Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rota Titan?

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
They also make 17x7.5 at 16lbs. May end up pulling the trigger.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those ARE sweet! (And fairly light for their sizes. :) )

I did notice them when on Rota's site, but worried that any tire I would want to use on them would rub/scrape like crazy.

WILL a wide(r) 215/40-17 on those clear everything, even on a lowered ST (by like 3/4" all around)??

Will a 25" tall, 225/45-17 tire fit at all, even under a stock ride height car?

IF so there are a ****-ton of GREAT tires made in that size, including the Rival S, RE-71R, Star Spec 2, Ecsta V720, etc., although with most of them being at ~23 lbs. in mass, they will raise the ire of the un-sprung weight conscious on here.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Nice looking wheel and very low weight and OK price point.

BUT, I recommend looking into a few things, considering some, etc....

Search for specific issues like cracked wheels for that particular one as some Rota wheels have tended to do so.

Going to lower weight wheels then adding some of that back in the tire and the larger the diameter the more the effect, moving the mass further out, it will add more stress on the brakes and acceleration will be decreased which can and likely will negate any gain in overall grip from a bit wider tread.

The taller the tire the more it effects the gear ratio so it can lead to lower acceleration numbers as well but for autocrossers being able to stay in second gear instead of a quick shift up and down and less feedback can also negate any gain in added lateral grip.

As stated many times look at the weight and diameter but also the actual section width and tread width as those last two can be hugely misleading if you go by the sidewall numbers, some 225's are narrower than some 205's I have seen and there is a 195 that works great on an 8" wheel, things can be that far off.

I know I keep talking about this stuff on many threads and the main reason why is some have not seen the other posts and are new or not well informed when it comes to such matters and the simple fact that we cannot ignore physics, if we place style over performance there will be a degradation to the car and wheels and tires encompass all areas of performance, ride and wear and tare on the chassis.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Oh wise wheel Sensei. Lol. I know I can count on Rick to show up on a new wheel thread. Tell em Rick. Preach.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I was going to stay stock 205/40 on this wheel setup. However, I was Gna order 17x7.5 Vs the 8. Wider track from the offset may helps tad. Lighter will help overall feel.

It's not that it isn't true, it's just exhaustingly pedantic.

As far as the wheels go, I like them! 40 offset on an 8" is about perfect in my book.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone make hub centric rings to make up for the larger hub bores on these?

I know they aren't absolutely necessary, but just in case someone wants to run them. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
+1!

That IS SWEET!! [twothumb]

That is almost too good looking (if there were such a thing!).

Those wheels transform the WHOLE car!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Right now, these are about the only wheels which could sway me away from the 1.2s (unless Konig decided to make the Helix in both this size, and a 15x8 with OUR bolt pattern-which is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to EVER happen!). [wink]