Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accel Junky's Magnetic Build Thread

OP
A
Thread Starter #321
So I used the STopTech template after the fact on my Rotas. Sure enough doesn't clear but still what in the hell kind of 4x108 wheel would have 12mm more spoke clearance than the Rota but with no more aggressive offset than et40? Because that is already aggressive.

What do I do just buy a bunch of F****** wheels until one magically fits? The Rota cleared the Wilwoods no problem. They have tons of spoke clearance. This is retarded...

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I am using a KSport bbk. KSport tell you that you will need a 15mm spacer if you are using the OEM rim which gives around 3mm of clearance.
I am running BG racing 17x7 rims with 35mm off set, caliper to spoke clearance is just over 2mm.

K Sport Clearance 3.jpg

OP
A
Thread Starter #323
Yeah there is no way those would clear these StopTechs. I've emailed them now hoping to start a dialog on why I can't find anyone running them and how I'm supposed to fit them on a stock body Fiesta when the only known setup I've seen is the Cobb SEMA car for which they were R&D'd...which seems now to have been fitted around those unique wheels which are no longer for sale.

Probably will contact Cobb as well.

I'm not buying a bunch of wheels when I know nothing short of a very specific deep-hub wheel with flat spokes and a low offset will work if even that.

Piss poor R&D bottom line that they did not do on a car in house from what I see.

Hopefully they will refund me or buy them back so that I can just move on to AP Racing or back to Wilwood and be done with this braking nightmare...

OP
A
Thread Starter #324
On a slightly more positive note, I did put on my track decals finally. Just missing one that was only recently developed. I'm hoping to add 1 or 2 new tracks this year.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah there is no way those would clear these StopTechs. I've emailed them now hoping to start a dialog on why I can't find anyone running them and how I'm supposed to fit them on a stock body Fiesta when the only known setup I've seen is the Cobb SEMA car for which they were R&D'd...which seems now to have been fitted around those unique wheels which are no longer for sale.

Probably will contact Cobb as well.

I'm not buying a bunch of wheels when I know nothing short of a very specific deep-hub wheel with flat spokes and a low offset will work if even that.

Piss poor R&D bottom line that they did not do on a car in house from what I see.

Hopefully they will refund me or buy them back so that I can just move on to AP Racing or back to Wilwood and be done with this braking nightmare...
IF you do go ap Racing, PLEASE make sure to triple check that they have put them on these cars already, using available/possible/even factory wheel setups (maybe even ask to be SHOWN actual examples, in person), as those are WAY WAY too much coin to have to dump/sell and take a loss on, IF they turn out to be the same scenario as these were. [wink] [mad]

OP
A
Thread Starter #327
I'm so miffed about this...

I emailed Cobb about the SEMA car and their response was some highly useless generic wheel fitment contact vendors for best fit crap. StopTech has not responded to me yet further.

I emailed Pumaspeed about the AP Racing brakes. Turns out they have them fit so close to the lower suspension with the disk that you need to shave 1-2 mm off the suspension to clear that disc. Then the wheels they used had a convex face so it was clear to me the AP Racing brakes would not fit behind my Titans and would require a unique wheel style to fit.

SO I got desperate. I bought 5 wheels, 1 each of 5 styles. I'm determined now to find something that fits the StopTech calipers (that I also don't absolutely hate the look of) or go back to them and tell them to fix their R&D.

I'll just take a small hit on each of these selling them as spare wheels on the forum when I'm done. Don't know what else to do...that or eat a $1500 brake kit.

I went with these:

Rota Grid
Turbomac (spokes are thick, might be a long shot)
XXR 527 (concave, long shot)
Sparco Assetto Gara
Sparco Pro Corsa

Taking one for the team I guess...

Please nobody buy the StopTech BBK until I can find something still on sale that fits with it...

Backup plan I guess is get another Wilwood kit and bend over on the StopTechs... don't know who will buy them unless it is a wide body guy on here...

Wow that sucks hard. You're a champ for taking such a hit trying to figure it out though. Packaging really is tight on these things, but I can't see how a major brake manufacturer could miss the mark so bad.

Pete

I've seen recently a set of team dynamics in our bolt pattern with a +20 offset. Can't remember if it was on here or on eBay. Also if you are interested I may be willing to trade my wilwood kit for your stoptechs. Sorry I didn't see this earlier to offer that.

Probably not the solution you are looking for but fifteen52 does make a series of wheels designed for bbk and are custom made to spec (the RSR series). They are however gonna make the AP brake kit looks cheap. Let me know if you want me to price out a set.

OP
A
Thread Starter #332
Sorry...been unbelievably busy between jerking around with this StopTech BBK and work and life...

BUT...I have a great batch of updates to share on the car as soon as I have some time to get everything together. Hopefully later this week.

Teaser:

StopTechs are on, I have wheels that fit them and don't look dumb at the same time which is a miracle, and I've vetted them at the track. I've also made some other small changes to the car.

OP
A
Thread Starter #333
I've seen recently a set of team dynamics in our bolt pattern with a +20 offset. Can't remember if it was on here or on eBay. Also if you are interested I may be willing to trade my wilwood kit for your stoptechs. Sorry I didn't see this earlier to offer that.
That offset is bonkers but I guess depends on the width as to the next offset change compared to stock.

The trade offer...not so great. Firstly, the Wilwoods are half the price. Secondly, Wilwood doesn't stand behind their product when they seize (I'm not the first) and shit the bed so aside from weighing less I believe they aren't half the product that StopTech sells. Of course, StopTech puts a product on the market that they didn't R&D themselves and has resulting poor fitment so there's that... Sorry...I'm on edge lately.

Probably not the solution you are looking for but fifteen52 does make a series of wheels designed for bbk and are custom made to spec (the RSR series). They are however gonna make the AP brake kit looks cheap. Let me know if you want me to price out a set.
Thanks for the offer. Curious but as noted in my above post I did find a solution and it is cheap and no spacers required (more on that).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have a great batch of updates to share on the car as soon as I have some time to get everything together. Hopefully later this week.

Teaser:

StopTechs are on, I have wheels that fit them and don't look dumb at the same time which is a miracle, and I've vetted them at the track. I've also made some other small changes to the car.
REALLY happy to hear this, and also can't wait to see the solution!! [thumb]

But at this point, I am saving up for the ap Racing front kit, which hopefully is a true 'bolt on' with standard type wheels.

OP
A
Thread Starter #337
REALLY happy to hear this, and also can't wait to see the solution!! [thumb]

But at this point, I am saving up for the ap Racing front kit, which hopefully is a true 'bolt on' with standard type wheels.
I have some inside info/pics on the AP kit to share from Pumaspeed. I'll try to remember but basically it requires a little shaving of your lower control arm to clear the disc. In this case it is evident that AP racing made an effort to locate the rotor and caliper as inboard as physically possible as opposed to StopTech who made no efforts (it would seem)...

Glad you found something to fit brother.

I was going to mention that the RPF1 from the group buy appear to have a BBK-friendly spoke design. [emoji481]

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Anxious to see what wheels you went with to fit.

I should've waited to see if you possibly wanted to sell those Titans before I bought my set. :(