Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What mods can you do but still stay in stock class?

So I've been trying to find the answer to this, but no luck. So far my mods are just stage 1; tune, filter, RMM. But at some point I want to get a new IC and CBE. If I do that will I be able to stay in the stock class?

For autocross your mods are already too much for a stock class. (HS in SCCA) The only mods allowed in a stock class are tires. NOW.... you didn't hear this from me but they won't check the tune, RMM or drop in filter. I would leave the tune on the car but take the tuner out so it appears stock.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #5
For autocross your mods are already too much for a stock class. (HS in SCCA) The only mods allowed in a stock class are tires. NOW.... you didn't hear this from me but they won't check the tune, RMM or drop in filter. I would leave the tune on the car but take the tuner out so it appears stock.
I'm picking up what you're putting down. If I was to get a FMIC and Exhaust at some point and moved up to the street class would I have a chance? Seems like there is a big gap between stock and street

Its not as bad as you think. I run in STX. Its actually pretty competitive. I have a pierce chassis set up on my car in addition to the tune and filter and tires. It honestly gets old running away from the field in the stock class. The ST is pretty much king in HS.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #7
I guess I'll just have to try it and see how it goes. probably should try and run one before I do any more mods.

Well, this isn't entirely true. His tune and RMM put him out of the classing for sure. His drop-in filter is totally within SCCA Street class regulations. His RMM must come off to be reverted to stock and his tune must be flashed back to stock, however. You can do down to 200tw tires, a wheel with an offset of no more than 7mm from stock and no more than 1" up or down in diameter sizing. You can also do ONE sway bar in either the front or the rear, but most people do the front bar on this car as it already oversteers quite readily with proper pressure in the tires. The other thing he can do is shocks/struts. Koni yelows are available for the car and are popular to use.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_file...4_section_13_street_category_b.pdf?1458856378

Please don't encourage people to cheat. That's a shitty thing to do.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #9
^ So if I swap the FMIC I can't even race in street class? That seems...odd. I want to do a FMIC & CBE after these mods, what class would that put me in?

And thanks for helping dudes, sorry I'm such a noob

Waterfan

Yup for SCCA Street class (formerly called "Stock") it is VERY limited. Read this, starting p.67 for details

Document Source Page

Waterfan

...adding ever so slightly to [MENTION=2740]commonplatypus[/MENTION] , specific to your questions/existing mods:
1. Drop in air filter and CBE are permitted in Street
2. Tune and RMM puts you in Street Touring
3. FMIC puts you in Street Prepared

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #12
So its looking like I fall into the STF, and stay there with all the mods I plan to do. Anyone race in this category? And how did you do?

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #15
Well, shit. I already heat soak in traffic around here, I want to autox but I feel like I'd get my ass whooped in prepared. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

What classes do you guys race in?

Really? Did not know that. I have a ap3 on my car now. Haven't run an event with it yet though. Looks like I'll have to change classes again.
When I began the season this year at tech I was classified as CSP-T because of my modifications. T is for tire limited because I wasn't on race compound such as hoosiers. I was bumped back down to street class once I parted out. You can do engine tuning in STX, but you can't touch boost. Anything that touches boost or modifies it indirectly or otherwise boots you out of STX. This includes intercoolers, BOVs, charge pipes, etc.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Koni yellows are available for the car and are popular to use.
Everyone keeps saying this, but will they definitely fit, or can be made to fit, the STs??

WE ARE speaking of the Koni 'Sports' when you say "yellows", and NOT the STR.Ts, correct?

If so, are these single (rebound) adjustable only, or do they offer them in the doubles (individual rebound AND compression adjustable) as well for our rides?

Everyone keeps saying this, but will they definitely fit, or can be made to fit, the STs??

WE ARE speaking of the Koni 'Sports' when you say "yellows", and NOT the STR.Ts, correct?

If so, are these single (rebound) adjustable only, or do they offer them in the doubles (individual rebound AND compression adjustable) as well for our rides?
Yes, the koni sport yellows. You can find the rears on Tire Rack. It's the base Fiesta ones, but they fit the ST. You have to zip tire the ABS sensor module. Most people just do the rears anyways since that is where the car needs the help on dampers. Part number is 8040-1419SPORT. There's stuff if you google around and I think [MENTION=1229]Phreak[/MENTION] hasd a guide on install on this forum somewhere.