Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb RMM vs Boomba RMM

Ok so I have had a Boomba RMM for over 2k miles and liked it but being in the south with the A/C always on max it was just too much, not enough to go back to stock but annoying enough to want a change. I got change through a Cobb RMM. I went straight from Boomba to Cobb and after driving a few days I wanted to post a personal opinion that may help someone.

Thoughts on Cobb first: Smooth acceleration like stock with some A/C vibration, more than I was expecting actually but it is mainly audible and doesn't shake the seats noticeably like the Boomba. The steering has some noticeable vibration at idle also but as soon as you get the rpm up or the car moving you will never know it is there. It also isn't so bad that I think passengers will notice. As for stiffness I can feel some play again and engine movement like the stock mount but it is much more controlled and shifting can be made smooth and quick with the right touch. Under hard acceleration I can feel the mount flex in 2nd but everything about the shifting and acceleration is so much more smooth compared to the Boomba that for a daily it is near perfect.

Cobb final thoughts: I plan to keep the mount installed as I daily my car and rarely visit a track. The mount has smoothed out acceleration more than the stock or Boomba mounts finding the happy medium between no vibration from 1k-2.5k rpm in any gear and dampening the jolt from the transmission shifting gears.

Thoughts on Boomba: Initial install was scary but it broke in a lot. Heavy vibration that caused numerous rattles all over the car including making mirrors useless between 1.4-2.5k rpm even when in vacuum on my AP never went away. I tried lube and loosening and tightening the mounting hardware and nothing worked. It was almost miserable to drive with all the vibration but the up side was that shifting was always buttery smooth. I still miss the fact that even the dreaded 1st to 2nd shift couldn't be felt. The mount did not move at all when launching from a stop or dropping the clutch in gear. You could feel the instant power delivery along with the wheels just hooking second gear despite my full stage 3 Tune+ car. For aggressive driving and track use this mount can not be beat.

Boomba final thoughts: I will miss the smoothness of shifting and the feel of power going directly to the road but the vibrations were too strong. I had a love and a hate for this mount and cannot bring myself to sell it. I have decided that with the ease of changing the RMM on this car I am going to keep the Boomba and install it for drag strips and autocross but keep the Cobb on as my daily use mount.

As a disclaimer I wrote this review on my own accord and have no connection to either company. Hope the review helps someone with their decision and feel free to ask me any questions.