Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rota Titan?

Just showed up today. Last set of 17x8 4x108 +40 flat black I could find. Already installed the hub centric rings in them, just waiting for tires to come off back order

Attachments

Hey guys, quick fyi. I have these wheels in 17x8 with 215/40/17 yokohama neova AD08R's. I'm on mountune springs and rub slightly on compression on the plastic wheel liners right where it sits next to the fender lip. Rubbing occurs more on compression when going over dips at speed than in turns. Currently around 1.2 deg neg camber and I'm not really sure squeezing more camber is really going to clear the tires of the liner. I may try it or just trim the liner back. Also the yoko's have a much more squared shoulder than the stock tires in addition to being much wider so that doesn't help.

If you get these wheels I'd suggest running slightly narrower 215's or more camber (coilovers w/ adj plates would help here). Anyways, the issue is very slight but I thought ppl would like to know.
Damn, this is the setup I was going to run. 😩

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Just showed up today. Last set of 17x8 4x108 +40 flat black I could find. Already installed the hub centric rings in them, just waiting for tires to come off back order
I got a spare care I could sell to bad your in Pittsburg.:ROFLMAO:

Damn, this is the setup I was going to run. 😩
Tell you a secret they look better in semi gloss. I owned Flatback they looked dirty all the time.:LOL:

Pros:
  • Look amazing
  • Hub centric and 17x8 fitment (from what I gather this is quite rare for these wheels)
  • Light at 16.2 lbs per wheels
  • Seem to be structurally well made
Cons:
  • Center caps come off the front due to tabs melting from brake heat
  • Finish is quite poor as they flake pretty easily from road debris. Also the spray on the inner barrel is quite thin and inconsistent, like they didn't do multiple coats
  • Mine also came out of balance last year. Not sure if thats a wheel issue or due to roads around here but worth mentioning
I like them and I still think they look really good on my car, but I am thinking about selling them. Mainly due to space (I have 6 sets of wheels and tires between my two cars!) and I dont use them as much in the summer as I thought I would.
Seriously, the brake heat caused the center caps to melt? Anything else heat caused?

Thinking about picking these wheels up, seeing some issues though on this thread. With it being 2024 now anyone still rocking the Titans? And if so are we still seeing the balancing issue?

Got them June 2020. But I only have maybe 8000 miles on them. Maybe a little more.
Thank you! I’m assuming maybe the issues have been just aggressive driving like tracking or maybe just hitting potholes, curbs, bumps etc. too hard? I really want to pick up a set of bronze for my White FiST but I’d prefer not to throw $800+ down the drain for only a year. Also how does your fiesta ride before and after? Sorry for the questions I just really want to make sure before I commit lol

Thank you! I’m assuming maybe the issues have been just aggressive driving like tracking or maybe just hitting potholes, curbs, bumps etc. too hard? I really want to pick up a set of bronze for my White FiST but I’d prefer not to throw $800+ down the drain for only a year. Also how does your fiesta ride before and after? Sorry for the questions I just really want to make sure before I commit lol
I (still) have the actual OEM tires, so there was zero ride change for me. My ride changes came from suspension.
They are pretty light wheels so it’s possible they don’t hold up to frequent pothole smashing. I occasionally hit the canyons and drive the car hard but that’s really not that often. So actual daily driving, and rough roads? I dunno.

I (still) have the actual OEM tires, so there was zero ride change for me. My ride changes came from suspension.
They are pretty light wheels so it’s possible they don’t hold up to frequent pothole smashing. I occasionally hit the canyons and drive the car hard but that’s really not that often. So actual daily driving, and rough roads? I dunno.
Hmmm okay seems your driving habits are the same as mine. Don’t commute very far for work and mainly used as a fun errand runner. With the occasional spirited drive in the canyons. Thank you so much for quick responses man I really appreciate it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I had Titans in fact still have two of them a certain section of the 110 Freeway took 2 out and yes if you hit potholes with them they will go out of round. Up in Simi that’s probably not an issue but in LA it can be. My Dekagrams have held up longer. Though the Dekagram is a stronger wheel due to the flow form design ( semi forged) vs the cast design of Titans. Still love the look of the Titans but also totally in love with how 16’s with a 45 aspect ratio. rides.