Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FYI on FiST deal I just got today...

Trade my '15 Mustang GT with performance package for new Magnetic 16. When I started looking there were 8 available on autotrader and now there are 4 just a few days later. I bought one of the last ones on a dealer lot in the area.
They had it priced down to $17,455. I got a very fair trade offer on the Mustang, because of the trade value I had no sales tax on the new car, and 0% for 72 months, free money!

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
wow. Never seen someone go from a New GT to a FiST. May I ask what was the reason for the change? I actually went to trade my 2015 Oxford White FiST in for a 2015 GT. However, after driving it, I changed my mind. After being accustomed to the FiST's razor sharp reflexes, the Mustang felt big and pondering in comparison. Also it did not feel all that quick to me. My FiST at the time was Stage 3 running on an E-30 protune. Welcome to the forum.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Sure thing, it is a big change but the Mustang was my first domestic sports car, most of my history with cars was around older M3's and Porsche's. The S550 was the first modern Mustang I could appreciate, loved the looks, 5.0 with a modern engine design and over 400hp, and a proper independent rear suspension. BUT, the suspension is really not very good for spirited driving and I got tired of waiting on decent moderately priced options from Koni and Bilstein and just decided to move on. Sure the power was wonderful but the bounce on the highway and just general poor damper/spring performance kills it in many ways for someone that's a handling junky.

I really like hot hatches and lighter cars. I've owned an 09 Fit sport that I just loved even though it lacked balls, several sub-3,000# M3's for track work, 944 turbo's, a couple of S2000's which were wonderful cars, a Mini Cooper JCW, and my favorite was a 91 318is with a 95 M3 drivetrain in it. I have more fun in smaller cars with good handling/steering/braking and in the 2,600# range.

If they sold a Fit RS in the states with about 30-40 more hp I'd probably be driving it but the next best thing was the FiST. And the car is so frickin' cheap its a no brainer.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Sure thing, it is a big change but the Mustang was my first domestic sports car, most of my history with cars was around older M3's and Porsche's. The S550 was the first modern Mustang I could appreciate, loved the looks, 5.0 with a modern engine design and over 400hp, and a proper independent rear suspension. BUT, the suspension is really not very good for spirited driving and I got tired of waiting on decent moderately priced options from Koni and Bilstein and just decided to move on. Sure the power was wonderful but the bounce on the highway and just general poor damper/spring performance kills it in many ways for someone that's a handling junky.

I really like hot hatches and lighter cars. I've owned an 09 Fit sport that I just loved even though it lacked balls, several sub-3,000# M3's for track work, 944 turbo's, a couple of S2000's which were wonderful cars, a Mini Cooper JCW, and my favorite was a 91 318is with a 95 M3 drivetrain in it. I have more fun in smaller cars with good handling/steering/braking and in the 2,600# range.

If they sold a Fit RS in the states with about 30-40 more hp I'd probably be driving it but the next best thing was the FiST. And the car is so frickin' cheap its a no brainer.
Well I have news for you. You'll still be bouncing around in the FiST. The shock/damper valving is not really up to par for the car and it bucks around a lot on uneven pavement. Coilovers will be among the fist of your mods i'm sure. The good thing is that most options will run you around $1,000 for fully adjustable coilovers. I would recommend BC Racing unless you want to go with KW Variants which are more money, but worth it. The car is a blast. Just make sure you get an Accessport and an intercooler as your first mods. This car does not like heat and you're in Texas, so you, like me know what hot is. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with the car as it truly is the most fun vehicle I have owned. NOT the fastest, but most fun. This is the car that made me give FWD a consideration after coming from RWD and AWD vehicles. Starting to prep mine for some track duty as I hear they do well for themselves on a track. Good luck and keep us posted on whatever you do to yours.

Cheers
Vinny

[}(] My first car was a DS 318is and I had an S52 ready to swap in...you're making me regret my decisions.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Agreed on the bounciness of the stock suspension, but there are quick options available for that. I'd say if you don't have the money for the coilovers up front look into getting aftermarket springs. They make a huge difference. Improvements on ride, better traction, handling acceleration, and the bounce is gone too...they lower the car a bit so you also get an improved look out of it. Some like eibach, h&r, or mountune. Overall I suppose it just depends on how low you want to go, but it's some thing worth looking in to.

Sent using Tapatalk