Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accel Junky's Magnetic Build Thread

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Hey this is Matt with the white FiST. I met you at the JZilla AMP track day. Just friended you here.. PM me. I'd like to talk soon.

OP
A
Thread Starter #163
^^^ that brake corner is more expensive than an entire Fiesta ST. hahaha.
One can dream :)

Hey this is Matt with the white FiST. I met you at the JZilla AMP track day. Just friended you here.. PM me. I'd like to talk soon.
Hey Matt! Yeah, I'll accept the request and PM you.

OP
A
Thread Starter #165
Update: bought a Cobb AP from a forum member today. It's already in the mail.

Also, took a shot at work that I think is a flattering angle for the car:

Accel Junky did you remove the windshield wiper bottle so you can run the brake cooling tubes? I have really been thinking about going the way you have but can't see how to have room with the bottle in the way. Thanks and great build!

OP
A
Thread Starter #167
Accel Junky did you remove the windshield wiper bottle so you can run the brake cooling tubes? I have really been thinking about going the way you have but can't see how to have room with the bottle in the way. Thanks and great build!
It took a little finagling but I was able run it around the reservoir and then ovalize it a little to go behind between the back of the reservoir and the fender liner (it poked the liner out a little) and then down under the engine and along the control arm.

I'm probably going to delete my reservoir at some point anyways and then I can take a straighter shot.

It took a little finagling but I was able run it around the reservoir and then ovalize it a little to go behind between the back of the reservoir and the fender liner (it poked the liner out a little) and then down under the engine and along the control arm.

I'm probably going to delete my reservoir at some point anyways and then I can take a straighter shot.
Thanks for the reply. If at down the road you find yourself under the car it would be awesome to get a closer photo. I am trying to no delete the reservoir yet still make this happen.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Are you satisfied with the Swift springs? Did you cut the bump stop when you installed them? I'm planning to pull the trigger on a set today.

OP
A
Thread Starter #170
Did another corner weighing with full tank to compare to full-tank-as-delivered-new (2761 lbs). So far almost 100 lbs dropped with no adverse affect on weight distribution.

With me:

OP
A
Thread Starter #171
Are you satisfied with the Swift springs? Did you cut the bump stop when you installed them? I'm planning to pull the trigger on a set today.
So far, yes. But I haven't done a track day with them so please bear that in mind. I did not cut the bumpstops. I wasn't aware that I needed to. Is that typical for aftermarket springs on the Fiesta?

Honestly, coilovers are always the best choice for me to get the ride height set but it IS a lot of money just to customize my ride height one time and leave it. Hence the Swift springs for more appealing than spending $1000+ on this inexpensive car.

Pros:
- Reduced body roll
- Similar ride to stock
- Crisp turn in response retained

Cons:
- Not low enough for my taste (would like to see them go 0.50-0.75 inches lower)

OP
A
Thread Starter #172
I just got the used Cobb AP and installed the Stage 1 93oct OTS map (v400). I did some before and after data logging but I can't check them at work.

I did before and after 1/4 tests, though. The 1/4 mile function was a massive bitch to get working. Seemed like only 1 out of 6-7 runs went uninterrupted. Most runs when I would bang 2nd gear it would end the run. Tried with and without sport mode/esc on/off.

Honestly I don't feel a seat of the pants difference. I figured surely I could detect the torque. peak boost is lower. Like 19.XX after the tune and as high as 21.XX before the tune.

The launch control function is there and works and the higher rev limit is working of course.

All in all...not impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just got the used Cobb AP and installed the Stage 1 93oct OTS map (v400). I did some before and after data logging but I can't check them at work.

I did before and after 1/4 tests, though. The 1/4 mile function was a massive bitch to get working. Seemed like only 1 out of 6-7 runs went uninterrupted. Most runs when I would bang 2nd gear it would end the run. Tried with and without sport mode/esc on/off.

Honestly I don't feel a seat of the pants difference. I figured surely I could detect the torque. peak boost is lower. Like 19.XX after the tune and as high as 21.XX before the tune.

The launch control function is there and works and the higher rev limit is working of course.

All in all...not impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much...
This is why I am going straight to the Strat Flash tune, and not even bothering with trying the Cobb 'stages'.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So far, yes. But I haven't done a track day with them so please bear that in mind. I did not cut the bumpstops. I wasn't aware that I needed to. Is that typical for aftermarket springs on the Fiesta?

Honestly, coilovers are always the best choice for me to get the ride height set but it IS a lot of money just to customize my ride height one time and leave it. Hence the Swift springs for more appealing than spending $1000+ on this inexpensive car.

Pros:
- Reduced body roll
- Similar ride to stock
- Crisp turn in response retained

Cons:
- Not low enough for my taste (would like to see them go 0.50-0.75 inches lower)
You did retain the stock/factory dampers with these springs, correct?? (Sorry if I asked this previously.)

OP
A
Thread Starter #175
This is why I am going straight to the Strat Flash tune, and not even bothering with trying the Cobb 'stages'.
Yeah, I knew theirs were pretty conservative. I'll probably do a pro-tune once I have the other supporting mods.

You did retain the stock/factory dampers with these springs, correct?? (Sorry if I asked this previously.)
Yep, stock dampers.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I knew theirs were pretty conservative. I'll probably do a pro-tune once I have the other supporting mods.

Yep, stock dampers.
On the stock turbo idk if it's worth the money for a protune. That's my opinion anyways, Strat OTS tunes leave a little ont he table and what they cost for a canned tune, it's a no brainer. E30 canned tune will change your mind on that:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #177
On the stock turbo idk if it's worth the money for a protune. That's my opinion anyways, Strat OTS tunes leave a little ont he table and what they cost for a canned tune, it's a no brainer. E30 canned tune will change your mind on that:)

So you would recommend buying just the Stratified OTS tune and running that? Looks like $50 plus options.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So you would recommend buying just the Stratified OTS tune and running that? Looks like $50 plus options.
Absolutely, you can reach MBT (meant best torque) on the stock turbo. "What that means is that we were able to advance timing until no additional power was being made and the engine remained knock free". .

Spending the money for a protune on the stock turbo is having it look nice in your sig IMHO.

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/stratified-fiesta-st-tune-progress-and-e85/

I've attached a link to the article that Alex wrote (wonderful guy and knows his stuff) hope this all helps.

OP
A
Thread Starter #179
Absolutely, you can reach MBT (meant best torque) on the stock turbo. "What that means is that we were able to advance timing until no additional power was being made and the engine remained knock free". .

Spending the money for a protune on the stock turbo is having it look nice in your sig IMHO.

http://stratifiedauto.com/blog/stratified-fiesta-st-tune-progress-and-e85/

I've attached a link to the article that Alex wrote (wonderful guy and knows his stuff) hope this all helps.

Thanks for the link and info. I went ahead and bought the Stratified tune...just waiting for them to build and email it to me.

In the meantime:

I imported my Cobb AP datalogs and compared stock boost and air fuel ratio vs the Cobb 93 oct stage 1 tune. What is interesting is that it appears that the stock tune was holding spool up back to keep it gradual. But then the Cobb tune doesn't boost as high but it boosts earlier and stays flatter longer before tapering off more gradually and then holds higher boost to redline. AFRs are mostly richer for the Cobb tune which is interesting...

These were 3rd pulls from earlier today.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the link and info. I went ahead and bought the Stratified tune...just waiting for them to build and email it to me.

In the meantime:

I imported my Cobb AP datalogs and compared stock boost and air fuel ratio vs the Cobb 93 oct stage 1 tune. What is interesting is that it appears that the stock tune was holding spool up back to keep it gradual. But then the Cobb tune doesn't boost as high but it boosts earlier and stays flatter longer before tapering off more gradually and then holds higher boost to redline. AFRs are mostly richer for the Cobb tune which is interesting...

These were 3rd pulls from earlier today.

I don't like the corrections on the Cobb maps.

Wait til you get the Stratified tune, you will thank me:) the car drives better, rev hang is absent. Do let us know how it is and post on Strat thread if ya can. You went with the right tuner:)