Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MR230 from Mountune

I just bought a MR230 pack a little while ago and as of today, it has been installed. Does anyone have any questions about it?

Do you have any other basis to compare to, other tunes, etc. on the FiST?
I am considering the 215 kit there is a $500+ premium over buying the parts separately from them just to have the warranty.
I can buy the Cobb AP3 with the Mountune tunes for $525, I can buy the intake kit for $350, or I can buy them together in a kit and still have a warranty for $1,200 lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, it's a shame they don't sell only the AP with the MP215 tune installed for that price, and then STILL have it covered by the warranty. [:(]

They would probably sell MANY more if that were the case. ;)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yeah, it's a shame they don't sell the only AP with the MP215 tune installed for that price, and then STILL have it covered by the warranty. [:(]

Remember the mp215 is both warranty and carb approved. Not cheap to get that.

As for the mr230 [MENTION=2232]KentRatke[/MENTION] I'm only missing the Dp but I am wondering about the emission tests. With the mTune ap can you see if all the sensors are ready? That is all I would need to pass and the only real thing holding me back.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yeah, it's a shame they don't sell the only AP with the MP215 tune installed for that price, and then STILL have it covered by the warranty. [:(]

As for the mr230 [MENTION=2232]KentRatke[/MENTION] I'm only missing the Dp but I am wondering about the emission tests. With the mTune ap can you see if all the sensors are ready? That is all I would need to pass and the only real thing holding me back.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, I know that the CARB certifications co$t BIG coin, and if it weren't for that one state (yes, other states have Kali level emissions standards, and ECU calibrations, but don't have the prohibitive expense {tax??!} involved for certification/labels/plates) they probably could sell the MP215 tune loaded AP by itself, for owner installation, and still offer a warranty.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
they probably could sell the MP215 tune loaded AP by itself, for owner installation, and still offer a warranty.
Likely Ford had a say in that and setting the price. Not arguing informing I am glad there are options and I can finance the MOUNTUNE/Ford racing parts with the purchase of the car.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #9
No, I went from bone stock to full MR230 and an RS-R brake update. It was what I really had my heart set on due to the pedigree of the Mountune brand. If you do the 215, you can always buy the upgrade kit to 230!

I considered the Cobb stages, but I wanted something offered right out of Ford's own catalog.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
No, I went from bone stock to full MR230 and an RS-R brake update. It was what I really had my heart set on due to the pedigree of the Mountune brand. If you do the 215, you can always buy the upgrade kit to 230!

I considered the Cobb stages, but I wanted something offered right out of Ford's own catalog.
Great but still using the accessport what does it display for the emission testing readiness?

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #11
Sure, I am going to take it on a long drive through some mountain passes on Friday. I will write something up on Saturday!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Interested to hearing your thoughts. I have MP215 now, have been saving up for MR230 upgrade but on the fence about that now given that there is a Mountune turbo upgrade around the corner that requires bigger intercooler than MR230 kit...interested to hear your 230 review

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
You do know you can shop Mountune parts online? I bought mine from Levittown Ford at a discount. $150 cheaper at the time.

I hate to say it but I feel (@#$%) after buying the 230 kit. the intercooler isn't really big enough. the upgrade was a waste and the cost to return to stock was a dealer thing. then the tool is worthless. skip it and go to a turbo upgrade. jmho.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #15
Hi [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION], I can't see on the Mountune tuner any emissions gauges or output. Sorry, I wish I could help.

Do you have emissions testing in Ontario? We used to have a program called Aircare in Vancouver, but they scrapped it for everything but commercial vehicles.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Hi [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION], I can't see on the Mountune tuner any emissions gauges or output. Sorry, I wish I could help.

Do you have emissions testing in Ontario? We used to have a program called Aircare in Vancouver, but they scrapped it for everything but commercial vehicles.
Yes we have. All they do is connect to the obd2 port. And scan. When the car is running with the mTune connected press the exit button. On the main screen scroll until you see the emission readiness option then click on it. It it passes then it would pass the test we have.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #17
I ran out to the car, I see where you can find the emissions info in the troubleshooting menu, but I cannot find how to run a test.

Sorry, I haven't really played with the tuner at all.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I ran out to the car, I see where you can find the emissions info in the troubleshooting menu, but I cannot find how to run a test.

Sorry, I haven't really played with the tuner at all.
To get to it, have the car running with the mTune connect. Press the small button to exit the gauges( may need to press twice). Scroll to troubleshooting (looks like the engine light). Press the middle button. Scroll up to I/m readiness. Select it.

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #19
It says ready, is that it or is there a way to run the test? sorry man, I really feel dumb and bad about this.