Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Converting window switches to one touch?

Many years ago I did it on one of my old m3's, it was as simple as buying the $15 switch and swapping for the standard window switch. Anyone tried it on a FiST or know if it's as easy as buying 3 of the driver window switches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried swapping the driver side switch with one of the other three to see if it works? I'd be interested to know.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
Not yet, if I have time this weekend I may dig into it, would be a nice little upgrade for the day to day stuff.

It would be awesome if this would work but I'm guessing that along with the door switches it would most likely also require a torque sensing motor/regulator. If that's the case and it's not something tied to a control module it would be more than I care to spend for the option.

I do wish the Fist had these or a global open/close, I tend to forget to close the sunroof every now and then..

After looking at the wiring diagrams, it appears that besides the switch itself, there is a module just for the driver window

Can you point me towards where I can find the wiring diagrams? I've got a couple theories on how to do this (I'd love to have one touch close on the sunroof) but need the diagrams to be sure.