe even getting) those kinds of numbers (or HIGHER!) for USED '15s with decent amounts of miles on them!

IF I had the ways (transportation) and means (travel expenses) to 'shop around', or lived near the Koons dealership, and that competitive area for Fords, I would have bought there instead of at Fred Beans. :(
Which Fred Beans did you go to?

i got my fully loaded 2015 race red for 22k (24k OTD) with 0% financing and 0 down from Tedd Britt in Chantilly, VA. that was with $500 new grad discount. i shopped online against a few dealers in the NE and they were the cheapest. finished everything i could through email then drove a rental car down and signed the papers.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
i got my fully loaded 2015 race red for 22k (24k OTD) with 0% financing and 0 down from Tedd Britt in Chantilly, VA. that was with $500 new grad discount. i shopped online against a few dealers in the NE and they were the cheapest. finished everything i could through email then drove a rental car down and signed the papers.
That's right near me. What was sticker on that car, and when did you make this deal? They don't have any 2015s in stock, but plenty of 2016s, and they're showing some pretty hefty discounts on their website.

Thanks.

That's right near me. What was sticker on that car, and when did you make this deal? They don't have any 2015s in stock, but plenty of 2016s, and they're showing some pretty hefty discounts on their website.

Thanks.
bought it april 2015, sticker of $25,730

Other dealers i negotiated with below for comparable cars, both said they couldn't go any lower and to go with the 'other' dealer and they questioned if i was getting lied to lol. they were thousands higher
- Koons Sterling
- Frederick Motor Company

Ted Britt contacts, both were good to work with
- Jack Armbruster (sales rep)
- Mason Andress (internet rep)

If the $16k-$17k for a '16 is not a typo, then that's a no brainer... Especially if you are fine with a base model ST which last I knew stickered at $21k. Used ones sell for higher than that that I have seen. I paid $25k for my ST because I wanted specific options and ordered it as such but if you're not picky then that's a great deal. I don't know where you could possibly find a better deal than that.

I have a helpful bit of advice from my purchase last year.

Go to ford.com and use their search dealer inventory link. From there you can see the cars in stock around your location. You'll see the information for the car. You can look at the window sticker and see the manufacture date. Look for the oldest dates, and you'll most likely find the cars you can get for the lowest price. I did this in Seattle and bought a completely loaded TB for $21002 OTD with the incentives. It took a while, but was worth the effort. I used the money I saved to justify $$$ mods.

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
I have a helpful bit of advice from my purchase last year.

Go to ford.com and use their search dealer inventory link. From there you can see the cars in stock around your location. You'll see the information for the car. You can look at the window sticker and see the manufacture date. Look for the oldest dates, and you'll most likely find the cars you can get for the lowest price. I did this in Seattle and bought a completely loaded TB for $21002 OTD with the incentives. It took a while, but was worth the effort. I used the money I saved to justify $$$ mods.
That's a great idea.

I've looked at a bunch of window stickers. Where on the sticker is the build date? I must be missing it somehow.

Thanks!

That's a great idea.

I've looked at a bunch of window stickers. Where on the sticker is the build date? I must be missing it somehow.

Thanks!
At the bottom middle of the sticker are numbers and letters. The last 6 digits there are the month day and year of production.

An example would be random letters and numbers with a
11 15 15 at the end. Car made on November 15th 2015. Or thereabouts.

Actually, that's the date the Window Sticker was printed. Usually the build date is a few days or so later.

I'm in the process of researching and looking for my FiST. And have been looking for inventory sitting for a while to try and get a good deal on. That's how I came across what that date is.

Most likely a one way plane ticket to Koon's is how I'll get my best deal, but I'm a few months away from being able to do anything anyways :(

Good luck and enjoy!

pwnall1337

Vendor
bought it april 2015, sticker of $25,730

Other dealers i negotiated with below for comparable cars, both said they couldn't go any lower and to go with the 'other' dealer and they questioned if i was getting lied to lol. they were thousands higher
- Koons Sterling
- Frederick Motor Company

Ted Britt contacts, both were good to work with
- Jack Armbruster (sales rep)
- Mason Andress (internet rep)
Did it have recaros?

There's only 4 options i can think of

recaros
black wheels
moon roof
nav

I paid $22,200 with 1k in rebate on a moonroof/nav/black wheel 16. Holdback on these cars is like $650 and markup over invoice is like $440.

Just remember it is VERY common for the price to up from the advertised when you get there. Advertised prices usually have ALL available discounts (college grad, military, owners loyalty, etc) that many won't qualify for and then get added back in. And you won't be told that over the phone, you'll just get hit with it once you're there. So just be careful.

There are some local differences because of sales tax, not the rate but how its applied.
Since the sales tax on a car like this can be well over $1500, it's an important consideration.

For example Nevada taxes the down payment and the incentives on a lease, along with the monthly payments.
So you never pay sales tax on the full price of the vehicle, unless you buy it at the end of the lease.
If you have a trade in and finance it, then you only pay sales tax on the difference between the car you are buying and the trade in.

And Fords web site is great, showing everything in stock at nearby dealers.

Friendly Ford in Las Vegas, seems to have a decent stock of 2016 Fiesta ST's
With rebates and discounts Selling them about 3000 under Sticker.
Plus Ford Credit makes a very optimistic assumption about residual value, so I was able to lease one for under $200 per month including taxes.
Ask for the Hawaiian Kid.

Sands Ford of Red Hill, PA had a so-called "construction sale" when I purchased mine. Knocked like $1,700 off my 2016 model. I purchased in June. Also 0% financing so I couldn't turn down free money.