Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST myths

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Not sure if there is a thread like this. Decided to make one so we can put some common misconceptions to bed and discuss others that are debatable. Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head.

the oem rear motor mount does not hit the firewall

It may feel like it does, but there is not that much play in the mount for the engine to kick back a foot and slam the firewall

aftermarket intakes will give you cooler intake temps

Besides the extreme 2Jracing intake, most aftermarket intakes are engine bay bling. The oem intake is pretty dang good

aftermarket catted/catless downpipes hurt/help performance

Sorry to resurrect this, but if I can help someone with a stock turbo save a few hundred bucks it'll be worth it. If you run a stock turbo, an aftermarket downpipe is barely helping in the performance category. Some will argue it hurts performance or does nothing at all. If you're looking to change your exhaust tone they are great. Save this upgrade for when you upgrade the turbo

best first mods are Cobb accessport, intercooler, and pro tune

You can also make an argument for tires, but for performance, you cannot beat the combo I just listed

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Fiestas are only meant for autox. More power means you can't handle the curves.

- It all depends on how you set the car up. A Fiesta can be a powerful canyon carver. Which brings me to my next point.

Big turbos are undriveable because they have a lot of lag.

- Again, depends on the setup. If you cheap out, expect cheap performance. I've looked at many of my logs, and there's only 10ths of a second between accelerating to a speed, e.g. 25mph to 50mph at WOT.

The OEM suspension is perfect.

- I don't have much to say here. Rebound on the stock suspension is terrible, and mad sketchy at higher speeds.

I NEED MOAR TORQUE.

- Chill, bro. No you don't... All you're doing is blowing your tires off instead of putting the power to the ground. The car only weighs so much and the tires are only so wide.

I'll probably think of some more.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
For the colder intake myth I would add the Velossa Tech Big Mouth does also help in getting cold air to the engine.

Fiesta are no fun in snow

So not true get some good snow tires and enjoy. For best function reduce the traction control as you will have more control.

Fiesta does not have a cabin filter
It does and accessed from the passenger side. Change it people it is worth it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
For the colder intake myth I would add the Velossa Tech Big Mouth does also help in getting cold air to the engine.

Fiesta are no fun in snow

So not true get some good snow tires and enjoy. For best function reduce the traction control as you will have more control.

Fiesta does not have a cabin filter
It does and accessed from the passenger side. Change it people it is worth it.

Just like he said....they do have the cabin filters.....http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4710-Mildew-Mold-Smell-Cabin-Filter/page3

the oem rear motor mount does not hit the firewall

It may feel like it does, but there is not that much play in the mount for the engine to kick back a foot and slam the firewall
[/QUOTE]

This is a huge relief. I dont remember where i heard this myth but it made me feel like i was damaging my car buy not buying a rmm asap.

This is a huge relief. I dont remember where i heard this myth but it made me feel like i was damaging my car buy not buying a rmm asap.

although something does bang quite loud when this myth occurs.. it was happening for me while accelerating over bumps, rolling slowly (5 MPH) and slamming the brakes, and shifting hard into 2nd. the RMM stopped this from happening for me in all cases.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
although something does bang quite loud when this myth occurs.. it was happening for me while accelerating over bumps, rolling slowly (5 MPH) and slamming the brakes, and shifting hard into 2nd. the RMM stopped this from happening for me in all cases.
The loud bang is the RMM bottoming out. Since the RMM is a fix point to the chassis it resonates through out the cabin. Good video showing the movement.
[video=youtube;SfQUrLCX-MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfQUrLCX-MM[/video]

The loud bang is the RMM bottoming out. Since the RMM is a fix point to the chassis it resonates through out the cabin. Good video showing the movement.
[video=youtube;SfQUrLCX-MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfQUrLCX-MM[/video]
This was my first thought, thanks for the info! This thread might be sticky worthy.

Sorry to resurrect this, but if I can help someone with a stock turbo save a few hundred bucks it'll be worth it. If you run a stock turbo, an aftermarket downpipe is barely helping in the performance category. Some will argue it hurts performance or does nothing at all. If you're looking to change your exhaust tone they are great. Save this upgrade for when you upgrade the turbo

Doesn't Cobb recommend using a performance down pipe before using a stage 3 tune? I can't understand why they would say this if it doesn't help performance.

TUX15ST

The factory dp isnt very restrictive, thats why the aftermarket ones only add like 5hp tops, and for the price and effort are worthless, unless you like the sound then thats fine. same thing goes for CBE too, its all for sound, not performance

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran

Doesn't Cobb recommend using a performance down pipe before using a stage 3 tune? I can't understand why they would say this if it doesn't help performance.
For the same reasons you're sold an extended warranty.

What's not to understand? They are a manufacturer of performance parts. They want to sell you a down pipe.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15

You will get negatives corrections when using the stock downpipe on Cobb stage 3 map. To get best performance get a custom e-tune or dyno tune

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Interesting stuff. Thanks everyone, I am new to the tuning/aftermarket world so bare w/ me. lol
It's all good man. That's one of the biggest reasons I made this thread. Can't tell you how many useless mods I bought then later sold.

You do not need a silicone intake tube, and nobody is making 25+ hp from a catback. Always ask fellow users and research the forum. You'll save yourself a lot of headaches by doing so.

Any company can claim they gained x amount of Hp and tell you that you NEED this mod because blah blah blah... Catch my drift? They're trying to make money, even if they play friendly