Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accel Junky's Magnetic Build Thread

OP
A
Thread Starter #121
Nitto does not make a 215/40-17 in either their NT-05, or their NT-01, only the pedestrian, all season, but much praised on here, Neo Gen. [:(]
Yeah, I just noticed. Kinda bummed :(

I definitely need way more traction at the track. In fact, I should probably hunt down some track wheels and mount R comps on them and carry them to the track. I think my wife is already going to kill me with all these latest parts though...she doesn't even know yet. Had them delivered to work [smoking]

OP
A
Thread Starter #122
Ordered Maxton stuff on Monday. Shipped Tuesday from the UK.

Communication was great. No complaints about doing business with them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just noticed. Kinda bummed :(

I definitely need way more traction at the track. In fact, I should probably hunt down some track wheels and mount R comps on them and carry them to the track. I think my wife is already going to kill me with all these latest parts though...she doesn't even know yet. Had them delivered to work [smoking]
You should get an LSD to get more traction.

Nice build BTW.

OP
A
Thread Starter #125
This morning I got the Maxton lip and wing extension installed. I also put the Cobb RMM back on and my lightweight battery back in. Except for the brake ducts, I've got everything back on that I reversed before taking the car to the dealer.

I need to get a buddy to help with the Wilwood kit (for bleeding) and then I'll have everything done for now. At some point I'll want to upsize the tires and add a Cobb AP and bigger FMIC. Otherwise I will continue to find things to save weight for free or little cost.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That wing extension is nice, it is a Gurney flap-like addition which might actually add a slight bit of rear downforce! [thumb]

I wish that their splitter extended out about another 1.5" to 2" further to the front, even though yes, that would make it MUCH easier to damage on the street than the current one.

The car looks GREAT overall though with the Rotas on it (and will look that much better yet with some wide, and slightly taller sidewall, 215/40s on them), and makes me feel satisfied with my color choice. ;)

You lucky son of a gun! I ordered my maxton lip tuesday it shipped wendsday and arrived today. It arrived... fucking broke in half (shitty UPS handling of the package). It looks damn good though man [twothumb]

OP
A
Thread Starter #128
That wing extension is nice, it is a Gurney flap-like addition which might actually add a slight bit of rear downforce! [thumb]

I wish that their splitter extended out about another 1.5" to 2" further to the front, even though yes, that would make it MUCH easier to damage on the street than the current one.

The car looks GREAT overall though with the Rotas on it (and will look that much better yet with some wide, and slightly taller sidewall, 215/40s on them), and makes me feel satisfied with my color choice. ;)
Totally agree. Love the splitter but wouldn't mind just a little more poke to the front. That was my exact thinking with this spoiler extension: gurney flap downforce gains. Plus I think it looks far better than the alternatives.

You lucky son of a gun! I ordered my maxton lip tuesday it shipped wendsday and arrived today. It arrived... fucking broke in half (shitty UPS handling of the package). It looks damn good though man [twothumb]
The box both of mine came in was pretty robust. I'm guessing UPS must have jumped in the middle of yours whilst it was propped on two sawhorses lol

This morning I got the Maxton lip and wing extension installed. I also put the Cobb RMM back on and my lightweight battery back in. Except for the brake ducts, I've got everything back on that I reversed before taking the car to the dealer.

I need to get a buddy to help with the Wilwood kit (for bleeding) and then I'll have everything done for now. At some point I'll want to upsize the tires and add a Cobb AP and bigger FMIC. Otherwise I will continue to find things to save weight for free or little cost.
That splitter looks great, and the price is right, and it's plastic too. Definitely going the Maxton route, looks good.

OP
A
Thread Starter #131
Well...I tried to remove my airbag labels on the visors. Lets just say a heat gun did not work. So I dissected the decals and concluded they weren't going to come off without some serious measures. Now I have a visor delete...

OP
A
Thread Starter #133
IF you have a strong enough 'bolder tint', and sunglasses, you may not even notice them missing.
Yeah, I always have sunglasses in the car and I could look at getting a tint strip or the windshield tinted if it bothers me.

OP
A
Thread Starter #134
Tonight I put the Wilwood kit on. I still need a spare hand to help me re-bleed the brakes but at least everything is installed. I'm excited to see if I can feel a difference on the road with the unsprung weight loss.

Unfortunately...I got the plain rotors but ordered the drilled/slotted. Not going to mess with it.

As such, the total weight loss ended up being a few pounds less than expected: -19.33 lbs (thought it would be 22 total but that must be with drilled/slotted rotors). I'm probably going to top off the gas tomorrow and put it back on the scales to double check my total weight loss to date.

Couple of notes:

- I think it would've been impossible to install without the Wilwood brake line kit. I'm glad I went back and ordered it.
- The fasteners from the rotor hat to the rotor stripped easily. They are torx bit. Very frustrating. Recommend getting equivalent fasteners with a hex head perhaps.
- Instructions called for red Loctite which I did not have, recommend having that on hand before install. I used blue for now.
- Took me about 3 hours to do the install with air tools working at a pretty good pace.
- The front Rota center caps no longer fully seat due to the axle. This leads me to believe that the Wilwood rotor hat is a few mm thinner than OEM and thus I got a couple mm of offset effective back. Debating on whether to buy a 2-3mm spacer to get the caps to fit back or if there is a way I can grind down the inside face of the center cap a little to clear.

You make the strangest friends working on cars...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those Wilwoods are NICE!!

12.19" rotor kit?

I'd like to get those somewhere along the line as well.

The solid rotors, although very slightly heavier, are better for open tracking as far as resisting stress risers go, and they do give you that little extra bit of swept area as well. ;)

OP
A
Thread Starter #137
Those Wilwoods are NICE!!

12.19" rotor kit?

I'd like to get those somewhere along the line as well.

The solid rotors, although very slightly heavier, are better for open tracking as far as resisting stress risers go, and they do give you that little extra bit of swept area as well. ;)
Yep, this is the 12.19" kit.

I've been doing a little more thinking on how to get the rest of the way to my street weight goal (2599 lbs with removing seats/spare/tools -- those only out for track days). I made a list of everything else I can think of and costs. I need about 70lbs more to go but unfortunately it looks like this is going to get very expensive. I can't seem to find a weight on the rear Wilwood kit and there don't seem to be any 2 piece OE fit rear rotor options.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My kids are fully grown with rides of their own now, so a back seat/belts delete will be done right away, as well as a cargo cover and rear seat floor mat delete.

In this area, I am a little wary of doing without a spare and jack, especially once I have very sticky summer tires on it, but I would be willing to spend the coin on an alloy wheel wrapped in the lightest tire I can find that will fit in the well. [wink]

I will eventually have a carbon hood, much lighter seats, and a lighter battery in this thing, but I AM happy that I am starting off with the very lightest, 'stripped' FiST possible to begin with. [:)]

TempeST

Subbed. Great build and the car looks awesome! Love the Rota titans and the small subtle things you keep constantly doing to the car. keep it up.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Everything looks really good so far; you have good taste. I think you can get to your goal without spending anymore money. You just have to be creative, and a little crazy ;)