Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accel Junky's Magnetic Build Thread

I guess there is weight over the Potenzas with the slight width increase. But yeah, I don't expect to save much weight between the tires if I swap eventually. For this time attack thing I will have to run a 200 treadwear or higher so I am anticipating running Azenis or RS3s. Haven't really looked to see what else performs well at 200 or
Hey brother, just chiming in regarding 200 treadware tyres. Personally I have been through about 10 sets of RE-11s (1 on the Fiesta) and I have to say they worked great for me. They are comparable to a Starspec, although Starspecs might have gotten better reviews and were more popular. The RE-11 for my Fiesta had very responsive turn in (thick sidewalls), which is why they are a few lbs heavier than the stock 050s.

The RE-71R my Golf R buddy has and he swears by them. Seems like the RE-71R has garnered much of the support that the original Starspec used to have with track guys looking to run 200tw.

With my most recent set, I chose the RE-11 only because they are asymmetric and are easy for my lazy ass to rotate. If I was not worried about rotations, I would get the directional RE-71R.

Rs4 is probably a good choice for time attack because they like heat and wear well. Rival s 1.5 and re71r are likely the fastest tires you can buy but are a little less heat tolerant than rs4.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The problem is that all of the above mentioned, suggested 200 tread wear tires are NOT made in a size he can use to max effect on a 17x8 wheel, unless he wants to move to a 215/45, which WILL rub/scrape when using the curbing on tracks, especially if lowered. [:(]

Forgot you ran 17s. Most top level street tires only have 15 or sometimes 16 195 or 205 sizes as most street cars on 17s can take At least 245s, like frs/brz, new Miata. Re71r is available as a 205/45-17 and would be a lot faster than the re11 if there aren't height issues. Ive run both re71 and re-11, It's not even close. Didn't realize how hard it was to find top level street tires below 225 in a 17, maybe I'll go to 15s instead.

Did you do anything to the front fenders to stop rubbing? I just put some spacers on and I'm less flush than your setup but have some rubbing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #367
Thanks for the input on the tires from everyone. I haven't done any research into what is available in my size but would step down to a 205 if needed of course.

The current RS-RRs should last me fine until the event (about 2 track days at most and another 8k street miles) and then I can just replace them at that time.

Did you do anything to the front fenders to stop rubbing? I just put some spacers on and I'm less flush than your setup but have some rubbing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
No rubbing for me but with the Swift springs the car is definitely not what I would consider low.

Just read the entire thread - you selling any of your other wheel setups? :D
Thanks for reading! I have the brand new spares of each of the wheel types I tried to fit. Those are listed for sale and also sitting on eBay as well. Otherwise, I sold the Titans to another forum member last month.

OP
A
Thread Starter #368
Pretty quiet lately. I'm taking the GT3 to Barber this weekend (ouch $$$) and then next up will be Road Atlanta in June. I'm thinking I'll take the Fiesta in June so that I can get a feel for it at Road Atlanta before the time attack which is located there in late August.

I did replace the plastic hub rings with some aluminum variants that were recommended by another user. Can't say I feel a difference on the road but they seem a little more snug and give me a little more confidence that they aren't going to disintegrate. I had to tap them into the wheel centers with a hammer as they were a tight fit.

I also ordered some flat black Rota center caps to replace the ugly bulky caps that came with the wheels.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I was skeptical about having fun in the Fiesta at Road ATL. It was a blast! Our cars are setup very similar. Mine is perfectly suited for that track. I lusted for a little more power more power but it was magic through all of the turns. Check your charge pipe connections and use stronger clamps instead of the worm gears. 26psi blew mine off after several laps coming out of turn 8. Fortunately I limped back to pit and fixed it without interrupting anyone on track. The GT3 would be fast as shit there, but you'll have tons of fun in the Fiesta driving flat out.

LILIKE16ST

OK, here we go! Finally, a few moments for a big long-overdue update.

I believe we last left off this story with me trying to go from the Wilwood BBQ (pun intended) to the StopTech BBK.

Here's a quick point-by-point on what I've done since (cliff's notes in bold):

- Wilwood would not warranty and would only offer to sell me a new one at a significant discount so on principle I sold the kit as a fully-disclosed re-buildable kit at a cheap price on the forum
- Bought StopTech BBK, tried to fit, wasn't even close to clearing Titans, StopTech was not helpful and seemed to reveal that they didn't R&D the fitment themselves but just built to Cobb SEMA car requested fitment
- Bought 5 different affordable off-the-shelf wheels to try to clear the StopTechs: Rota Grid, Sparco Gara, Sparco Corsa, XXR 527, Turbomac
- Bought and installed ARP wheel studs thinking I would need them for spacers to clear brakes eventually
- Only the Rota Grid would clear without a spacer and only by 1 (yes ONE) business card's thickness. Sparco Corsa would clear with a small spacer and the net flushness would be less than a bolted on Rota Titan/Grid. So Sparco Corsa is an option for other owners.
- Rota Grids fitted with the Federal RS-RRs 215 tires that I ordered earlier in the thread
- Brake ducting re-installed with revised mounting at the control arm (3" marine clamps, rubber lined metal, suggested elsewhere on the forum) and less zip ties as a result
- Used November FoTM gift card towards Mishimoto induction hose. Installed. Doubt it is 10whp as advertised but who knows if my ass is sensitive enough to tell.
- First track day with StopTechs and all of the above associated parts and additions. Atlanta Motorsports Park. Absolutely flawless braking performance even with the standard StopTech street pads (which are cheap thankfully). Brake disc temps after 1 brisk cool down lap were 400-480F compared to 700F+ on the stock discs w/ ducting. Yes, the 1 business card clearance was enough. Recommend at least 2 business cards ideally ( [rofl] ) as some expansion made it harder to insert the business card after a session.
- Fuel tank baffle needed at tracks with elevation and long turns. 3/4 tank or less would fuel starve at AMP coming around back carousel and starting to go up hill. Other Fiesta drivers there approached me with same prob.
- Power seemed down at track so checked plugs/coils when I got home. Iridiums had broken porcelain on 2 of them. Swapped stock coppers back in. Can't feel a difference anyways. Lucky the broken parts didn't end up in the engine.

Now, for the future: I've signed up for a time attack event later this year so I will be looking at ways to maximize my car within the rules. The class I've chosen requires full interior, glass windows, and OEM body panel shapes but otherwise I have some freedom to try a few things. Stay tuned for more.

And now for pics:

Dude those Grids are bad ass. Some of the better looking wheels I've seen for these cars the titans look nice but these are better imo. I'm partial to my 15x8 team dynamics pr 1.2 but I like the weight loss and taller sidewalls and looks and I also don't plan on a large brake kit either. But those grids are some sweet looking wheels I always thought so

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
man, i wish Photobucket would get their shit together. or maybe the OP would upload his pics to another site. *wink wink*

Hey Accel Junky - Just want to say thank you for all your work on the StopTech fitment issues. Because of this thread I have ordered the ST's & Rota Grids after annihilating my brakes at Watkins Glen this weekend. I'm looking forward to testing them out. ST should give you a kickback or something for you making this info publicly available.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Better yet, Stop Tech should adapt THEIR kit to fit with most other FiST fitment wheels for those who do not want to be forced into only ONE wheel choice. [wink]

Business6

Just load them all up on imgur and post the gallery link in the OP. Photobucket has been trash for years, sadly.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I see you are converting the Fiesta back to stock. Looking to get rid of it? Its a shame, I really enjoyed this build thread more than any other here.
+1!

Pete's "Green Beast" build is one of the few other ones I liked as much, albeit much more out of my price affordability/skill ability range than this build.