Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune RMM

Hello everybody, new member here. Just some quick questions about the mountune rmm. I installed the motor mount about a week ago and noticed some creaking at low speeds, so I double checked all the hardware. Everything was tight, but I retorque'd all the hardware down anyways to be on the safe side. However I'm still getting the creaking sound as the engine moves at low speed, Parking lot speeds and 1st-3rd slow shifting. Spirited driving I love how the mount feels, but this creaking is driving me crazy. I've never used polyurethane mounts before, is this normal? Does the mount need some more miles to break in? or Is it install error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

It's been brought up by others before. Seems that some people get the squeak while others don't. Mountune recommends using white lithium grease:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10242-Mountune-RMM-Issues

I'm about to install mine this weekend after having the COBB mount, hoping for a squeak free experience. Oddly enough, the COBB nvh just got worse the more it broke in.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If you have teh creaking sound (btw I do not and never had) and it is from the RMM (only way to make sure is to either swap the mount to the stock or get under the vehicle while it is of and try to move the engine) either disassemble it an add silicone or lithium (rubber/plastic safe) grease to all the friction points or just try a silicone or lithium spray with the part in place. Taking it apart is more effective long term as you can put more lucubration.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Thank you guys, I will get some lithium grease and try that.
Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again,
Tim

It's been brought up by others before. Seems that some people get the squeak while others don't. Mountune recommends using white lithium grease:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10242-Mountune-RMM-Issues

I'm about to install mine this weekend after having the COBB mount, hoping for a squeak free experience. Oddly enough, the COBB nvh just got worse the more it broke in.
I knew I wasn't crazy my COBB mount feels exact same way!

Try putting your stock one back on for a bit. You'll be amazed at how much the nvh ruins daily driving.
I wish I could I don't have the tools to do so but I get the vibration bad with the A/C I almost have to ride the clutch or it vibrates and boggs alot

I've had the Cobb RMM on since about 400 miles and I've never heard a squeak, creak, or rattle. Some vibration with the AC on, but not bad, and the other mounts are supposedly much worse with vibrations. Do date I haven't read a review on here of a RMM that's as quiet and vibration free as the Cobb. Unless I missed something?

My COBB got worse the longer it was on the car. It was actually worse than the C-PE mount I had on my FoST.

I have to re-check mine because sometimes it's fine and sometimes it sounds like my engine is going to fall out.

My COBB got worse the longer it was on the car. It was actually worse than the C-PE mount I had on my FoST.
Hmmm......have not heard that from too many folks here. I assume that when you had it, you checked installation, tightened it, etc? I've double checked mine several times when under the car for oil change, etc. and the bolts are as tight as the day installed. Really hard to imagine how a mount like this could degrade over time, unless you are really hard on the car (track car, etc)?

Everything was torqued properly. It's possible that what I consider to be too much NVH is perfectly acceptable to others. When I had my FoST I went with TTR mounts all around. After long drives I'd be dizzy getting out of the car from my inner ear fluid being spun by all the vibrations. There were people with the same setup as me claiming that it was only a minor increase in NVH over stock.
Spending half the time in my car spent with the A/C on in traffic, I really appreciate not having the rattling. Just going to give the Mountune RMM a shot because a lot of reviews say it's more mild than the COBB.

I would say that vibration is virtually undetectable without AC on the Cobb. With AC on at idle you can feel vibration, but it's very mild and not bothersome at all.

Do you guys that are experiencing worse vibrations have any other mods that may contribute (bracing, side engine mounts, etc) ?

koozy

3000 Post Club
I've got OE both the trans and motor mounts filled with 80A eurathane along with a Cobb RMM and there's negligible difference over just having the Cobb RMM alone, which is pretty smooth to begin with. It's pretty damn smooth. Those complaining about vibs from the Cobb RMM should probably re-check their install.

Izzy

I've rechecked mine at least 4 times... still can't get rid of it and it's getting worse as time passes.

I installed mine about 2 weeks ago and love it. I have not got any squeaks, but mine did come with some grease that I liberally applied to the bushing. When I turn off the traction control, I no longer get that loud band between first and second and the shifts are noticeably more precise especially in lower gears.

The grease was white and very thick, so I assume it was lithium grease.