Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Input on MBRP for daily driving...

I love mine! and yes its loud when you open her up but sounds nice
as for freeway driving yes its all in throttle pressure like some one stated some times im cruising at 75 and cant even hear it but
once you go oh you'll hear it [8D]

You can't go wrong with mbrp exhaust. My buddy has one and it has a nice sound. Not annoyingly loud, although I went with Borla because I want a more deep tone.

DaveG99

If you want to hear it first hand drive on down to forney and Ill take you for a ride in my car. Im like 15 minutes from Rockwall. Or maybe Ill see you at one of the North Texas ST meet ups. Im at every COBB first thursday meet. I love my MBRP. I actually wish it was louder sometimes.

A couple questions for you guys regarding the MBRP Exhaust -

Should I get T304 Stainless or T409?

Also, what downpipe is the best combo with this exhaust?

With the stock downpipe is the drone still bad? And I want a louder exhaust, but one that wont piss me off DDing. I was thinking about CP-E but that is so many monies, and the FSWerks just doesn't sound as good to me. The problem is I've seen some issues with quality from MBRP in other threads, so I'm wondering how everyone is doing with that. If I do get one it would be the 304 because stainless but is there that big of a difference between it and the 409?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A couple questions for you guys regarding the MBRP Exhaust -

Should I get T304 Stainless or T409?

Also, what downpipe is the best combo with this exhaust?
IF your car is a year 'round daily driver, I would opt for the 304 system to better deal with/handle the salt soup winter conditions of the midwestern 'rust belt'.

IF a summer/weekend only 'garage queen' type use ride, you can easily get away with the 409 system.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I do get one it would be the 304 because stainless but is there that big of a difference between it and the 409?
The 304 system will look, and STAY prettier than the 409, but, where you're located, the 409 will most likely last forever as well, with barely any surface stains, or corrosion.

The 304 system will look, and STAY prettier than the 409, but, where you're located, the 409 will most likely last forever as well, with barely any surface stains, or corrosion.
I go snowboarding a lot so I'd probably go stainless just to be safe. Just want to know how it is with drone, I want something loud but not so bad that I'll go insane. I've seen good reviews, bad ones, and some problems with quality which make me hesitant, but the MBRP does sound like a rally car and I want that. I don't think I'll change my stock DP so I want to know how it is with that.

If you're thinking of buying MBRp , check out whoosh motorsports, cheapest price you'll ever find. I bought my exhaust from them and it was delivered on time etc:)
Do they sell the CP-E on their site or did you trade it in for the MBRP? That price looks mighty appealing...

grnmachine02

So all of those saying that titanium tubing (over in the Tomei system thread) really does have a noticeably different 'sound' to it than 304 stainless are not hallucinating?!
I can't speak to the aluminized vs stainless on the MBRP, but I can tell you that a c5 zo6 has titanium exhaust from the factory, and it sounds vastly different than a stainless system. Almost has a tinny sound, especially when using stainless headers and midpipe but factory mufflers.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can't speak to the aluminized vs stainless on the MBRP, but I can tell you that a c5 zo6 has titanium exhaust from the factory, and it sounds vastly different than a stainless system. Almost has a tinny sound, especially when using stainless headers and midpipe but factory mufflers.
Did it sound different than the stock, iron manifolded, 409 stainless, factory, LS1 equipped C5s when it was still on the cast iron exhaust manifolds, and titanium mid pipe as well??

(And YES, I know of the cam/heads/valve train differences in the LS6 vs. the LS1, and how they would effect the sound. ;) )

grnmachine02

Did it sound different than the stock, iron manifolded, 409 stainless, factory, LS1 equipped C5s when it was still on the cast iron exhaust manifolds, and titanium mid pipe as well??
I think it did. It didn't have that usual Chevy sound. It had tone, which was nice to hear. A little raspy, but not the usual LS1 "loud as hell with no real sound" that I'm used to hearing.

grnmachine02

Got it installed last night. There is a touch of drone, but in my opinion not a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong, it's loud, but not nearly as loud as some of the reviews were making it out to be. Compared to the tomb like silence of the stock Fiesta, it is absolutely louder. It actually seems louder the lower in the revs you are. Cruising in 60th around 2500 rpm and I couldn't hear it over the radio.

Would I but it again? Yep. It sounds awesome. The fact that it ended up being almost $400 less than others on the market made it an easy choice.

Edit:// I'm wondering if the 2500 rpm drone, when accelerating not cruising, is actually the symposer and the exhaust resonance fighting with each other and creating a not so desirable sound. I'll disconnect the symposer tube tonight for the drive home and report back.

Sorry to revive a dead post but I wanted to post that I have the stainless MBRP on mine now with an Injen intake and the car sounds fantastic and is surprisingly quiet inside the vehicle when just driving around. I love it.