Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rota Titan?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thanks! [thumb]

Did you use any hub-centric rings, or just carefully centered them as you were lightening the lugs?

Again, those wheels are just sick on that car!! [cool] [drool]
Not my car, so I have no idea.

You should always use hub centric rings. They are easy to find.

Hey guys, quick fyi. I have these wheels in 17x8 with 215/40/17 yokohama neova AD08R's. I'm on mountune springs and rub slightly on compression on the plastic wheel liners right where it sits next to the fender lip. Rubbing occurs more on compression when going over dips at speed than in turns. Currently around 1.2 deg neg camber and I'm not really sure squeezing more camber is really going to clear the tires of the liner. I may try it or just trim the liner back. Also the yoko's have a much more squared shoulder than the stock tires in addition to being much wider so that doesn't help.

If you get these wheels I'd suggest running slightly narrower 215's or more camber (coilovers w/ adj plates would help here). Anyways, the issue is very slight but I thought ppl would like to know.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey guys, quick fyi. I have these wheels in 17x8 with 215/40/17 yokohama neova AD08R's. I'm on mountune springs and rub slightly on compression on the plastic wheel liners right where it sits next to the fender lip. Rubbing occurs more on compression when going over dips at speed than in turns. Currently around 1.2 deg neg camber and I'm not really sure squeezing more camber is really going to clear the tires of the liner. I may try it or just trim the liner back. Also the yoko's have a much more squared shoulder than the stock tires in addition to being much wider so that doesn't help.

If you get these wheels I'd suggest running slightly narrower 215's or more camber (coilovers w/ adj plates would help here). Anyways, the issue is very slight but I thought ppl would like to know.

What offset are they, 40, or is that the only way they make this size/PCD??

That IS a nice tire, sticky 180 TW, good width, and GREAT weight for the size, but DANG, almost $200.00 EACH! [crazyeye]

Those look surprisingly good, there's always the question over the construction and durability of Rota though...

Those look surprisingly good, there's always the question over the construction and durability of Rota though...
Rota is used in the race world, there was a local shop to me whom used only rota wheels on their time attack Impreza. So, I wouldn't question the construction. Rotas aren't considered light compared to their real counterparts.

RaptorRacing

Vendor
So I bought a set of these about 6 months ago, I didn't get a chance to get some decent shots:

Yes they are very light, 17x7.5 and just over 16lbs, the 2 pictures I have don't do it justice...they look absolutely amazing. Noooow for the bad news: 2 weeks after getting them I ran over a muffler at about 80mph. I'll won't jump on any bandwagon one way or another but I'll say this:

• I ran over a muffler that JUST fell off a truck doing 80mph
  • It was the most violent thing I've experience in a car outside of a full accident
  • The car (and I guess driver) where in complete control. It tracked straight as an arrow, I've had flats that were more dramatic
  • I was able to calmly and smoothly get to the shoulder

Front Wheel...took the brunt of it and crushed the muffler

Rear Wheel...not as bad:

I know there are Rota haters out there that will surely jump in and say: "see...told you they were crap". If anyone has any data/pix on $3000 forged rims running over a muffler at 80mph I'd love to see the "damage". I'd have NO hesitation buying these again. Why you ask? I'm alive and there is not 1 other scratch on the car, as far as I'm concerned they did their job and NO rim would have survived that. I've personally seen $3000 Volk get their asses handed to them with less of an impact. The only reason I didn't buy 2 more is they were on back order so bought these instead:

That being said I have 2 in mint shape...guess I should try to sell them sooner or later.

Enjoy the carnage!!

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
So I bought a set of these about 6 months ago, I didn't get a chance to get some decent shots:

Yes they are very light, 17x7.5 and just over 16lbs, the 2 pictures I have don't do it justice...they look absolutely amazing. Noooow for the bad news: 2 weeks after getting them I ran over a muffler at about 80mph. I'll won't jump on any bandwagon one way or another but I'll say this:

• I ran over a muffler that JUST fell off a truck doing 80mph
  • It was the most violent thing I've experience in a car outside of a full accident
  • The car (and I guess driver) where in complete control. It tracked straight as an arrow, I've had flats that were more dramatic
  • I was able to calmly and smoothly get to the shoulder

Front Wheel...took the brunt of it and crushed the muffler

Rear Wheel...not as bad:

I know there are Rota haters out there that will surely jump in and say: "see...told you they were crap". If anyone has any data/pix on $3000 forged rims running over a muffler at 80mph I'd love to see the "damage". I'd have NO hesitation buying these again. Why you ask? I'm alive and there is not 1 other scratch on the car, as far as I'm concerned they did their job and NO rim would have survived that. I've personally seen $3000 Volk get their asses handed to them with less of an impact. The only reason I didn't buy 2 more is they were on back order so bought these instead:

That being said I have 2 in mint shape...guess I should try to sell them sooner or later.

Enjoy the carnage!!
That sucks. Thanks for sharing though. Good luck with the new set of rims. Those do weigh a bit more than the Rotas, but look good especially on Tux Black.

RaptorRacing

Vendor
That sucks. Thanks for sharing though. Good luck with the new set of rims. Those do weigh a bit more than the Rotas, but look good especially on Tux Black.
Yeah...I wish I could have got another pair but wasn't willing to wait as they weren't sure when the next batch was coming in.

R5T2

The 17x8 wheels I have are about 17lbs....definitely much lighter than the stock wheels.

@RaptorRacing How did you get your center caps to fit? The back of the center caps that came with my wheels have interference with the hub.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I know there are Rota haters out there that will surely jump in and say: "see...told you they were crap". If anyone has any data/pix on $3000 forged rims running over a muffler at 80mph I'd love to see the "damage". I'd have NO hesitation buying these again. Why you ask? I'm alive and there is not 1 other scratch on the car, as far as I'm concerned they did their job and NO rim would have survived that. I've personally seen $3000 Volk get their asses handed to them with less of an impact.
YES, THANK YOU, and that goes TRIPLE for the light 'flow formed, rotary cast' wheels everyone on here touts as the saviors of the rolling stock world! [thumb]

But of course they would say that those said wheels would not only be untouched by that impact, but would be more true/round after it than before. [histerical] [rolleyes]

RaptorRacing

Vendor
YES, THANK YOU, and that goes TRIPLE for the light 'flow formed, rotary cast' wheels everyone on here touts as the saviors of the rolling stock world! [thumb]

But of course they would say that those said wheels would not only be untouched by that impact, but would be more true/round after it than before. [histerical] [rolleyes]
Had a "debate" with someone who was trying to convince me that a forged rim would have "taken the hit better". When I asked if he thought the rim would still be destroyed he agreed it would be, so I'm not really sure with that in mind how it would be better: destroyed but less destroyed? I'm not delusional, the build quality and strength of a forged vs cast rim is obviously significant...but when it comes to running over metal at 80mph destroyed is destroyed.

The 17x8 wheels I have are about 17lbs....definitely much lighter than the stock wheels.

@RaptorRacing How did you get your center caps to fit? The back of the center caps that came with my wheels have interference with the hub.
Didn't have to do anything, they just fit perfectly. What's the offset of the 17x8's?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Had a "debate" with someone who was trying to convince me that a forged rim would have "taken the hit better". When I asked if he thought the rim would still be destroyed he agreed it would be, so I'm not really sure with that in mind how it would be better: destroyed but less destroyed? I'm not delusional, the build quality and strength of a forged vs cast rim is obviously significant...but when it comes to running over metal at 80mph destroyed is destroyed.
x1000!

But the 'faithful' on here would have you believe (as they do) that their pressure cast gems would have survived that hit PERFECTLY! [histerical]

R5T2

Didn't have to do anything, they just fit perfectly. What's the offset of the 17x8's?
Offset for the 17x8 is 40. The threaded shaft of the hub hits the back of the center cap.

RaptorRacing

Vendor
x1000!

But the 'faithful' on here would have you believe (as they do) that their pressure cast gems would have survived that hit PERFECTLY! [histerical]
Yup but ask that same guy if he'd trust that rim to run over a muffler at 80mph and you'd hear crickets for a response. I'm very sure that most people would look at those pictures of my busted rim vow to never buy Rota's. Having gone through the experience I'm personally could not have expected anything else...the rims took the brunt of the hit but held together enough to get me to the side of the road with no effort. I would almost suggest if these were indestructible it might have ended up a lot worse...but I'm not engineer so I'll just leave it at that.