Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Input on MBRP for daily driving...

I've had my FiST for a few days now and its so damned quiet I can hardly hear when to shift. I traded a '15 Mustang GT with MBRP 3" cat back and it was great for daily driving and almost half the price of anything else decent. Any reason not to buy their exhaust for the FiST?
I do some minor commuting and occasional stints up to an hour on the highway cruising around 75mph.

If the consensus is that its crap I can pick up a Cobb set-up but id its pretty good then I'd rather save a couple hundred bucks to use towards the suspension. The car is a 16 and all stock, I may do software upgrades later but will not get too crazy with the car, would like to keep the warranty intact for a while.

It drones at 3k, but I don't really notice it anymore. It has a happy burble at idle, sounds awesome as my Stratified tune makes my neutral rev getting ready to launch sound like a rally car, and at full throttle it screams.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
If you're thinking of buying MBRp , check out whoosh motorsports, cheapest price you'll ever find. I bought my exhaust from them and it was delivered on time etc:)

Mine is definitely loud but I love it. The drone on the highway is really about throttle pressure. You can be going 75-80 with little throttle pressure and it's not that loud. Put your foot down a little bit more and your head may rattle. It really comes down to personal preference. Imo it sounds great at WOT and deceleration. All of my friends love the way my car sounds.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Is there much of a benefit in paying the premium for the stainless MBRP over the aluminized thats around $390?
Same performance, sound, and close weight?

I've done a ton of research for this myself, the ones I've found that I actually like the sound of, and the ones that don't drone, and just asking people their opinions. From all that I think its down to CP-E and FSWerks, I'm probably going CP-E just because I think its the best sounding exhaust

I'm torn between Cobb and MBRP as well. But their is no one in my area with either I can listen to so I am trying to go off of videos and it is not thenough same. Makes me sad. Lol.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It depends on the material you pick. The standard aluminized version doesn't drone.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I wouldn't want to do aluminized cause I make random trips up north and it does snow a bit where I am at.
I live in Illinois. I've had the aluminized version for what will be the third winter. Sure, it's not pretty to look at, but there's nothing that's been rusted through. I understand your hesitance though.

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
I bought the aluminumized, I'm in Dallas and not worried about corrosion. It's cheap enough that if I don't like it I can sell easily and buy something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the aluminized one really doesn't drone? I thought they were all the same. That is the cheapest one they offer right? It is less than $400 from some stores.

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
I'll delete symposia when I install it!

OP
M
Thread Starter #17
Sound isn't dependent on tube material bluebullet